Delma Diver Watch ID and parts

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Delma Diver
Name: Craig MacGregor

Delma Diver Watch ID and parts

Post by Delma Diver » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:07 pm

I own a Delma 17 jewel incabloc diver mid 70s maybe. Brownish sunburst face, red second hand with SS bracelet. Im in the process of restoring and need a case back. I dont really know much about the watch except it was owned by a watch enthusiast who passed away. She had many valuable watches in need of repair. Im awaiting its arrival by mail. Hoping it can be repaired/restored or at least cleaned!.
Any information or guidance is appreciated. Denise and Craig
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Delma Diver Watch ID and parts

Post by River Rat » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:11 am

Never buy a vintage watch missing major parts like a case back or bezel ring unless it’s a major brand like Omega were they still have some vintage parts. I been collecting vintage watches a very long time only saw one Delma diver watch for sale at a NAWCC mart and it was quartz but was cool it was full kit with leather pouch with a couple of different cases with different strap options were you pop the main part of the watch out and pop it into the other case option with out tools. I once had a vintage Doxa 300T missing bezel ring could never find one so gave up and sold it as a parts watch. So I never buy any vintage watches missing major parts like a case back. Tell me the last time you saw a Delma diver. Best thing is look for a donor another fixer upper Delma diver same as yours for parts that’s got a replacement case back you need and maybe with some movement parts . Wish you some luck.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:52 am

Welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:37 am

What Mike (River Rat) said. Almost impossible to find major parts, especially case backs for off brand vintage watches. I would keep an eye on ebay on the off chance that you may find a parts watch. Good luck.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin