Upcoming Glycine

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
hobbit712
Posts: 3427
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:55 am
Name: Steve
Contact:

Upcoming Glycine

Post by hobbit712 » Wed May 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Upcoming Glycine from (mass)Drop. Got an email today that they have a soda version coming up. It looks pretty nice. Especially for $399. ImageImage

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

http://watchidiotsavants.com
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

User avatar
djh1201
Posts: 752
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Name: David H.
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by djh1201 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:32 pm

That does! Had a Combat Chrono years ago, have been tempted to buy another Glycine. Hard to beat at this price IMO.

User avatar
DoctorC
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 am
Name: Greg
Location: when you find out, tell me

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by DoctorC » Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Saw that this morning,

I liked this description from the drop,

We teamed up with Glycine to put our own twist on one of the company’s best sellers, the Combat Sub. Our exclusive, serialized version features a vintage look you can’t get anywhere else.

Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
Greg

User avatar
stonehead887
Posts: 1563
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am
Name: Jeremy
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by stonehead887 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:27 pm

You cant beat the Combat Sub for looks and value, especially from Drop. I picked up the bronze version a few months ago delivered to UK, including all taxes for £430. Jura Watches currently has the same bronze sub for £1000!
The 12mm case and steep curved lugs make it super wearable

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk


User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 6275
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by dnslater » Thu May 16, 2019 6:46 am

Looks like they nailed the semi-faded colors from the BB GMT.

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 29473
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by matt.wu » Thu May 16, 2019 7:03 am

DoctorC wrote:Saw that this morning,

I liked this description from the drop,

We teamed up with Glycine to put our own twist on one of the company’s best sellers, the Combat Sub. Our exclusive, serialized version features a vintage look you can’t get anywhere else.

Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
:lol:
:htfu:

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Posts: 11363
Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:59 am
Name: Tom

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by AtomicTom » Thu May 16, 2019 7:40 am

Now that just looks crazy cool Steve, and like they hit it out of the
park sir ! :excited: Looks so refined from here really. Hadn't seen this yet
so thanks so much for the heads up about it, along with pictures ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 10964
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by JBZ » Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 am

DoctorC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
Glycine is indeed seeing around corners with the originality of this design.
Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17031
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am

JBZ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 am
DoctorC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
Glycine is indeed seeing around corners with the originality of this design.
They’re visionaries like Yao.

User avatar
gwells
Posts: 7944
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 11:05 am
Name: Greg
Location: NoVA

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by gwells » Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am
JBZ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 am
DoctorC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
Glycine is indeed seeing around corners with the originality of this design.
They’re visionaries like Yao.
visionaries don't need to deliver for years. decades even.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 17031
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu May 16, 2019 12:48 pm

gwells wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am
JBZ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 am
DoctorC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
Glycine is indeed seeing around corners with the originality of this design.
They’re visionaries like Yao.
visionaries don't need to deliver for years. decades even.
MKII, “death before delivery”.

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 4415
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by Ryeguy » Thu May 16, 2019 1:09 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:48 pm
gwells wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:13 am
JBZ wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:07 am
DoctorC wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:24 pm
Looks sharp. Would make a great GMT...
Glycine is indeed seeing around corners with the originality of this design.
They’re visionaries like Yao.
visionaries don't need to deliver for years. decades even.
MKII, “death before delivery”.
Well, we all know at least one case where this was true. At least Bill sent a card.

User avatar
hidden by leaves
Posts: 2091
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am
Name: Anthony
Location: Great White North

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by hidden by leaves » Thu May 16, 2019 1:33 pm

I like the look of pepsi bezels, but I don't understand the purpose for the use of the two colours on this one (or any dive or 12 hr bezel for that matter). It shouldn't bug me but it does.

24 hr/GMT bezels have the general day/night thing going for them but otherwise ???
Send lawyers, guns and money...

User avatar
mvyadam
Masshole
Posts: 1352
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:54 am
Name: Adam
Location: Martha's Vineyard, Ma.

Re: Upcoming Glycine

Post by mvyadam » Thu May 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Was in til I went to check out and saw estimated delivery date of Dec. '19..... :rolleyes:
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aikiman44, deepcdvr, Igor78, JBH61, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 92 guests