Discussion of microbrand watches
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Re: Tockr Air Defender

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:08 pm

mikeylacroix wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm
I'm confused... since when did 'Manufacture Royale' become an industry term..?
Since some dickweed mentioned it. :roll: :roll:

Heinz-D
Name: Heinz

Post by Heinz-D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:07 pm
Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Nothing wrong about it at all. Just why need to lie about this? Tockr claimed to be producing dials and cases with a company called TEC EBauches. Better tell nothing than such a lie. I would have been perfectly fine with the fact that they buy in asia but keep their mouth shut and don't tell anything about their supplychain. Is it just me who creates such a sensitivity agains such a behaviour? Seems not. Only in this group you seem to be fine when you pay for swiss and just get asian stuff.
So where do you have proof of this info? :scratch:
Here and on many other blogs and reviews as well. but that doesn't much bother you. You already made up your mind.
https://www.watchuseek.com/tockr-watches-set-take-off/

https://www.revolution.watch/talking-to ... -aviation/

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/tockr-c-47 ... -giveaway/

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-coll ... s-2768135/

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:50 pm

Which makes 'Manufacture Royale' a company name lol.
How does that make it a Swiss industry standard...?
:Scratch:

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 am

Is THIS a discussion thread?

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:43 am

Grahamcombat wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 am
No, this is a guy who joined the Dub with the sole purpose of promoting a website which bashes Tockr watches. The links he posted come from the bash site.

Terry is rightfully calling him out.

As an aside, I suggest you leverage the term "manufacture royale" and use it as often as possible in your discriptions. I have no idea what it means, but I like it.

It reminds me of that discussion between Vincent and Jules in Pulp Fiction. A Whopper is just a Whopper, but a Quarter Pounder is a "Royale with Cheese".

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:31 am

Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:33 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:07 pm
Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Nothing wrong about it at all. Just why need to lie about this? Tockr claimed to be producing dials and cases with a company called TEC EBauches. Better tell nothing than such a lie. I would have been perfectly fine with the fact that they buy in asia but keep their mouth shut and don't tell anything about their supplychain. Is it just me who creates such a sensitivity agains such a behaviour? Seems not. Only in this group you seem to be fine when you pay for swiss and just get asian stuff.
So where do you have proof of this info? :scratch:
Here and on many other blogs and reviews as well. but that doesn't much bother you. You already made up your mind.
https://www.watchuseek.com/tockr-watches-set-take-off/

https://www.revolution.watch/talking-to ... -aviation/

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/tockr-c-47 ... -giveaway/

https://robbreport.com/style/watch-coll ... s-2768135/
WOW breaking news!!!! :roll: :roll: YOU still didn't answer my question. Where is the info disproving this? :nutkick:

The only person who disprove this info is the person Tockr watches was using to make their cases. Not some fat bloke behind a keyboard. :monkeypiss: Then you have to wonder, what was the middleman telling Tockr watches on where they were being produced???? Because misinformation happens all the time, look at what you have been doing these last few pages. :excited:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:35 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:43 am
Grahamcombat wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:00 am
No, this is a guy who joined the Dub with the sole purpose of promoting a website which bashes Tockr watches. The links he posted come from the bash site.

Terry is rightfully calling him out.

As an aside, I suggest you leverage the term "manufacture royale" and use it as often as possible in your discriptions. I have no idea what it means, but I like it.

It reminds me of that discussion between Vincent and Jules in Pulp Fiction. A Whopper is just a Whopper, but a Quarter Pounder is a "Royale with Cheese".
Hahaha. I think the Manufacture Royale is a watch company if I recall. Oh maybe Mr. Bean used it describe something he wasn't what he was talking about. :think: Heck maybe i should use it now. :mrgreen: I talk out of my ass all the time. :roll: :roll:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:37 am

mikeylacroix wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:50 pm
Which makes 'Manufacture Royale' a company name lol.
How does that make it a Swiss industry standard...?
:Scratch:
:shrug: Maybe Archie Luxury approved of it? :salute:

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 am

It is (or was) a (gimmicky) brand:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/an-af ... ure-royale
Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Well Manufacture Royal is of a quality which you don't see at your local dealer. MR has a quality level, which lets brands like Patek look like Microbrands
Last edited by Joeprez on Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 am

All I can say is thank goodness we have a Micro Brands forum where we can bury 5 pages of drama about a bullshit brand that nobody cares about.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:01 am

Joeprez wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:54 am
It is (or was) a (gimmicky) brand:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/an-af ... ure-royale
Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:56 pm
Well Manufacture Royal is of a quality which you don't see at your local dealer. MR has a quality level, which lets brands like Patek look like Microbrands
That's a strong statement, Battle Royale makes Patek look like Micro.
Although the best I've seen in person was the back of ALS Datograph but that still doesn't make Patek a micro

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm
Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 pm
Sign Time Movements either had extra cases made or Tockr didn't take all that were ordered, so they are now selling them under their own brand. Happens all the time in micro-land. You can buy a Kobold Seal or a West Coast Times Seal, or a CREPAS TACTICO TC-1. They are pretty much all the same watch.

@ Heinz-D - just buy a Seiko.
Chris you are right. With Kobold he actually didn't Pat the vendor, so the resold the stock.

With Crepas I don't remember exactly.

Tockr watches paid the vendor/manufacturer and they decided to rebrand the inventory as their own and charge a lower price.
I put myself firmly in the "so what / who cares" category, but I can't help but be pulled into the conversation due to the intrigue (and honestly, my own confusion).

Is our new ketchup ambassador claiming that Tockr didn't actually have the cases machined by TEC Ebauches SA?

The only "evidence" is the fact this other company, Signs Time Movements, are selling watches identical to some Tockr models and in the description they (Sign Time Movements) state: "Note: These models are not hommage or Fake Tockr watches. Made of original overstock parts with original movements."

Is it possible that Sign Time Movements bought overstock cases from TEC Ebauches SA and built some watches to sell at a discount? Given how crap the Signs Time Movements website is, I'd guess this is the more likely scenario than Tockr lying about where their cases were made.

If this is the case, I also think it is pretty shitty for TEC Ebauches SA to sell the "extra" cases they made for Tockr to some random buyer. I'm guessing the cases were manufactured by TEC Ebauches on speculation that Tockr would order more, but the order never materialized so TEC found a buyer to recoup some of their costs.

I know this kind of thing happens in micro-land all the time (didn't Borealis claim a similar issue recently?) but I don't see any "evidence" of wrong doing or misrepresentation on the part of Tockr. The only thing I can fault Tockr with is selecting an unethical supplier (again, assuming what I hypothesize is true).

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:30 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
Sign Time Movements either had extra cases made or Tockr didn't take all that were ordered, so they are now selling them under their own brand. Happens all the time in micro-land. You can buy a Kobold Seal or a West Coast Times Seal, or a CREPAS TACTICO TC-1. They are pretty much all the same watch.

Chris you are right. With Kobold he actually didn't Pat the vendor, so the resold the stock.

Tockr watches paid the vendor/manufacturer and they decided to rebrand the inventory as their own and charge a lower price.
I put myself firmly in the "so what / who cares" category, but I can't help but be pulled into the conversation due to the intrigue (and honestly, my own confusion).

Is our new ketchup ambassador claiming that Tockr didn't actually have the cases machined by TEC Ebauches SA?

The only "evidence" is the fact this other company, Signs Time Movements, are selling watches identical to some Tockr models and in the description they (Sign Time Movements) state: "Note: These models are not hommage or Fake Tockr watches. Made of original overstock parts with original movements."

Is it possible that Sign Time Movements bought overstock cases from TEC Ebauches SA and built some watches to sell at a discount? Given how crap the Signs Time Movements website is, I'd guess this is the more likely scenario than Tockr lying about where their cases were made.

If this is the case, I also think it is pretty shitty for TEC Ebauches SA to sell the "extra" cases they made for Tockr to some random buyer. I'm guessing the cases were manufactured by TEC Ebauches on speculation that Tockr would order more, but the order never materialized so TEC found a buyer to recoup some of their costs.

I know this kind of thing happens in micro-land all the time (didn't Borealis claim a similar issue recently?) but I don't see any "evidence" of wrong doing or misrepresentation on the part of Tockr. The only thing I can fault Tockr with is selecting an unethical supplier (again, assuming what I hypothesize is true).
I don't know all the ends and outs but Tockr themselves are disappointed that they picked the wrong vendor to deal with at that time. I can tell you this from my personal experiences, some vendors will tell a company info that is not always correct on where parts come from just to make a sell. Is this the case with Tockr watches? Maybe I am not sure. But i have been in the situation more than once where a vendor told me something just to make a product sound better. :banghead:

The ketchup ambassador is the guy who did them wrong. He is trying to funnel buyers to his site.

Now how do I know this info you might ask? I do know Austin who runs Tockr watches. I do know he is a straight shooter and he does not try to deceive people. There are a few dudes here who knows him also. And they would say the same if asked.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:12 am

logan2z wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 am
All I can say is thank goodness we have a Micro Brands forum where we can bury 5 pages of drama about a bullshit brand that nobody cares about.
LOL

Ouch
:htfu:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:15 am

matt.wu wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:12 am
logan2z wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:59 am
LOL

Ouch
thats why he is the IT guy :cheers:

four20
Name: erik

Post by four20 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:40 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 am
Ryeguy wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:

I don't know all the ends and outs but Tockr themselves are disappointed that they picked the wrong vendor to deal with at that time. I can tell you this from my personal experiences, some vendors will tell a company info that is not always correct on where parts come from just to make a sell. Is this the case with Tockr watches? Maybe I am not sure. But i have been in the situation more than once where a vendor told me something just to make a product sound better. :banghead:

The ketchup ambassador is the guy who did them wrong. He is trying to funnel buyers to his site.

Now how do I know this info you might ask? I do know Austin who runs Tockr watches. I do know he is a straight shooter and he does not try to deceive people. There are a few dudes here who knows him also. And they would say the same if asked.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:41 am

four20 wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:40 am
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:27 am
Ryeguy wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Tockr Air Defender

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
Ryeguy wrote:

Agreed and he has good intentions to do this right. He is not about the drama. I also don’t think he needs to the $ from this, he is driven to do this right imo and he also want to have fun with it. It’s not about a quick buck. .
Last edited by Jeep99dad on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:34 pm
Agreed and it’s not like he has good intentions to do this right. He is not about the drama. I also don’t think he needs to the $ from this, he is driven to do this right imo and he also want to have fun with it. It’s not about a quick buck. .
I couldn't have said it better Brice. :cheers:

watches503
Name: Luis

Post by watches503 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 am

Yup! That’s Ibrahim Okten, the infamous scum of the Earth. His name is synonymous with beautiful words like Fraud, Thief and Scammer of many microbrands. I went to comment on that link but it’s so fake, even the comments aren’t real people. I wrote my comment twice and my comments will not upload. Try it and you’ll see.

You should’ve pretended to be some fake blogger with some fake new blog rather than tockr.net but you think you’re smarter than all of us.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:08 am

watches503 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:02 am
Yup! That’s Ibrahim Okten, the infamous scum of the Earth. His name is synonymous with beautiful words like Fraud, Thief and Scammer of many microbrands. I went to comment on that link but it’s so fake, even the comments aren’t real people. I wrote my comment twice and my comments will not upload. Try it and you’ll see.

You should’ve pretended to be some fake blogger with some fake new blog rather than tockr.net but you think you’re smarter than all of us.
Luis you are definitely right. He has been contacting people who have done reviews in the past form Tockr trying to slam them. This dude knows no end. What a dickweed. :nutkick:

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Post by gonzomantis » Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:27 pm

How do people like that sleep at night?