Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: Lockdown Survival - what are you doing?

Post by Chocodove » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:22 am

raf42 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:48 am
fastward wrote:
I also picked up a few masks from RZMask. Tested to block 99.9%.
Getting them is a crap shoot. They release inventory every day.
Thanks for the heads up on these. I scored some this morning, now sold out. I like the fact they they are reusable and the filters last a while. Once I start commuting to NYC again (whenever that may be) these will be perfect.
+1 on the Thanks!

Scored two black mesh RZ'z this am that were then sold out seconds later. Only ones we had were some cheap painting masks which I've been using for grocery shopping (which actually might be worse than no mask as they seemed to push everything up towards my eyes as a walked around). Will be nice to have a real mask.
I scoured the internet last night and I found one firefighter supply store in Minnesota that was willing to take a back order on the mesh, but it could be 60-90 days before I see those. Glad I was obsessively checking the regular website after I saw the post about them.

We have a few N95’s, but I hate throwing them out when all I’ve done was go to the store for a half hour.
- Todd

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:27 am

AZpops wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:25 pm
59yukon01 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:23 pm
Needed some essentials from Home Depot so to keep the wife happy I had to wear it. ImageImage
I wore mine yesterday, an I found out, .... IT DON'T WORK WELL, WHEN YOU WEAR GLASSES! Dang glasses fogged up. Had to wear my glasses kind of away from my face so I could do one important thing, SEE, where the F I'm going! ... :lol:
:lol:

You have to pinch the bendable metal bridge across the top of the surgical mask to conform to the shape of your nose bridge and part of your face. Then wear your glasses in front of this part of the mask.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:51 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:27 am
AZpops wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:
Needed some essentials from Home Depot so to keep the wife happy I had to wear it. ImageImage
I wore mine yesterday, an I found out, .... IT DON'T WORK WELL, WHEN YOU WEAR GLASSES! Dang glasses fogged up. Had to wear my glasses kind of away from my face so I could do one important thing, SEE, where the F I'm going! ... :lol:

You have to pinch the bendable metal bridge across the top of the surgical mask to conform to the shape of your nose bridge and part of your face. Then wear your glasses in front of this part of the mask.

I would, but it don't got no metal bridge! ... :lol: ... I guess I'll pick up one of those non fogging wipes, or sprays for my glasses. Huh, gots to go to the store again. ... :tap: ... :lol:
Lance

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:54 am

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:27 am

Well since my department has locked up the PPE (whole other story), especially the antibacterial gel, I decided to take some initiative for my squad. I found these at Walmart yesterday. 6 packs of wipes. They are not alcohol based but they are now. Image

I was able to score a decent amount of 91 percent alcohol. So I took each pack of wipes and soaked them with the alcohol. Going to hand them out tomorrow morning. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:20 pm

IMG_8818.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 pm

AZpops wrote:
Axelay2003 wrote:
AZpops wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:

I would, but it don't got no metal bridge! ... :lol: ... I guess I'll pick up one of those non fogging wipes, or sprays for my glasses. Huh, gots to go to the store again. ... :tap: ... :lol:
Surgical / medical tape across the bridge of your nose will help prevent fogging.

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:05 pm

raf42 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
fastward wrote:
Thanks for the heads up on these. I scored some this morning, now sold out. I like the fact they they are reusable and the filters last a while. Once I start commuting to NYC again (whenever that may be) these will be perfect.
+1 on the Thanks!

Scored two black mesh RZ'z this am that were then sold out seconds later. Only ones we had were some cheap painting masks which I've been using for grocery shopping (which actually might be worse than no mask as they seemed to push everything up towards my eyes as a walked around). Will be nice to have a real mask.
Thumbs up.

Keep checking the website daily. They release a limited number of masks almost everyday.
I ordered a few more for my wife and daughter from Rickshaw Bagworks and got two from Birdwell Britches for my son and I.
I figure that this will be the new normal for an extended period of time.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:24 pm

fastward wrote:
raf42 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
fastward wrote:
+1 on the Thanks!

Thumbs up.

Keep checking the website daily. They release a limited number of masks almost everyday.
I ordered a few more for my wife and daughter from Rickshaw Bagworks and got two from Birdwell Britches for my son and I.
I’ve been looking at the site since you posted ; any time of day they release them?

When I picked my kids up this weekend from my parents house (they had to watch the big ones during the little ones surgery), I saw a box from the company. My dad says he got some back in February when he started hearing about it. And everyone was telling him how he’s overreacting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:08 pm

BBK357 wrote:
fastward wrote:
raf42 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
fastward wrote:
+1 on the Thanks!

Thumbs up.

I’ve been looking at the site since you posted ; any time of day they release them?

When I picked my kids up this weekend from my parents house (they had to watch the big ones during the little ones surgery), I saw a box from the company. My dad says he got some back in February when he started hearing about it. And everyone was telling him how he’s overreacting...

I got mine around 930am EST. No idea if it’s the same every day.
- Todd

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:29 pm

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:39 pm

hobbit712 wrote:Well since my department has locked up the PPE (whole other story), especially the antibacterial gel, I decided to take some initiative for my squad. I found these at Walmart yesterday. 6 packs of wipes. They are not alcohol based but they are now. Image

I was able to score a decent amount of 91 percent alcohol. So I took each pack of wipes and soaked them with the alcohol. Going to hand them out tomorrow morning. Image

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

If you aren’t specific with instructions, you’re going to have a bunch of drunk a$$holes around you!
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:08 pm

fastward wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:03 pm
AZpops wrote:
Axelay2003 wrote:
AZpops wrote:
59yukon01 wrote:

Surgical / medical tape across the bridge of your nose will help prevent fogging.
Thanks!
Lance

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:31 pm

BBK357 wrote:
fastward wrote:
raf42 wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
fastward wrote:
+1 on the Thanks!

Thumbs up.

I usually check around 11-2.

Ruggs
Name: Andrew

Post by Ruggs » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:04 pm

One of the Houston pilots doing her part.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:13 pm

Ruggs wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:45 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehcUgB8RkKo
Ha! B!!

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 am

RZ just released more today.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:27 pm

fastward wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:49 am
RZ just released more today.
Thank you for the tip on these, guys. I just grabbed two for my family.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Brought my Concept 2 Rower out of storage and started rowing daily. Not sure why I haven’t done this sooner.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:20 pm

fastward
Fast Eddie

Post by fastward » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:26 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Brought my Concept 2 Rower out of storage and started rowing daily. Not sure why I haven’t done this sooner.
Did you also break out the mankini?

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:02 pm

Some stuff since Thursday night.

I’ve lost a bunch of weight since Oct-19. Adjusting my black gun belt:

ImageImage

Got some of those SA Company face shields (haven’t been able to get proper masks... better than nothing):

ImageImage

Still with the Lego Porsche (really cool build):

ImageImageImageImage

Changed the tube and FINALLY went for a ride today. Saw a couple of cool cars:

ImageImageImageImage

And we’re camping in the family room tonight:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:52 pm

hoppyjr wrote:Brought my Concept 2 Rower out of storage and started rowing daily. Not sure why I haven’t done this sooner.
You could make a nice profit if you sold that right now.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:02 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
You could make a nice profit if you sold that right now.
I’d buy it
:htfu: