Bluetooth Speakers

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
dukerules

Re: Bluetooth Speakers

Post by dukerules » Mon May 18, 2020 7:06 am

You can also buy a cheap BT adapter and stream audio from your phone/computer/other device to your standard audio setup. Works great for home use.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon May 18, 2020 11:17 am

HapaHapa wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 11:23 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 3:26 pm
we bought a refurbished jbl off ebay for $15 for the vw and it works decent
I run a cable between my phone and a dashboard jack in the Acura. The 2008 model just missed the Bluetooth generation of vehicles.
Do you have any issues switching from wireless headphones to that JBL and back? I have to turn off my laptop Bluetooth to swap from the laptop to my phone. The laptop won’t “ let go”.
That’s odd. My 2004 Acura TL had Bluetooth.
Are you saying that your TL would play audio from your phone? Our 2008 RDX’s have Bluetooth for cellphone calls but our phones weren’t on the supported list. There’s no stereo integration in that connection, but I guess if the phone is connected then sound is sound.
Maybe our current phones are supported. I haven’t tried because I cannot multitask when one of those tasks is driving. I just get the music rolling and leave it be while I drive.
Maybe? I sold that car in 2008, so maybe I misremember. It definitely had Bluetooth, but maybe it was only for calls.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Mon May 18, 2020 4:38 pm

dukerules wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 7:06 am
You can also buy a cheap BT adapter and stream audio from your phone/computer/other device to your standard audio setup. Works great for home use.
Is there one available for car audio as well?

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon May 18, 2020 4:44 pm

amckiwi wrote:
dukerules wrote:
My police car is a little older, so it doesn’t have Bluetooth like the new ones. I use one of these for music and phone calls. It sounds amazing considering it uses an FM frequency.

David St. Hubbins

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Mon May 18, 2020 5:00 pm

amckiwi wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 4:38 pm
dukerules wrote:
I tried one of those in the car and sound quality was less than acceptable. Lost a lot of high end. I'm sure having the antenna mounted in the rear end of the roof didn't help.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon May 18, 2020 6:42 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
amckiwi wrote:
dukerules wrote:
I tried one of those in the car and sound quality was less than acceptable. Lost a lot of high end. I'm sure having the antenna mounted in the rear end of the roof didn't help.
Recently? I had one years ago that was awful. This one sounds really good, especially when you consider that o had no other real option.
David St. Hubbins

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Mon May 18, 2020 9:07 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 6:42 pm
HapaHapa wrote:
amckiwi wrote:
dukerules wrote:
Recently? I had one years ago that was awful. This one sounds really good, especially when you consider that o had no other real option.
Yes. Maybe a year ago. Perhaps I chose the wrong one. This is the Amazon description.
Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car, (Rotating Design) Wireless Bluetooth FM Radio Adapter Car Kit with Hands-Free Calling, 5V/2.4A&2.4 Concealled Dual USB Charging Ports. (Black)
The Hapa

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon May 18, 2020 11:21 pm

Maybe it depends on available frequencies near you. I’m super happy with the one I posted. For $25 at Amazon I couldn’t be happier.
David St. Hubbins

gamecock111
Name: Doug

Post by gamecock111 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:16 am

Honeybadger wrote:I’ve had the Wonderboom from Ultimate Ears for about 3 years now. Small with big sound, travel friendly, 10 h battery life, waterproof, and floats. Had it on the beach, camping trips, clipped to a golf cart. Kids have thrown it across the room into the wall. Still works great. Been meaning to grab another, apparently you can easily pair 2 of them together. There’s a new model out that has a slightly longer battery life and gets a little louder.

https://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-WO ... oom&sr=8-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1. We had a couple of these for several years. Good sound, and even better when you pair a pair. Water proof and good battery life. They get abused at beach and pools

TLgdeL
Name: Gee Deez

Post by TLgdeL » Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 am

Picked up a Charge 4 recently to replace an older jambox. Sounds great while working in the yard, and using it for outdoor movie nights.Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Image Image

BlueSky
Name: David

Post by BlueSky » Mon May 25, 2020 2:16 pm

TLgdeL wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:40 am
Picked up a Charge 4 recently to replace an older jambox. Sounds great while working in the yard, and using it for outdoor movie nights.Image

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Good deal...I was going to say if you need a "bigger" sound, definitely consider a larger speaker. I was all about the small physical size with my Flip purchase.