Seriously...come on

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
CGSshorty
Admin

Re: Seriously...come on

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am

Ryeguy wrote:I’m holding out for Ford to release the new Bronco.
Next year?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:31 am

goaliechris wrote:Do they still make Rubicons? Don’t see it as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Disregard- found it. Terrible browser

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 am

goaliechris wrote:
goaliechris wrote:Do they still make Rubicons? Don’t see it as an option.

Disregard- found it. Terrible browser

The Jeep site is terrible.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Bronco 1 reissue would be awesome

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am
Next year?
I’m very hopeful. The concept renderings have been hot.

If I’m going to get a not very practical mid life crisis rig, a Bronco retro release could be the one.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 pm

Hahaha. I’m holding out for our cars to last another 10 years. I can’t decide what I’d buy if I was forced to choose.
The Hapa

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:09 am

The luxury market for cars hasn’t gone up, IMO, as much as the standard manufacturers. BMW X3 priced around 50k, moderately equipped. Or get a rubicon for 60k. Again, different buyers but I don’t think many of the luxury brands have gone up quite as bad as the standard.

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 am

I drove by a Jeep dealer the other day and saw a Gladiator on the lot. Cool as hell. So when I got home I looked it up on their site and it was almost $65K. WTF!!!??? I remember when you could buy a new Wrangler for $15K.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:47 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:24 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:29 am
Next year?
I’m very hopeful. The concept renderings have been hot.

If I’m going to get a not very practical mid life crisis rig, a Bronco retro release could be the one.
Unfortunately those hot concept renderings weren't actually produced by Ford, but created by fans.....

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:13 am
I’m holding out for Ford to release the new Bronco.
I've been waiting over 10 years since those rumor started floating around. I think the new one is going to be a huge disappointment, sorta like the new Chevy Blazer. I am also waiting to see how the new Defender turns out as well.

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 am

jswing wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 am
I drove by a Jeep dealer the other day and saw a Gladiator on the lot. Cool as hell. So when I got home I looked it up on their site and it was almost $65K. WTF!!!??? I remember when you could buy a new Wrangler for $15K.
When I graduated college in ‘89, the Jeep dealer in Kalamazoo was selling brand new Wranglers for $9,995. Four-banger, soft top, manual and no AC, but damn.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am

demer03 wrote:When I graduated college in ‘89....

Lolz

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am

jswing wrote:I drove by a Jeep dealer the other day and saw a Gladiator on the lot. Cool as hell. So when I got home I looked it up on their site and it was almost $65K. WTF!!!??? I remember when you could buy a new Wrangler for $15K.

American made.
American mis-managed.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

jswing

Post by jswing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:33 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am
jswing wrote:I drove by a Jeep dealer the other day and saw a Gladiator on the lot. Cool as hell. So when I got home I looked it up on their site and it was almost $65K. WTF!!!??? I remember when you could buy a new Wrangler for $15K.

American made.
American mis-managed.
I actually had to look that up, because any more it seems like American cars aren't necessarily made in the US, but the Wrangler is in fact made here and 74% of the parts are American. So there's that. I get that US made products cost more, in large part because our workers are paid better, but $65K?? Sure, they're a different vehicle today than they were in the 80s, but still, that's just nuts. I've kind of sort looked at SUVs/trucks recently, including the Jeep, because my old GMC truck is getting long in the tooth, but whenever I look at what they cost now I decide to just run it into the ground.

jswing

Post by jswing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:36 pm

demer03 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:44 am
jswing wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:19 am
When I graduated college in ‘89, the Jeep dealer in Kalamazoo was selling brand new Wranglers for $9,995. Four-banger, soft top, manual and no AC, but damn.
I don't remember them that cheap, but I believe it. Now it's become almost a G-Wagon wannabe.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm

unsub073 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:14 am
Ryeguy wrote:
I've been waiting over 10 years since those rumor started floating around. I think the new one is going to be a huge disappointment, sorta like the new Chevy Blazer. I am also waiting to see how the new Defender turns out as well.
Supposedly GM is moving forward with a GMC Jimmy redeux, and unlike the Blazer this one will be a truck based body on frame SUV with a diesel option.

jswing

Post by jswing » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:23 pm

dnslater wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 pm
unsub073 wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
Supposedly GM is moving forward with a GMC Jimmy redeux, and unlike the Blazer this one will be a truck based body on frame SUV with a diesel option.

Now that looks interesting!

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:23 pm

jswing wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:24 am

American made.
American mis-managed.
I actually had to look that up, because any more it seems like American cars aren't necessarily made in the US, but the Wrangler is in fact made here and 74% of the parts are American. So there's that. I get that US made products cost more, in large part because our workers are paid better, but $65K?? Sure, they're a different vehicle today than they were in the 80s, but still, that's just nuts. I've kind of sort looked at SUVs/trucks recently, including the Jeep, because my old GMC truck is getting long in the tooth, but whenever I look at what they cost now I decide to just run it into the ground.

Well, for starters fiat/Chrysler hired Christian Meunier as their global Jeep president and he makes about 50million/year. That doesn’t include all of the other over paid execs..
DEATH FROM ABOVE

sierra11b

Post by sierra11b » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:33 pm

I went and looked at one those fully loaded Tacomas in the matte grey and matte orange colors while my '11 5 spd tacoma was getting serviced. Good looking trucks.

$52-55K IRRC or around that.

Does everyone sell drugs while UBER/LYFT as their second full time gig these days? I can see spending a mini fortune for a fully loaded full size truck as a business expense as a farmer or construction worker, but who has that kind of money for a goddamn v6 mid-size truck?

Saw some nice used Tacomas for ~$30K with <30k miles, which is more my flavor, but even then! I might be in Kia territory next purchase.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:47 pm

I really want a wrx sti and those are an unreasonable $43,000 with all the good options. I just can’t pay that for a car. These jeeps are just crazy.

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:13 pm

dnslater wrote:
unsub073 wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:

I like that, but then again I'm a GMC guy. If the dash/cockpit is even half as good as the Yukon I can see this as a very good seller.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Anyone considering a Jeep should really take a look at Dave Smith Jeep in Kellogg, Idaho.

I wanted an off-road worthy Grand Cherokee, but I didn’t care for the air suspension, leather, or silly trim stuff that has no real value. My research confirmed that the Laredo E model could be had with an off-road all-weather group that provided the functional and protective bits, including the better transfer case. I absolutely did not want a sunroof.

MSRP was $38k. I was about $28k after rebates. I left happy and highly recommend the dealer. I love the Jeep.

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Buying a working truck with good off-road ability is not that expensive...but for a fashion item like the Gladiator you pay the earth.

There is a seemingly endless supply of aspirational buyers for fashionable products that hammers the price. Step outside of those narrow lines and things become reasonable.

HapaHapa

Post by HapaHapa » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:12 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm
Anyone considering a Jeep should really take a look at Dave Smith Jeep in Kellogg, Idaho.

I wanted an off-road worthy Grand Cherokee, but I didn’t care for the air suspension, leather, or silly trim stuff that has no real value. My research confirmed that the Laredo E model could be had with an off-road all-weather group that provided the functional and protective bits, including the better transfer case. I absolutely did not want a sunroof.

MSRP was $38k. I was about $28k after rebates. I left happy and highly recommend the dealer. I love the Jeep.
There’s a lot of national parks I could hit on the way back to Los Angeles. Actually not a bad idea.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:20 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm

There’s a lot of national parks I could hit on the way back to Los Angeles. Actually not a bad idea.
They’ll pick you up at Spokane airport and feed you BBQ burgers & dogs as you do the paperwork. A good experience.