Tapatalk annoyance

Get your nerd on.
Knome
Name: Ken

Re: Tapatalk annoyance

Post by Knome » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:01 am

Weird. Something to look into on Monday I guess. In the meantime, anyone that sees ads, pls PM me your Tapatalk account name.

koda240
Hot Legs!
Name: David

Post by koda240 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:34 pm

What's up with the latest update? First off, my version wouldn't let me update the app. There wasn't an available update yet I couldn't post a pic until I got the latest. I went to the App Store and found it. I now have two tapatalk apps. No big deal as I can just delete the old one. What I'm confused about is the photo upload process. Before I could edit a photo before posting it. Now, I select the photo, choose a size and bam. That's it. No editor. Am I missing something. My old app was the dark grey and orange. This new one is white and orange. Just in case that helps with versions or something. Looking forward to some input (ahemm Ken). :)

Knome

Post by Knome » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:00 pm

The issue of ads showing up on DWC has been corrected. Something reset mysteriously settings went back to default, but I've reverted them back to no-ads for anyone browsing DWC on Tapatalk, like Matt intended.

As for the dark and light versions (app icons right?) of the app. Are you referring to Tapatalk Pro vs Free? iOS I assume?

That's the only way I think you can have 2 copies of the app on the same device as far as I know, since they are actually 2 different apps.

For the latest version, there is no more photo editor because the AVIARY photo editor was acquired by adobe and frankly the mobile version was pretty outdated. It was getting outpaced by built in photo editors in iOS and Android and we dropped it and saved a bit of bloat.

Photo uploads is being tweaked to be more set it and forget it in the current and upcoming releases. photos will be size limited so they don't cause scroll frenzy when viewed in browsers.

unixshrk
This. Truth.
Name: Chris

Post by unixshrk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Ah so that's what happened. Keeps asking me to upgrade. There is no upgrade on play store as of this second. Guess no more photos from me until I can update. Shrug. This is pro/paid on android

Knome

Post by Knome » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:00 pm

The update is the free app since Tapatalk no longer bothers with paid/free/HD/etc versions.

There is only 1 version now that has everything, well, minus the photo editor.

DWCers that used Pro PM me about ensuring your pro status carries over to the free app.

unixshrk
This. Truth.

Post by unixshrk » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:07 pm

Knome wrote:The update is the free app since Tapatalk no longer bothers with paid/free/HD/etc versions.

There is only 1 version now that has everything, well, minus the photo editor.

DWCers that used Pro PM me about ensuring your pro status carries over to the free app.
I just sent you a message.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:38 pm

I have no complaints, but a Tapatalk question please;

When I visit WUS (I know) I only go to "Participated" tab, to see activity on subjects I've contributed to. Well, sometimes that can be annoying as shit, for example; the damned "what Rolex are you wearing today?" thread is always near the top. I've grown tired of seeing all the non-Rolex shit that people post and I'd rather not see that thread at all. Is there a way to hide or block threads we don't want to see, but still use the "Participated" tab?

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Post by Terpits » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:58 pm

hoppyjr wrote:I have no complaints, but a Tapatalk question please;

When I visit WUS (I know) I only go to "Participated" tab, to see activity on subjects I've contributed to. Well, sometimes that can be annoying as shit, for example; the damned "what Rolex are you wearing today?" thread is always near the top. I've grown tired of seeing all the non-Rolex shit that people post and I'd rather not see that thread at all. Is there a way to hide or block threads we don't want to see, but still use the "Participated" tab?
^ I can't wait for when you actually have a complaint! :excited:
:rimshot:

koda240
Hot Legs!
Name: David

Post by koda240 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:59 pm

Ken, that's a huge downgrade IMO to not have a photo editor. Now I have to deal with the iOS editor and save over an image that I may not want to just to post as-is. For example, let's say I take a WRUW pic while using the restroom. I have to crop big time to remove my goods from the frame. Now, I can't crop it for a quick DWC post and I need the native file to send to my wife and a couple other girlfriend's of DWCers. See the dilemma?

I suppose I could use my other photo editing apps, but it's a pain to do all that just to post a pic.

Also, if there's no difference between paid/unpaid, etc. with the new version what will carry over with "pro status" since I had the Pro version

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Tapatalk annoyance

Post by Terpits » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:22 pm

iPhone allows you to revert back to the original after cropping.
:rimshot:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:35 pm

koda240 wrote:Ken, that's a huge downgrade IMO to not have a photo editor. Now I have to deal with the iOS editor and save over an image that I may not want to just to post as-is. For example, let's say I take a WRUW pic while using the restroom. I have to crop big time to remove my goods from the frame. Now, I can't crop it for a quick DWC post and I need the native file to send to my wife and a couple other girlfriend's of DWCers. See the dilemma?

I suppose I could use my other photo editing apps, but it's a pain to do all that just to post a pic.

Also, if there's no difference between paid/unpaid, etc. with the new version what will carry over with "pro status" since I had the Pro version
Don't worry, just sent the photo to Peter and he can photoshop a dong on you. It may be Serdal's dong, but at least you will have one in the frame. :)

unixshrk
This. Truth.

Post by unixshrk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:04 am

koda240 wrote:Ken, that's a huge downgrade IMO to not have a photo editor. Now I have to deal with the iOS editor and save over an image that I may not want to just to post as-is. For example, let's say I take a WRUW pic while using the restroom. I have to crop big time to remove my goods from the frame. Now, I can't crop it for a quick DWC post and I need the native file to send to my wife and a couple other girlfriend's of DWCers. See the dilemma?

This is probably the only forum where cropping goods is a feature consideration.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:07 am

Ok... I can't upload pictures either. Pro user on iOS, using tapatalk id jraul7.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:27 am

Joeprez wrote:Ok... I can't upload pictures either. Pro user on iOS, using tapatalk id jraul7.
Same happened to me. The Pro app is outdated. You have to download the free tapatalk app.

unixshrk
This. Truth.

Post by unixshrk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 am

Delete the pro and install the plain one Joe.

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks guys!

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:47 am

I'm still seeing ads. And have the always getting logged out issue. iOS here.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 am

I don't know why everyone is having issues. I have pro on iOS and keep it updated and have had zero issues. I do most of my posting from my phone.
:htfu:

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:52 am

matt.wu wrote:I don't know why everyone is having issues. I have pro on iOS and keep it updated and have had zero issues. I do most of my posting from my phone.
+1
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Joeprez

Post by Joeprez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:00 am

When trying to post a picture from the updated PRO version...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414519201.188246.jpg
I downloaded Tapatalk again (as recommended) and now everything is working fine (except for the picture editor which we don't have now).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:04 am

matt.wu wrote:I don't know why everyone is having issues. I have pro on iOS and keep it updated and have had zero issues. I do most of my posting from my phone.
I was fine too till the other day and got the same message as Joe.
It might not have hit you yet, but probably will soon.

Knome

Post by Knome » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:54 pm

Tapatalk Pro is a legacy app that was retired a couple months ago. It will still work for the most part but things like image hosting have been changed in the new code. Lots of forum owners we've dealt with really did not like that we were hosting uploaded images. They felt like we were stealing their forum's content when actually the service was no different than what most image hosting sites offer, except integrated into the app.

With the free version of Tapatalk utilizing a new platform and codebase, we found it was time to move to a solution that most forum owners were more comfortable with. We now worked out a partnership with imageshack and have user uploaded photos hosted by a professional image hosting service that users could have chosen to use on their own anyways.

The old pro app basically offered photo editing via the integrated Aviary photo editor, higher resolution support, and no advertising.

The free app now has all the interface changes of Pro plus way more in terms of UI tweaks, higher resolution support is now the status quo for any app out there and is standard in Tapatalk free as well.
Ad-free browsing is now a feature built into your Tapatalk login credentials, not the app itself. Users who purchased Pro automatically had their Tapatalk IDs flagged as "VIP" so they will continue to be able to browse with no ads. A few users who did not get flagged can be done so manually by yours truly, but I don't do it for many people as pretty much everyone who was entitled to VIP has been converted by now. Only Tapatalk Pro users got this. Because ad-free was a feature of Pro, and not any version that was released before it.

The iOS app should be released this week pending Apple's not so swift approval process. It will support the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus resolutions.

As for the photo editor, if we manage to find a way to integrate the respective OS's photo editors into the app gracefully that may happen down the line but I can't promise anything, please keep dongs out of frame for now in selfie pics.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Terpits wrote:
logan2z wrote:
Terpits wrote:When I upload pics of my watches on NATO, Tapatalk seems to make my watches look cheaper.
You need to turn off "reality mode"
I can't find that.

Temporary solution:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413585864.395171.jpg
Only a $20?

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:08 pm

Same here.

Knome

Post by Knome » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:45 pm

more updates on the photo editing in Tapatalk.

While we aren't going to be using 3rd party photo editors anymore, iOS 8+ and Android 4.4+ APIs have enabled us to look into integrating more with the device OS itself. With more close integration, this will allow us to use the OS's photo and video editing tools after taking a photo in the app.

So the photo editor functionality should return in some form or another in a subsequent release of Tapatalk Free