Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
YOHOHO
Dirty Closet Hinderer Whore
Name: Josh

Re: Cray cray Rolex/Tudor story, I would be pissed also

Post by YOHOHO » Fri May 31, 2019 11:31 am

Wow. I'm petty, but my goal in life would be to cost my AD business if he didn't try to make this right.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Fri May 31, 2019 2:32 pm

All I take away from this thread is the title. Every time I try to say “cray cray” my girl looks at me and says, please stop, you can not pull that off.

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm

I was actually going to comment on the gay thread title until I saw terry started it. Then it all made sense.

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 pm

logan2z wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:04 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:44 am
BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:43 am
so what happens to it? Evidence lock up like the police do?
No. It gets sold on the forums at some price above whatever Rolex charges.
:grin:
DSW :mrgreen:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm
I was actually going to comment on the gay thread title until I saw terry started it. Then it all made sense.

you said I looked pretty in that skirt!!! :gayumbrella:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 3:13 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:10 pm
BBK357 wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 2:59 pm

you said I looked pretty in that skirt!!! :gayumbrella:
He tells that to all the trannies.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm

no two ways about it is a fucked up story. rolex is being dics about it.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm
For sure, but this guy doesn’t seem too savvy - which is fine since we’ve all been there. However, I think the outcome could have been rather different had he been a little smarter about it, which is damning of his AD.

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri May 31, 2019 6:33 pm

This is what I don’t understand... you would think a guy with full warranty paperwork would be treated with kid gloves by Rolex. Whose to say he didn’t purchase multiple Rolex watches and just swap the bracelets?

What Rolex seems to not understand is there needs to be both a carrot and a stick. The carrot is outstanding service to proven owners. The stick is what this guy got.

FWIW, I’ve had to use Seiko Services in NJ a couple times with my wife’s watch’s (she is incredibly hard on watches which is why she wears my Ares) with satisfactory results. The repair was done on time and pricing was fair.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 8:20 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
For sure, but this guy doesn’t seem too savvy - which is fine since we’ve all been there. However, I think the outcome could have been rather different had he been a little smarter about it, which is damning of his AD.
But we do have to agree you shouldn't have to be "savvy" or know all of Rolex's policies to just get his watch service under warranty, right? :shrug:

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 9:00 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:20 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:34 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
But we do have to agree you shouldn't have to be "savvy" or know all of Rolex's policies to just get his watch service under warranty, right? :shrug:
No, his AD should have taken care of it. :thumbsup:

He should have just had it returned, unfixed.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?

Sounds like he bought a used watch and didn’t know it was on the wrong bracelet. He wouldn’t have paid for an OEM replacement if he had one.

But Tudor not servicing it under warranty because of the bracelet if F-ed up. Sure, maybe they could confiscate the bracelet, but not honoring the movement warranty is just wrong.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Fri May 31, 2019 9:24 pm

BacoNoir wrote:Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?

Sounds like he bought a used watch and didn’t know it was on the wrong bracelet. He wouldn’t have paid for an OEM replacement if he had one.

But Tudor not servicing it under warranty because of the bracelet if F-ed up. Sure, maybe they could confiscate the bracelet, but not honoring the movement warranty is just wrong.
They should just honor the warranty on the watch period. He wasn’t sending the bracelet in for warranty work. Once I’ve paid for the watch and presumably the bracelet they’re mine to do with as I see fit. Just imagine if changing the wheels on your car voided your warranty. This kind of business practices and customer service guarantees I won’t own another Rolex.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:14 pm
Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?
It was not an aftermarket bracelet, it was a non-riveted Tudor bracelet. But it do not come on this model of Tudor.

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am

I hope Matt never has to send in his matte bezel mod. I bet they'd ask him to replace the entire case.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:12 am

pbj204 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am
I hope Matt never has to send in his matte bezel mod. I bet they'd ask him to replace the entire case.
I'm sure they'd give him the option of returning the watch without servicing it - of course they'd keep the case ;)

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:43 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
It was not an aftermarket bracelet, it was a non-riveted Tudor bracelet. But it do not come on this model of Tudor.
Understood. Missed that initially.
Captdave wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:24 pm
BacoNoir wrote:Who the fuck sends a watch with full warranty in for warranty service with an aftermarket bracelet?

They should just honor the warranty on the watch period. He wasn’t sending the bracelet in for warranty work. Once I’ve paid for the watch and presumably the bracelet they’re mine to do with as I see fit. Just imagine if changing the wheels on your car voided your warranty. This kind of business practices and customer service guarantees I won’t own another Rolex.

Totally agree. I'd be pissed about that. It's warranty work - no if's and or buts. :scream:
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:13 pm

logan2z wrote:
pbj204 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:01 am
I'm sure they'd give him the option of returning the watch without servicing it - of course they'd keep the case ;)
No way! I'm sure I'll get VIP treatment!

(I initially wanted to do the mod to a BNIB watch, but sobered up quickly enough to opt for a naked watch instead)

This watch will definitely never see an RSC for service...
:htfu:

blkgsl
Herro!!!
Name: blkgsl

Post by blkgsl » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:37 am

There is blood on all hands. But mostly on the AD’s.

MDF
Name: Mark

Post by MDF » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:56 pm

So if you sent in a Rolex with Wu's cyclops mod would they make you replace the crystal? This stuff is crazy I mean you bought the high priced watch already you should be able to do whatever you want - it's yours.
Regards,

Mark

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm

MDF wrote:So if you sent in a Rolex with Wu's cyclops mod would they make you replace the crystal? This stuff is crazy I mean you bought the high priced watch already you should be able to do whatever you want - it's yours.
Yes. Rolex will only return the watch in its original configuration. I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.

The only other exception I’m aware of is that you can request they do not polish.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm
I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.
Just out of curiosity, do they charge you for the new dial or do they do an even swap?

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 am

logan2z wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:44 pm
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:06 pm
I’m not sure if they still do, but they did allow dial changes if the desired configuration was a compatible model for the one you sent in (swapping black dial Daytona to white dial) bit they kept the dial that was removed because they didn’t want Rolex parts floating around.
Just out of curiosity, do they charge you for the new dial or do they do an even swap?
They charge and the price doesn’t depend on the dial you turn in. So a diamond dial daydate to a plain dial change costs you a $2000 diamond dial, the $700 for the new dial, AND the cost of a service. I’m sure the diamond dial gets sold out the back door by some worker.

To Hoppy’s point - no more swaps on sports models. DJ and DD only as far as I know.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:10 am

just an update this guy got his watch back after he paid the cost. Rolex kept the bracelet.

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Post by andrema » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:34 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:46 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
His AD should have to reimburse him for the cost of the OEM Tudor bracelet that they did not return. They took possession of the watch and, presumably, inspected it prior to sending to RSC. It isn't like he sent a replica part to RSC, it was an actual Tudor made part, just on a different watch. It it was sent in with a leather strap, would they have kept that too or would the AD have taken it off? They would have taken it off...the AD is at fault, period, and owes the guy. If that were me, I would sue the AD and I am not a litigious guy.