Announcing the Timeless Lambda Limited Edition

Watch review archives can be found here.
TimelessLuxWatches
Name: Brett

Announcing the Timeless Lambda Limited Edition

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:28 am

Timeless Luxury Watches is proud to announce a (very) limited edition of 8 pieces to commemorate Timeless' 8th anniversary. For this special occasion we have used an equally special watch, the Nomos Lambda.

The Lambda is one of only two high-end Nomos watches available today, the other being the tonneau Lux. Our limited edition makes a number of changes to the original Lambda. For one thing, the Ref. 954's black dial was replaced with a dark matte blue one. Blue has long been our favorite color for limited editions, so it was a natural choice for this model.

To create a pleasing contrast with this new blue dial, we replaced the white writing with gold-colored writing. We also translated the power reserve writing to English, which is a bit more consistent with the MADE IN GERMANY writing at 6:00.

Here we can see the Lambda's most distinctive feature, its enormous power reserve subdial. Nomos used this design for two reasons, the first of which was to show off their impressive 84 hour power reserve, but the second was to make the watch distinctively Nomos, setting it apart from models like the Calatrava or Patrimony. Nomos has always had an interest in creating avant-garde power reserves, as can be seen with models like the Tangente Gangreserve, a tradition the Lambda continues.

Although slightly larger than what we normally use, the 39mm rose gold case is a versatile size for a contemporary dress watch, and we're especially pleased with its 9.1mm thickness.

You can find the only Timeless branding subtly placed on the back of the watch, but you probably won't notice it because your attention will be placed on the beautiful DUW 1001 movement.

The DUW 1001, alongside the closely related DUW 2002, is currently Nomos' only high-end movement. This thin manual winding movement features classically German design, including a beautiful 3/4 plate with sunbeam polishing.

In addition to its great 84-hour power reserve, over twice that of the average watch, you can find gold chatons and hand-beveled edges. Beneath this plate resides the 1001's dual mainsprings, the source of a power reserve that basically doubles that of most Nomoses.

The balance cock is also hand-engraved, and above it you'll find a swan neck regulator, a design reserved for Nomos' best movements. Furthermore, the balance wheel has screws in it, giving it a more classic appearance as opposed to the smooth balance wheel used in the vast majority of other Nomos movements.

The Timeless Lambda is a limited edition of just 8 total watches, one for each year Timeless has been in business. Each 39mm rose gold watch is priced at $17,000, exactly the same price as the regular production version of the watch. Please call 214-494-4241 or click here to pre-order yours.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Re: Announcing the Timeless Lambda Limited Edition

Post by JP Chestnut » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:32 am

A $17k nomos doesn’t work for me, but it looks great.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:37 am

This ^^^^^. Beautiful but at that price not as much.
JP Chestnut wrote:A $17k nomos doesn’t work for me, but it looks great.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:09 am

Yeah, it's a lot to ask for a Nomos, but to be honest, for me personally it really is a serious competitor with the entry-level Saxonia. Still, definitely not for everyone. Maybe we'll attempt a Lange for the 10th anniversary...

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am

TimelessLuxWatches wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:09 am
it really is a serious competitor with the entry-level Saxonia.
The DUW 1001 looks to be beautifully made/finished and I have a lot of respect for what Nomos has accomplished in a relatively short time, but I doubt too many well-heeled watch buyers would choose a Nomos over a Lange at a similar price point. Apples and oranges stylistically as well.

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:25 am

logan2z wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:30 am
TimelessLuxWatches wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:09 am
it really is a serious competitor with the entry-level Saxonia.
The DUW 1001 looks to be beautifully made/finished and I have a lot of respect for what Nomos has accomplished in a relatively short time, but I doubt too many well-heeled watch buyers would choose a Nomos over a Lange at a similar price point. Apples and oranges stylistically as well.
Definitely true, that's one of the reasons I like it so much. It has so much more character than most of the high-end in this range. I felt the same way about the Journe Chronometre Bleu.

gr8sw
Name: Pedro

Post by gr8sw » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:44 pm

very cool piece... wouldn't hesitate if I was in the market for a gorgeous gold dress watch... beautiful case and movement!
‘I don’t worry about a thing, 'cause I know nothing’s gonna be alright’ Mose Allison

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:27 pm

17k....
Lolz
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:59 am

gr8sw wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:44 pm
very cool piece... wouldn't hesitate if I was in the market for a gorgeous gold dress watch... beautiful case and movement!
Thanks!

pbj204
Name: Paul

Post by pbj204 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 am

It's good that you went with 8 instead of 50.

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:21 am

pbj204 wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:42 am
It's good that you went with 8 instead of 50.
Yeah, with a niche model like this we wouldn't produce that many, expensive or not.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:04 pm

Not my cuppa, but beautiful watch for sure
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am

Blue and rose gold is a match made in heaven, but the 'power reserve' translation just looks awkward in English for some reason.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:47 am

dinexus wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am
the 'power reserve' translation just looks awkward in English for some reason.
Maybe a little armchair watch designing here, but I honestly think the dial would have looked better if that text was removed entirely. I assume it was placed there to balance out the logo on the left. It may have been better to put the logo text on a single line beneath the lower subdial that followed the path of the 'Made in Germany' text :shrug:

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm

The watch is beautiful and I'm certain the craftsmanship is simply outstanding, but I can't help but think of these guys when I read the LE name

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:58 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:55 pm
The watch is beautiful and I'm certain the craftsmanship is simply outstanding, but I can't help but think of these guys when I read the LE name
Lol took me a minute to get the joke. Been awhile since I've watched a movie with tri-lams in it.

TimelessLuxWatches

Post by TimelessLuxWatches » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:05 pm

logan2z wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:47 am
dinexus wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:34 am
the 'power reserve' translation just looks awkward in English for some reason.
Maybe a little armchair watch designing here, but I honestly think the dial would have looked better if that text was removed entirely. I assume it was placed there to balance out the logo on the left. It may have been better to put the logo text on a single line beneath the lower subdial that followed the path of the 'Made in Germany' text :shrug:
I tend to agree with you, as I have a pretty strong "less is more" approach to design, but my assumption was that Nomos wouldn't agree to it (went on above my pay grade). Nomos was unusually protective of the Lambda. Our initial designs (made long, long before this one) called for a steel case, but they weren't willing to proceed with that either, so we started over from scratch with rose gold.