New Bremont Military LE: USAF A-10 Warthog

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
AntonioPD
Name: Tony

New Bremont Military LE: USAF A-10 Warthog

Post by AntonioPD » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Pretty cool; check out the rotary cannon rotor.
1669892_869890416355775_5407331457205476687_o.jpg
:thumbsup: :uj:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Resistance is the indicator of progress.
- Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Re: New Bremont Military LE: USAF A-10 Warthog

Post by jimyritz » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:30 pm

Cool, doesn't Bremont do a lot of these that aren't available to the public...

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Sometimes I feel like I'm on another planet. Rolex produces the gimmicky two-tone DSSD and is pilloried, yet Bremont sticks a cannon and a stupid insignia on a watch and people actually like it.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:36 pm

i like the rotor Tony!!
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:42 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:Sometimes I feel like I'm on another planet. Rolex produces the gimmicky two-tone DSSD and is pilloried, yet Bremont sticks a cannon and a stupid insignia on a watch and people actually like it.
I don't like either one, for whatever that's worth. I'm generally not a fan of limited editions that celebrate a particular event or organization (it would be different if I had a direct relationship to the event or organization in question, I imagine).

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:45 pm

love the insignia of a military unit and nice rotor, too. Love to silver/grey dial and barrel. Love the 12/6 configuration.
Love that it's not available to the general public, especially when you can find one.
One of my favorite squadron watches.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:46 pm

JBZ wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:Sometimes I feel like I'm on another planet. Rolex produces the gimmicky two-tone DSSD and is pilloried, yet Bremont sticks a cannon and a stupid insignia on a watch and people actually like it.
I don't like either one, for whatever that's worth. I'm generally not a fan of limited editions that celebrate a particular event or organization (it would be different if I had a direct relationship to the event or organization in question, I imagine).
I wouldn't want a watch with a car logo on it, and I feel the same about a military logo. Unless it is an le issued only to people at a specific unit during a specific time, then count me out.
This one is a turd cashing in on the le band wagon that Bremont is becoming known for.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:47 pm

how is bremont "cashing in" on these if they aren't available but to a small group of people??? I agree that they are turning out quite a few of these limited pieces for many military groups, but i can't see it as any kind of a cash cow especially as theres no way they are selling them at normal retail prices to the Government.

moishlashen
Name: Leu Sanis

Post by moishlashen » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
JBZ wrote:
I wouldn't want a watch with a car logo on it, and I feel the same about a military logo. Unless it is an le issued only to people at a specific unit during a specific time, then count me out.
This one is a turd cashing in on the le band wagon that Bremont is becoming known for.

I liked the P51-which symbolically represented a great achievement between US and UK innovation and manufacturing to nail WW2 closed. I think they should have stopped there with the themed LEs and Orange County Chopper type adornments for a while anyway-(IMO of course).

"I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude."

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:51 pm

i will say that the Black DLC on the rotor is a really sloppy job based on that photo...looks like it bleeds over the edges...

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:51 pm

ericf4 wrote:how is bremont "cashing in" on these if they aren't available but to a small group of people??? I agree that they are turning out quite a few of these limited pieces for many military groups, but i can't see it as any kind of a cash cow especially as theres no way they are selling them at normal retail prices to the Government.
Marketing? Brand Recognition? The fact that the guys who buy these flip them for a profit? The government isn't buying these and issuing them, at any price. It's doubly stupid, that Bremont (a UK brand) targets these to American buyers.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:52 pm

I dig it. Only available to unit members who choose to purchase. They do many of these that are never publicized.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:52 pm

i think the government IS buying them as when i tried to change the warranty on my B52 into my name (as I've done on another Bremont), Bremont told me they could not as it was purchased by the Government and not a person.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:55 pm

ericf4 wrote:i think the government IS buying them as when i tried to change the warranty on my B52 into my name (as I've done on another Bremont), Bremont told me they could not as it was purchased by the Government and now a person.
I would absolutely love to find documentation that my government is issuing luxury watches to guys in the military. Until then, this smacks of a marketing gimmick - they may, however, be giving these things away.

Could you imagine the endless supply of silly LEs that Bremont would produce if they actually had any history, providence, or achievements of their own? They make Omega look positively tactful and classy by comparison.

Machine gun rotor, coming soon to an Invicta near you

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:57 pm

hahaha...well we can simply disagree,,,,,Far cry from Invicta........Is it possible that the owners of the watches do a group purchase where their Govt group buys them, and the guys are charged after the fact or something?

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:08 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
ericf4 wrote:how is bremont "cashing in" on these if they aren't available but to a small group of people??? I agree that they are turning out quite a few of these limited pieces for many military groups, but i can't see it as any kind of a cash cow especially as theres no way they are selling them at normal retail prices to the Government.
Marketing? Brand Recognition? The fact that the guys who buy these flip them for a profit? The government isn't buying these and issuing them, at any price. It's doubly stupid, that Bremont (a UK brand) targets these to American buyers.
By your theory Rolex should only sell to the Swiss or Seiko to only Japanese and no one else. And yes, they do sell to other nation's military units that want them. These units want these watches, Bremont is not forcing them on the units that request them, same as Omega didn't force the X-33's on the F-15's squadrons back in the day. If there is a market for something then a manufacturer should meet the demand be it watches or widgets.

Just like anything else, those who like something will buy it and those who don't won't.

4pfrench
Name: Paul

Post by 4pfrench » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 pm

moishlashen wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
JBZ wrote:

I liked the P51-which symbolically represented a great achievement between US and UK innovation and manufacturing to nail WW2 closed. I think they should have stopped there with the themed LEs and Orange County Chopper type adornments for a while anyway-(IMO of course).

:roll:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:16 pm

I love Wu's old P-51 and Eric's B-52 but this one is bland. It's just a cool logo printed on the dial.
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:27 pm

ericf4 wrote:hahaha...well we can simply disagree,,,,,Far cry from Invicta........Is it possible that the owners of the watches do a group purchase where their Govt group buys them, and the guys are charged after the fact or something?
The government doesn't buy them. Units contact Bremont, agree to purchase a minimum number, the members use their own money to buy them and then Bremont builds them.
Breitling has a similar program, but it isn't nearly as popular. I know this because I had a patient who organized watches from Bremont and Breitling for 2 of his squadrons.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:38 pm

rockmastermike wrote:
JP Chestnut wrote:
By your theory Rolex should only sell to the Swiss or Seiko to only Japanese and no one else. And yes, they do sell to other nation's military units that want them. These units want these watches, Bremont is not forcing them on the units that request them, same as Omega didn't force the X-33's on the F-15's squadrons back in the day. If there is a market for something then a manufacturer should meet the demand be it watches or widgets.

Just like anything else, those who like something will buy it and those who don't won't.
Not really. Bremont is trying to buy an identity with these stupid watches, and they're doing it here because they think (correctly it seems), that America consumers will fall for it. Bremont produces nice watches under a cookie cutter MBA marketing strategy.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:39 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:hahaha...well we can simply disagree,,,,,Far cry from Invicta........Is it possible that the owners of the watches do a group purchase where their Govt group buys them, and the guys are charged after the fact or something?
The government doesn't buy them. Units contact Bremont, agree to purchase a minimum number, the members use their own money to buy them and then Bremont builds them.
Breitling has a similar program, but it isn't nearly as popular. I know this because I had a patient who organized watches from Bremont and Breitling for 2 of his squadrons.
I'm not sure how everyone doesn't already know this :thumbsup:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:39 pm

Which one pissed in your Wheaties? Nick or Giles?? :)

AntonioPD

Post by AntonioPD » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:39 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
JBZ wrote:
This is a military LE, available - in this case - only to Warthog pilots.

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:41 pm

NASA still issues four watches for in-flight mission requirements. They are the Omega Speedmaster Professional, Omega Speedmaster Professional X-33 (also used by USAF), a Casio G-shock, and a Timex Datalink, the models I don't know.
only accurate watches are interesting

AntonioPD

Post by AntonioPD » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:42 pm

By my count Eric (according to Bremont's Military FB page) this is the 17th military LE this year. I agree that this probably isn't a big money maker for Bremont (though I'm sure they're making Sterling even at the lower margin) but it definitely deepens the brand's reputation. As far as I can tell these military squadrons/units seek Bremont out to make these LEs, not the other way round.

:uj: