Mike Has Converted Me to His Vintage Sloppy Seconds

Discussion of Doxa watches.
RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:46 am

I have been through a lot of Doxas and had pretty much settled on the circa 2004-2007 600t and 750t as my favorites after trying a number of newer 1000t/1200ts and even a 300t reissue. I bought a 300t Sharkhunter from Mike last year and for whatever reason it did not do it for me, but after slowly reducing the Doxa 600ts (from 4 at one time earlier this year) I jumped when Mike sold his 300t Searambler and then more recently jumped again when he sold his 300t Pro to fund the 300t Blacklung. Lured in at first because of Mike's pictures in his flower planter :shrug: , I think I have finally come around to the 300t size, especially on a Nato. Tried the SR on my 600t bracelet and it definitely worked, but was still fairly heavy at about 170 grams so it always went back to the Nato.

I was lukewarm at best on the vintage BOR bracelet that he sent with the SR and sold it, but the 300t pro came with an expandro BOR and soI decided to give the expandro BOR another chance. After some work sizing it, I used my 600t endlinks for a tighter fit and I finally get it. I lose about 40 grams from using the 600t bracelet and now I have a fairly big, heavy watch that weighs 129 grams on bracelet, which is right in my wheelhouse for work.

So, for now I think I will go with the 300t Pro on Nato and the 300t SR on the expandro BOR. And I have to say that I find myself grabbing these a lot these days due to the combo of vintage and comfort.

Rob

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Re: Mike Has Converted Me to His Vintage Sloppy Seconds

Post by demer03 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:58 am

Cool bud. I'm at a nice place too....oddly with a SR and Pro as well.

Weird.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 am

The odds are that if it is a vintage Doxa, it has Mike's DNA on it!

Looks great!

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:10 am

Two great vintage Doxas. Such cool watches.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:56 am

andrema wrote:The odds are that if it is a vintage Doxa, it has Mike's DNA on it!

Looks great!
he loves them that much, huh?

Sent via messenger pigeon.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Post by BSears » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:01 pm

If anybody ever wants to unload a Doxa 300T SR, just drop me a line. Odds are, one of you f'ers will do it eventually. :lol:
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Heck I bet those OG's have been handled less than the modern asian versions in a factory.

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:15 pm

DOXA is SWISS MADE, Walca Switzerland manufactured some of the recent DOXA cases, Walca Far East manufactures only NON Swiss Made brands. Walca Switzerland is the largest private label manufacturer in Switzerland today and manufactures cases for a few hundred other Swiss brands, among them some creme de la creme of the traditional Swiss brands.

DOXA has posted this information many times before, and here again, if a watch brand messes with the "SWISS MADE" label policy, they are banned from using the label forever. Can someone please point DOXA or the FHS (Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH - Homepage) to a company that ever broke the policy.

Thank you
DOXA watches inc.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:17 pm

demer03 wrote:DOXA is SWISS MADE, Walca Switzerland manufactured some of the recent DOXA cases, Walca Far East manufactures only NON Swiss Made brands. Walca Switzerland is the largest private label manufacturer in Switzerland today and manufactures cases for a few hundred other Swiss brands, among them some creme de la creme of the traditional Swiss brands.

DOXA has posted this information many times before, and here again, if a watch brand messes with the "SWISS MADE" label policy, they are banned from using the label forever. Can someone please point DOXA or the FHS (Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH - Homepage) to a company that ever broke the policy.

Thank you
DOXA watches inc.
So are you going to mod my post now officer??? :policered:

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:18 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
demer03 wrote:DOXA is SWISS MADE, Walca Switzerland manufactured some of the recent DOXA cases, Walca Far East manufactures only NON Swiss Made brands. Walca Switzerland is the largest private label manufacturer in Switzerland today and manufactures cases for a few hundred other Swiss brands, among them some creme de la creme of the traditional Swiss brands.

Thank you
DOXA watches inc.
And the appropriate sub-forum ban? :excited:

demer03

Post by demer03 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:19 pm

toxicavenger wrote:

Thank you
DOXA watches inc.
:roll:

Bite me Terry :grin:

Lush
Name: Ron

Post by Lush » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Me thinks all of us vintage Doxa whores are whoring out our pieces here, where`s my cut.... :bootyshake: