More Crazy Rolex AD Behavior

Discussion of Rolex Watches.
Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: More Crazy Rolex AD Behavior

Post by Chocodove » Fri May 10, 2019 2:02 pm

I’m just glad I have the one I want already. I couldn’t imagine dealing with AD bullshit or paying a premium these days.
- Todd

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 10, 2019 3:23 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:18 pm
toxicavenger wrote:There has been complaints of this for a while now. It also happens in the US from some of the reports on TRF. If you really want o hear something crazy than read this:

"Got busted by Rolex
I bought a sky dweller because I just love the blue face and for everything it includes it's a great "bargin". Last month my dealer called me and said he had a Daytona. Well I can't afford to pay for 2 watches so I decided to sell sky dweller. I posted it on craigslist and ebay. I didn't post any number or card. Someone bought my watch from ebay. Yesterday my ad calls me saying Rolex contacted them about me flipping the watch and they are pissed. They want me to return the watch or the profit I made from it. The dealer said after the Daytona watch I can't buy any Rolexes from them and Rolex has put that dealer on a list.'https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=673699

i do not know if it is true and it sounds pretty crazy but AD"s and grey market sellers are pulling all kinds of stupid shit. Of course TRF locked it down like they always do if they do not like something.

The OP of that thread had all of 5 posts and was banned. I suspect That story wasn’t legit.
Ed you never know with that forum. I know a watchmaker that was recently banned there because he quoted someones comment and the mods did not like the comment that was quoted. They also delete negative post about trusted sellers frequently. So I would't put any stock into that dude being banned over false info.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri May 10, 2019 3:26 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:There has been complaints of this for a while now. It also happens in the US from some of the reports on TRF. If you really want o hear something crazy than read this:

"Got busted by Rolex
I bought a sky dweller because I just love the blue face and for everything it includes it's a great "bargin". Last month my dealer called me and said he had a Daytona. Well I can't afford to pay for 2 watches so I decided to sell sky dweller. I posted it on craigslist and ebay. I didn't post any number or card. Someone bought my watch from ebay. Yesterday my ad calls me saying Rolex contacted them about me flipping the watch and they are pissed. They want me to return the watch or the profit I made from it. The dealer said after the Daytona watch I can't buy any Rolexes from them and Rolex has put that dealer on a list.'https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=673699

i do not know if it is true and it sounds pretty crazy but AD"s and grey market sellers are pulling all kinds of stupid shit. Of course TRF locked it down like they always do if they do not like something.

The OP of that thread had all of 5 posts and was banned. I suspect That story wasn’t legit.
Ed you never know with that forum. I know a watchmaker that was recently banned there because he quoted someones comment and the mods did not like the comment that was quoted. They also delete negative post about trusted sellers frequently. So I would't put any stock into that dude being banned over false info.
OK, but the story still seems a bit of a stretch to me. :-)

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 10, 2019 3:28 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:26 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

"Got busted by Rolex

OK, but the story still seems a bit of a stretch to me. :-)
I do agree with that. :cheers:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:23 pm
hoppyjr wrote:

"Got busted by Rolex

You know, I've only ever been banned for talking about one particular trusted seller who seems to monopolize all the comments on that forum. TRF actually has the feeling of a WUS sponsored forum.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

"Got busted by Rolex

You know, I've only ever been banned for talking about one particular trusted seller who seems to monopolize all the comments on that forum. TRF actually has the feeling of a WUS sponsored forum.
It does for sure. Just less pop ups

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 10, 2019 3:42 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:38 pm
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

"Got busted by Rolex

It does for sure. Just less pop ups
And less transparency about monetary payments for special treatment. WUS was clear about it in the sponsored forums. TRF holds itself as an enthusiasts forum, while functioning as a giant advertisement for DavidSW.

It seems that the forum is reaching a critical mass of people who don't agree with David's gouging, so the dickhead mods are going to be on cleanup duty 24/7 :rock:

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:30 pm

Rolex is the only party that could fix it all if they wanted to. When they were making enough watches TRF Takuya, DavidSW and others were selling BNIB SubC ND for $6300 with stickers. And I remember walking in AD and seeing BLNR that no one wanted along with Subs and Explorers.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 am

JBZ wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 8:29 am
Rolex must be putting pressure on ADs about the grey market with threats that they could lose their AD status if too many of their sales get flipped (not exactly sure how that would be tracked, but I assume there's a way for at least some of the watches). And I guess the AD's are in turn strong-arming their Rolex customers.

All of this is weird given that AD's are clearly having a hard time stocking desirable Rolex sports models. Rolex obviously doesn't like the grey market situation, but it seems they're still unsure about what they can do to stop it.
========================
Rolex is putting a ton of pressure on ADs. If they sell a watch and the person turns around and flips it the AD can be put on a list, have their Rolex supply reduced or even have their Rolex program taken away. It's crazy!

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat May 11, 2019 8:22 am

jimyritz wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:01 am
JBZ wrote:
Rolex must be putting pressure on ADs about the grey market with threats that they could lose their AD status if too many of their sales get flipped (not exactly sure how that would be tracked, but I assume there's a way for at least some of the watches). And I guess the AD's are in turn strong-arming their Rolex customers.

All of this is weird given that AD's are clearly having a hard time stocking desirable Rolex sports models. Rolex obviously doesn't like the grey market situation, but it seems they're still unsure about what they can do to stop it.
========================
Rolex is putting a ton of pressure on ADs. If they sell a watch and the person turns around and flips it the AD can be put on a list, have their Rolex supply reduced or even have their Rolex program taken away. It's crazy!
I’m not sure I believe it, but I hope it’s true.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat May 11, 2019 8:24 am

jimyritz wrote:
JBZ wrote:

========================
How much more could it be reduced? Most ADs have nothing to sell now.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat May 11, 2019 8:44 am

logan2z wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:24 am
jimyritz wrote:
JBZ wrote:

========================
Yet the Grays have multiple of everything. The ADs are making sales somewhere.

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Sat May 11, 2019 9:06 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:44 am
logan2z wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:24 am
jimyritz wrote:
JBZ wrote:

========================
Yet the Grays have multiple of everything. The ADs are making sales somewhere.
=================================
Many ADs are keeping the sports models in the back in their vaults. They have lists of customers who want and the watch is already sold before it gets in.

flintsghost
Name: Bill

Post by flintsghost » Sat May 11, 2019 12:14 pm

That's total BS from the AD. My local AD sells jewelry and Rolex and Tudor watches and no other brand.
The reason I carry a 45 is because Colt don't make a 46.

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Fri May 31, 2019 9:12 am

Just came from my local Rolex AD. I knew the salesperson from college, and this is the info I got on the Rolex scarcity (nothing new here, still interesting to hear it from an AD):

1. He won't be getting any sport rolex watches soon, but did told me that he could make happen a Sub, but no discount. Explorer or Explorer II can also be found. They've only seen two new Pepsi GMT and one was for the owner. They didn't have any sport model except for a YM.
2. The AD cant offer to put you "on a list", because that implies a chronological order. They can put me down on a "register for interested parties". And of course, established clients get called first. They told that to the owner on a meeting on Basel for ADs.
3. They have been instructed by Rolex to take all stickers from all Rolex watches sold. They also have to keep a record of all buyers which includes copy of drivers license, receipt and completed warranty card. This info is sent to Rolex HQ.
4. They've been requested to not sell to client if they suspect the watch will be flip for profit. The friend said: "they hate the grey market sellers but are not doing anything to combat them".
5. No BB58, he was stocked to see mine, he won't get one for a year at least. They've had the Tudor Pepsi GMT but had none today. Saw the SS chrono and it looks good, but still prefer my Speedy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Fri May 31, 2019 9:39 am

Interesting about the Tudor BB58 and GMT. Rolex is bringing their scarcity approach to Tudor now. Everyone thought the 58/GMT would be widely available by now.

JP Chestnut

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri May 31, 2019 9:41 am

dnslater wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:39 am
Interesting about the Tudor BB58 and GMT. Rolex is bringing their scarcity approach to Tudor now. Everyone thought the 58/GMT would be widely available by now.
The 58 isn't too hard to find, but the GMT is scarce due to a movement flaw. There's something wrong with that movement and it really impacted production.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Fri May 31, 2019 9:51 am

logan2z wrote:If this is true then wow...

https://www.watchprosite.com/horologica ... 0815606/0/

So a new submariner is $16000 now?

“A collector with a limited budget”...
lol. Yes limited. Because we all have an extra $8000 to waste on a watch we don’t want and the AD makes us buy.
Insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak: