Very Accommodating Seller

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15756
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Very Accommodating Seller

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 am

I came across a sales post for a $230 watch.

This was contained in the sales post:


Selling for $230 OBO shipping is your decision and I will pay 3/4 of shipping price.

Or if you are within 100 miles of Philly I will hand deliver If you want.



Some people really miss driving.
Image

User avatar
goaliechris
Posts: 1434
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:24 pm
Name: Chris

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by goaliechris » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:05 am

Ha! No kidding. I know it’s true because the idea seems appealing to me right now. Maybe I should add to my FS post that I’m willing to drive in a 500 mile radius (negotiable).


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Ruggs
Posts: 660
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:19 pm
Name: Andrew
Location: San Francisco

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by Ruggs » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:18 am

1000 miles on his tinder profile.

ChuckW
Posts: 1365
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:59 pm
Name: Chuck
Location: Atlanta

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by ChuckW » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:24 am

Maybe he just wants to get out of Philly.
Image

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 6000
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by dnslater » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:25 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:10 am
I came across a sales post for a $230 watch.

This was contained in the sales post:


Selling for $230 OBO shipping is your decision and I will pay 3/4 of shipping price.

Or if you are within 100 miles of Philly I will hand deliver If you want.



Some people really miss driving.
What I find funny is that he is willing to drive 200 miles but will only pay 75% of shipping.

I haven’t sold a watch this cheap for awhile but isn’t it like $7 for Priority?

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5464
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by Seppia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 am

Maybe he has a company car and he really misses driving

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5464
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Very Accommodating Seller

Post by Seppia » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 am

Or, he can't do math like 90% of humans

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15756
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:38 am

Seppia wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 am
Or, he can't do math like 90% of humans
Thank goodness the other 12% can.
Image

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7329
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by jswing » Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:29 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Seppia wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 am
Or, he can't do math like 90% of humans
Thank goodness the other 12% can.
Image



Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Posts: 27980
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:07 am
Name: Brice
Location: FlipVille, SC

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by Jeep99dad » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am

I’ve hand delivered 5 watches recently.
Good to get out.
Good to meet people and get a “feel” for the buyer in person. Body language and facial expressions alone are a huge help.
They can see and handle the watch. No surprises or supposedly damaged Or list In Transit or it’s not a described....
Can do cash. Zelle on the spot...

Limits post sales risk.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15756
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:46 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:41 am
I’ve hand delivered 5 watches recently.
Good to get out.
Good to meet people and get a “feel” for the buyer in person. Body language and facial expressions alone are a huge help.
They can see and handle the watch. No surprises or supposedly damaged Or list In Transit or it’s not a described....
Can do cash. Zelle on the spot...

Limits post sales risk.
And provides the opportunity for a pic of the new owner.


Image
Image

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34366
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Very Accommodating Seller

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:37 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Seppia wrote:
Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:45 am
Or, he can't do math like 90% of humans
Thank goodness the other 12% can.
:lol:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marjak and 97 guests