If you had to pare down your collection to 2 watches.......

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Wario406
Name: Mike

Re: If you had to pare down your collection to 2 watches.......

Post by Wario406 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:04 am

Such a hard question. Pick the watches for love, or for guilt…? I too have watches that were given to me that I cant ever let go. Fortunately those two watches cover the two classes of watches that I would keep. A Pilot and a Diver. Oris Pro Pilot Big Crown GMT Small Second is my choice of Pilot, and I’d keep my Sinn U1 as my diver, although my “must keep” diver is a Marathon TSAR that wouldn’t be the worst diver to have keep either.
It is better to know how to learn than to know.
Dr. Seuss

Blaine
Name: Blaine

If you had to pare down your collection to 2 watches.......

Post by Blaine » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:49 am

BBK357 wrote:If I could go back in time….

If only catagoryImage: The 6139 was a very early “notched” crown all original and original bracelet/unpolished/serviced. Worth 3.5x’s what I paid in todays market (in it’s condition) and that was only four years ago. The Pogue’s have jumped in the last year or so. Some are paying over $2k + for the silver dialed versions. The moon was an earlier version and a 1/4 of the price these 861’s are going for today. Fortunately I was able to replace it that with a 1984 thanks to a great forum friend. The 9411….Image….but I suppose all of us can say the same thing.

As a hobby and not a collector, it has been more about the fun of owning and trying out all the watches…both vintage and new for me. Now it’s about holding onImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tyd450
Name: Tyler

Post by tyd450 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:31 am

This one is easy for me at the moment because I have just done that. I think i am going to try to keep it this way for awhile.

The tuna is so nice on the wrist, the bracelet is amazing, and it is a strap monster with drilled lugs to boot. The g shock has that classic look to it and is bomb proof. It is a new addition to the collection as well and was an upgrade from the 5610, so I really enjoy the extra heft you get from the steel case and screw on caseback, and the nicer rubber strap over the resin on the 5610.

I may want to add a nicer automatic down the line. That would also be a diver though as that is just what I like these days. I really have little use for a formal or dress watch and I love the day to day utility of a dive bezel. I used to have a pelagos LHD that I enjoyed and had considered getting the regular black dial version again. I also really like the new white dial seamaster 300M professional, and I really like the look of the last gen titanium planet ocean with the blue dial. So I would probably pick up one of those when I go to add a third watch to the collection.

But for now, these will do just fine!

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Fri May 13, 2022 3:50 am

That's easy since I wear one of these two most of the time.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Fri May 13, 2022 11:53 am

Since the pandemic my watch-wearing has been nearly nil...an out-of-practice out-of-mind sort of thing.

Going down to 2 watches would probably be unrealistic, but having up to 4 watches sounds more doable…so a diver, a dress watch, something solar-powered (or on battery) for quick grab-n-go wear and the 4th watch being a jack-of-all-trades kinda piece or a sentimental favorite.

So it would look like this:

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Fri May 13, 2022 1:45 pm

I think I'll have to update my response--but the question is if you have to go to 2...

Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial Master Chronometer

Rolex Exp 2 226570

Mike

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Fri May 13, 2022 5:50 pm

4 would be more realistic and is pretty much my collection now. Dress, Digital, Diver, Sport.

However if it had to be 2 it’d be these 2.

ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Post by Mr_Pacman » Fri May 13, 2022 9:09 pm

tyd450 wrote:
Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:31 am

This one is easy for me at the moment because I have just done that. I think i am going to try to keep it this way for awhile.

The tuna is so nice on the wrist, the bracelet is amazing, and it is a strap monster with drilled lugs to boot. The g shock has that classic look to it and is bomb proof. It is a new addition to the collection as well and was an upgrade from the 5610, so I really enjoy the extra heft you get from the steel case and screw on caseback, and the nicer rubber strap over the resin on the 5610.

I may want to add a nicer automatic down the line. That would also be a diver though as that is just what I like these days. I really have little use for a formal or dress watch and I love the day to day utility of a dive bezel. I used to have a pelagos LHD that I enjoyed and had considered getting the regular black dial version again. I also really like the new white dial seamaster 300M professional, and I really like the look of the last gen titanium planet ocean with the blue dial. So I would probably pick up one of those when I go to add a third watch to the collection.

But for now, these will do just fine!

I was just wondering why Seiko doesn't make a quartz version of the Turtle or the SKX line, but looking at your Tuna, it might be the trick for me.

I like your model better than the current expensive ones, but finding mint ones like yours isn't easy these days.

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Fri May 13, 2022 9:22 pm

These

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Sat May 14, 2022 4:45 am

This is my answer today… but might be different tomorrow.

Batt14
Name: Pete

Post by Batt14 » Sun May 15, 2022 2:33 pm

-Pete