I’m digging the new black alpinist...

Discussion of Seiko watches
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Re: I’m digging the new black alpinist...

Post by Joeprez » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:41 am

sierra11b wrote:I owned the SARB017 for all of two hours. Was not impressed with the color.

They nailed it with this one and the bracelet completes the package quite nice! Size is perfect on my 7.5" wrist. It's the perfect Exp1 alternative IMHO.

Cyclops is quite small. I actually don't mind it at all as it doesn't scream "look at my Rolex" as much as it is practical.

Time is currently on the second so fingers crossed it stays that way or even goes a bit fast as I hate a slow watch. :pray:
This is a seriously awesome piece. If I wasn’t trying to cut down the amount of watches I own, I would buy one right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

sierra11b
Name: Eric

Post by sierra11b » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:32 pm

So my 6R35 is +4sec over the last 4 days of ownership, making it +1 a day average. On the first 24hrs I noticed it was +3sec on that day alone. Not sure why?

I’ve been wearing it non-stop with the exception of overnight sleep. I’ve been putting it in the dresser at the end of the day with the dial up.

Could be incredibly lucky or +25,-21,+29,-29? Of course this will mean my Capt. Willard will be a nightmare.

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:51 am

Last observations after a week of straight wear

Timing is +5 day.

Been awhile since I’ve had a sarb017 and maybe it’s just the new anti-reflective coating, but the fit and finish on the watch may as well be a smooth bezel date just. Definitely seems like an improvement in QC and finish. Total win at the $680 I paid (w/tax).

CarloDWC
Name: Carlo

Post by CarloDWC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:06 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:51 am

Timing is +5 day.

Been awhile since I’ve had a sarb017 and maybe it’s just the new anti-reflective coating, but the fit and finish on the watch may as well be a smooth bezel date just. Definitely seems like an improvement in QC and finish. Total win at the $680 I paid (w/tax).
Cool. Thank you for the update. Any pics?

Also is this a little larger then the original SARB?

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm

CarloDWC wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:06 pm
sierra11b wrote:

Timing is +5 day.

Just the ones I posted about five posts ago.

It’s the same size but supposedly a hair thicker due to the display back. I can’t tell any size difference

CarloDWC
Name: Carlo

Post by CarloDWC » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:29 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm
CarloDWC wrote:
sierra11b wrote:

Timing is +5 day.

It’s the same size but supposedly a hair thicker due to the display back. I can’t tell any size difference
Ah... you use imgur which I cannot see... somehow it is blocked so I can't see the pics. Oh well... :shrug:

thank you for the data on the size. For some reason I thought it was a mm wider, but looking at different posts it shows 39.5mm which seems to be the same as the old one. :grin:

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:40 pm

CarloDWC wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:29 pm
sierra11b wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:42 pm
CarloDWC wrote:
sierra11b wrote:

Timing is +5 day.

Ah... you use imgur which I cannot see... somehow it is blocked so I can't see the pics. Oh well... :shrug:

thank you for the data on the size. For some reason I thought it was a mm wider, but looking at different posts it shows 39.5mm which seems to be the same as the old one. :grin:
What if you log out?