Name: HeadDIK

Just what you have been waiting for: John Mayer Talking Watches part 2

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:49 am

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Re: Just what you have been waiting for: John Mayer Talking Watches part 2

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am

I watched it, and I actually enjoyed it (I admit the end was a bit much when he started talking about what it means to be a collector). The guy's got some pretty cool watches. The green dialed and blue dialed gold Daytonas are standouts to me.

He occupies a different plain when it comes to both money and fame. Hard to come off relatable when you're in that position, but he seems to take genuine pleasure from collecting.

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

He ruined the Dead reunion

Sent from my Note8 using Tapatalk

homathetes
Name: Andrew

Post by homathetes » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

Not nearly as entertaining as Current Mood with drunk Dave Chappelle

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:39 am

JBZ wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:02 am
I watched it, and I actually enjoyed it (I admit the end was a bit much when he started talking about what it means to be a collector). The guy's got some pretty cool watches. The green dialed and blue dialed gold Daytonas are standouts to me.

He occupies a different plain when it comes to both money and fame. Hard to come off relatable when you're in that position, but he seems to take genuine pleasure from collecting.
Agreed. There are elements of JM that come off as disconnected and douchey, but overall, I think his collecting interest comes from the same place as a lot of enthusiasts - just exponentially enabled based on his financial means.
:htfu:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:52 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:39 am
JBZ wrote:

Agreed. There are elements of JM that come off as disconnected and douchey, but overall, I think his collecting interest comes from the same place as a lot of enthusiasts - just exponentially enabled based on his financial means.
I did find it amusing that he says he's into collecting clothing now, particularly given the one instagram shot they showed. Let's just say that, based on that picture, JM's taste is not the same as mine. And while some clothing is very expensive, none of it has the same appreciation potential as watches (except, ironically, for clothing that's been worn by a celebrity).

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:10 pm

JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
JBZ wrote:

I did find it amusing that he says he's into collecting clothing now, particularly given the one instagram shot they showed. Let's just say that, based on that picture, JM's taste is not the same as mine. And while some clothing is very expensive, none of it has the same appreciation potential as watches (except, ironically, for clothing that's been worn by a celebrity).
I think he should bring back shoulder pads.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm

hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:10 pm
JBZ wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
JBZ wrote:

I think he should bring back shoulder pads.

four20

Post by four20 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:22 pm

JBZ wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm

i've already listened to Fear Of Music and Speaking In Tongues today, may as well que up Stop Making Sense now :fro: :bananastoner:

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer

Post by JBZ » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:36 pm

four20 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:22 pm
JBZ wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:18 pm

i've already listened to Fear Of Music and Speaking In Tongues today, may as well que up Stop Making Sense now :fro: :bananastoner:
Love The Talking Heads.

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:37 pm

Shit, I was all ready to place my order for a John Mayer Talking Watch. :oops:

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:41 pm

four20 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

His vocals or guitar playing?

P.S. Dead Air Podcast is usually pretty good.

four20

Post by four20 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:02 pm

Selym wrote:
four20 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:32 am

His vocals or guitar playing?

P.S. Dead Air Podcast is usually pretty good.
Both

I'll check that out, thanks! I'm partial to the Deadhead Archive app. Leverages the stuff on the Internet Archives. Also, I've got hundreds of hrs of soundboard recordings I d/I'd 20 yrs ago before their lawyers put an end to that (all flac>>wav CDs)

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:02 am

Terry, will watch this later for sure, and I know I'll enjoy it. Thanks a lot !!! :thumbsup: :)