Anyone buying the titanium square?

Discussion of G-Shocks and related digital watches.
User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:49 am

Image

It’s DLC’ed titanium on a bracelet and a sapphire crystal for $1,600. Looks sweet but I don’t know about that price. I do want it.
https://www.g-central.com/gmw-b5000-tit ... ck+Blog%29

User avatar
r.palace
Posts: 7202
Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:36 pm
Location: Tray-O-Five

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by r.palace » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:46 am

Looks good but I just won’t spend that much on a G :shrug:

Shit, I had to really convince myself to spend over $300 on my metal G
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

User avatar
hidden by leaves
Posts: 2011
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am
Name: Anthony
Location: Great White North

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 am

Looks just like my 5610!!! Kinda wish they'd just let the titanium look like titanium...
Send lawyers, guns and money...

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45720
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:18 am

no way

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:20 am

hidden by leaves wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 am
Looks just like my 5610!!! Kinda wish they'd just let the titanium look like titanium...
That was my thought too. The stainless steel versions are great for that reason alone, they stand out as metal.

User avatar
hidden by leaves
Posts: 2011
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:09 am
Name: Anthony
Location: Great White North

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by hidden by leaves » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:22 am

Torrid wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:20 am
hidden by leaves wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 am
Looks just like my 5610!!! Kinda wish they'd just let the titanium look like titanium...
That was my thought too. The stainless steel versions are great for that reason alone, they stand out as metal.
Fully agree.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34528
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 am

Best G’s are resin case screw backs. OG.

User avatar
Captdave
Posts: 4255
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:15 pm
Name: Dave
Location: To be determined

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Captdave » Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:10 am

hoppyjr wrote:Best G’s are resin case screw backs. OG.
Agreed!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

User avatar
59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Posts: 8540
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:49 am
Name: David
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by 59yukon01 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:42 am

While I like the look of these, but $1600?…........WTF!

User avatar
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Posts: 4974
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:03 pm
Name: Don

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 am

Crazy. I love the stainless ones but I had a hard time with the $500 price tag. $1600 is a no go for me unless I could sell for $2200 and make some coin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 32713
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:33 am

That’s a hard no.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:47 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:48 am
Crazy. I love the stainless ones but I had a hard time with the $500 price tag. $1600 is a no go for me unless I could sell for $2200 and make some coin.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s the speculation right now. $1600 I’d a hard pill to swallow. If I knew for sure I could make money off of it I’d buy it to try it out. I’d definitely be a buyer around $800. I personally think for $500 the stainless is great. I just bought the SS from Topper and already have the gold. I got mine around $400 each new.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:45 pm

Just saw the preorder for this one. $500 to hold it, the rest totaling $1,550 when available.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 am
Looks just like my 5610!!! Kinda wish they'd just let the titanium look like titanium...
The more I look at it the more I think that’s what they were going for. I have a feeling it’s going to sell out quick.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16566
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am

DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am
DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.
Yeah I don’t know about trusting coatings. At least scratches in titanium and stainless steel blend in.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 16566
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ithaca, NY USA

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:54 am

Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am
DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.
Yeah I don’t know about trusting coatings. At least scratches in titanium and stainless steel blend in.
And if you scratch black plastic... it’s still black plastic underneath.

This watch is dumb.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:54 am
Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am
DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.
Yeah I don’t know about trusting coatings. At least scratches in titanium and stainless steel blend in.
And if you scratch black plastic... it’s still black plastic underneath.

This watch is dumb.
I kind of wonder about the gold model. I’m wearing mine now but it is some form of PVD. It’s solid but I wonder how it might look in a few years. The standard SS model will be delivered to me today. Might be the one I should have bought in the first place.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45720
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 am

Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:54 am
Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am
DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.
Yeah I don’t know about trusting coatings. At least scratches in titanium and stainless steel blend in.
And if you scratch black plastic... it’s still black plastic underneath.

This watch is dumb.
I kind of wonder about the gold model. I’m wearing mine now but it is some form of PVD. It’s solid but I wonder how it might look in a few years. The standard SS model will be delivered to me today. Might be the one I should have bought in the first place.
it might be like chrome plating. kind of like diashield.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:30 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:37 am
Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:04 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:54 am
Torrid wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:49 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am
DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.
Yeah I don’t know about trusting coatings. At least scratches in titanium and stainless steel blend in.
And if you scratch black plastic... it’s still black plastic underneath.

This watch is dumb.
I kind of wonder about the gold model. I’m wearing mine now but it is some form of PVD. It’s solid but I wonder how it might look in a few years. The standard SS model will be delivered to me today. Might be the one I should have bought in the first place.
it might be like chrome plating. kind of like diashield.
Might be. I do know the stainless is regular uncoated. I’ve seen a few rebrushed and even one bead blasted. Whatever the process is on the gold is tough, it’s holding up nicely.

User avatar
apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Posts: 1551
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:37 pm
Name: Juan
Location: Idaho

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by apnk » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:04 pm

I wish they'd add a sapphire crystal, but I'll stick to my regular metal cased 5600
Edit: Wait they have a sapphire crystal with non-reflective inside coating

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 6218
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by Torrid » Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:22 pm

apnk wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:04 pm
I wish they'd add a sapphire crystal, but I'll stick to my regular metal cased 5600
Edit: Wait they have a sapphire crystal with non-reflective inside coating
I’m glad it exists but it’s a big overkill. Sapphire would be nice to add to the steel models, but as it stands the steel models are nearly the perfect square. These are great.

Image

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 5388
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Calunicornia

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by sierra11b » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Agreed. Steel on bracelet is still where it’s at.

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 5388
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Calunicornia

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by sierra11b » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:54 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 am
DLC coating isn’t a value add ever. It just ends up scratched and shitty looking.
I often wonder if it’s true DLC? I’ve seen DLC coated firearms that look new after years of abuse.

User avatar
FireMonk3y
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:52 pm

Re: Anyone buying the titanium square?

Post by FireMonk3y » Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:53 pm

I was looking at the titanium camo version and ran across a killer deal. Had just sold a few vintage Seiko’s so had some funds in the PP account. Ended up picking it up and hopefully will have it this week. Got it about 25% off so should be an easy flip if I decide I don’t like it. I’ll post pictures here when in comes in.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests