Magrette Regattare Carbon

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
james80
Name: James

Magrette Regattare Carbon

Post by james80 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:02 am

Just got an email on this

LE of 200 pieces, worth a look if you missed the Swiss version of 10.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Re: Magrette Regattare Carbon

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:54 am

Ooh nice James ! :o :) Haven't seen a new watch from them in a while.

Is it me?! Or do they make some of the most phenomenal cases? ..Thanks very much
for the news, along with heads up about it.

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:09 am

The email also had links to preorder their new 2016 models

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:03 am

ooh, magrette is getting serious about the 42mm sizes.

i like the 42mm Regattare. i can seriously see this replacing my MPP.

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:06 am

Does anyone know if the Regattare uses the exact case shape of a fiddy or luminor?

My real question is can I fit a rubberb strap on a carbon Regattare?

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:08 am

That PVD with red accents is nice, be better without a date window, I like

ZASKAR36
Name: Corey

Post by ZASKAR36 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:10 am

nweash wrote:Does anyone know if the Regattare uses the exact case shape of a fiddy or luminor?

These new 42mm Regattare looks to be using the dual time case. The Carbon looks to be using the same case shape as the original 44mm Regattare 2011. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to throw a 24mm rubber strap on the Carbon. I throw a 24mm BC rubber on my Regattare and my MPP once in awhile.

Man I love Magrette. Wish the waterman had a date. And I was bummed the dual time was rose gold not bronze. I would've been all over a bronze dual time.

My MPP and Regattare are keepers that is for sure. This post is making me want to strap on my Regattare on now.

The only thing I wish Dion would start doing is start luming the internal bezels. At least have the marker at the 12 lumed.
Last edited by ZASKAR36 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:21 am, edited 4 times in total.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:15 am

haha, and i actually wish the regattare was the one w/o the date. i'm too blind to read date wheels without reading glasses, wish more watches came w/o them. but i like the regattare better overall.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:27 am

james80 wrote:The email also had links to preorder their new 2016 models

Those are fantastic too James ! :thumbsup: Wow, first time seeing all of these. Thanks once again !

nweash

Post by nweash » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:45 am

ZASKAR36 wrote:
nweash wrote:Does anyone know if the Regattare uses the exact case shape of a fiddy or luminor?

These new 42mm Regattare looks to be using the dual time case. The Carbon looks to be using the same case shape as the original 44mm Regattare 2011. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to throw a 24mm rubber strap on the Carbon. I throw a 24mm BC rubber on my Regattare and my MPP once in awhile.

Man I love Magrette. Wish the waterman had a date. And I was bummed the dual time was rose gold not bronze. I would've been all over a bronze dual time.

My MPP and Regattare are keepers that is for sure. This post is making me want to strap on my Regattare on now.

The only thing I wish Dion would start doing is start luming the internal bezels. At least have the marker at the 12 lumed.
I was referring to Rubber B straps designed to integrate into Panerai cases with no gap.

http://rubberb.com/en/rubber-b-straps-for-panerai

I was hoping the Regattare 44mm case was just a Panerai fiddy case or luminor.

stumpy1972
Perfectly Bent
Name: Dan

Post by stumpy1972 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:01 pm

Man, loving the black and gold model. Classy!
"Steal a little and they throw you in jail. Steal a lot and they make you king." -Bob Dylan

"If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." -Henry Ford

"Surely not EVERYBODY was Kung Fu fighting." -Unknown

ZASKAR36
Name: Corey

Post by ZASKAR36 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:10 pm

nweash wrote:
ZASKAR36 wrote:

I was referring to Rubber B straps designed to integrate into Panerai cases with no gap.

Ah IC. I don't own any Panerai's. No can afford. But looking at that close up pic you posted I would have to say no it won't fit. To my eye the shape around the case in the lug area is different on the Regattare.

Magrette uses their own cases, eventhough they are inspired by Panerai.

Best thing to do though to know for sure for sure is to email Dion at Magrette or ping Todd on the Magrette facebook group. Todd handles Magrette in the US. He is pretty responsive as I've pm'd him on facebook a few times and he always reeponds. I'm 98% confident though it won't be a 1:1 fit.

nweash

Post by nweash » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:06 am

ZASKAR36 wrote:
nweash wrote:
ZASKAR36 wrote:

Ah IC. I don't own any Panerai's. No can afford. But looking at that close up pic you posted I would have to say no it won't fit. To my eye the shape around the case in the lug area is different on the Regattare.

Magrette uses their own cases, eventhough they are inspired by Panerai.

Best thing to do though to know for sure for sure is to email Dion at Magrette or ping Todd on the Magrette facebook group. Todd handles Magrette in the US. He is pretty responsive as I've pm'd him on facebook a few times and he always reeponds. I'm 98% confident though it won't be a 1:1 fit.
Thanks for the info. I hit up Magrette Europe yesterday but they weren't sure. I just hit up Todd now.