Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Post Reply
User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14571
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:45 am

Anyone ever heard of Mathey-Tissot?
Extraordinary! ;)

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tissot- ... 00atr.html


Image

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by logan2z » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:20 am


User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14571
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am

Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5486
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Chocodove » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am
Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300
Something has to keep the lights on.
- Todd

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Posts: 9382
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:03 am
Name: Jeff

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by JBZ » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:39 pm

The font style reminds me of Squale.
Image

User avatar
MDF
Posts: 1190
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm
Name: Mark

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by MDF » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:46 pm

:paypal: :bananastoner: :bananastoner:
Regards,

Mark

User avatar
jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Posts: 7078
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:54 am
Name: Jeff
Location: NJ

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by jswing » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:59 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am
Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300
Squale did it too.

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5584
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Torrid » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Not related to Tissot, but the Tissot font looks almost identical to the vintage Tissot logo.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14571
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am
Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300
Something has to keep the lights on.
I know everyone is lazy to click on the link. They actually call it ROLLY VINTAGE, that's almost Rolex in my book

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by logan2z » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am
Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300
Something has to keep the lights on.
I know everyone is lazy to click on the link. They actually call it ROLLY VINTAGE, that's almost Rolex in my book
It's a bit slimy to be sure, but Rolly != Rolex. And with no Rolex logo on the dial, it's not a fake ;)

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14571
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:11 pm

logan2z wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am
Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300
Something has to keep the lights on.
I know everyone is lazy to click on the link. They actually call it ROLLY VINTAGE, that's almost Rolex in my book
It's a bit slimy to be sure, but Rolly != Rolex. And with no Rolex logo on the dial, it's not a fake ;)
I guess they get off on a technicality but damn. So Bimmer is not a BMW I guess :grin:

User avatar
logan2z
IT Admin
Posts: 9852
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:08 am
Name: Andrew
Location: SF Bay Area, CA

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by logan2z » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:15 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:11 pm
logan2z wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:09 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:25 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:07 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:33 am
Strange that a real company with history would make something like that and for $300
Something has to keep the lights on.
I know everyone is lazy to click on the link. They actually call it ROLLY VINTAGE, that's almost Rolex in my book
It's a bit slimy to be sure, but Rolly != Rolex. And with no Rolex logo on the dial, it's not a fake ;)
So Bimmer is not a BMW I guess :grin:
Don't think it is, no ;)

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5437
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by dnslater » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Maybe worth buying just to post photos in the MKII WUS forum.

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Kalifornia

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by sierra11b » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:02 pm

At $299 seems like a good beater to constantly remind you of the time you sold the 1675 and 16750 you'll never get back. :crybaby:

Blackdog
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:31 am
Name: Luis

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Blackdog » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:47 am

Hmmmm, I find it a bit dubious...

Tissot belongs to the Swatch group, so does ETA. And yet this thing has a Sellita movement ?

And what's the point of a 24H bezel if there is no 24H hand ? Surely a serious brand would not make a mistake like that... Or call it Rolly !

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30952
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 am


User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41562
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:38 am

amazing :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14571
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Panerai7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:54 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:38 am
amazing :mrgreen:
:thatshot:

User avatar
Torrid
Posts: 5584
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:43 am
Name: Heath
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Anyone wants a Vintage Rolly - cheap!

Post by Torrid » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:10 am

Might not be all bad if it actually had a GMT hand to go with that bezel. That alone is stupid.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1954Selmer, Google [Bot], hobbit712, Majestic-12 [Bot], TSD and 17 guests