Tockr Air Defender

Discussion of microbrand watches
Heinz-D
Name: Heinz

Re: Tockr Air Defender

Post by Heinz-D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:41 pm
brellum......IMO a far more luxurious watch and SUPER reputable owner etc....Diff league IMO.
Bravo, you finally said the magic words. You talking about Brellum which is a league or two higher than Tockr. But when talking about Manufacture Royal, then you create an expectation which is a few levels higher than Brellum. Now imagine the disappointment when you buy the Tockr, expecting a Manufacture Royal quality.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm

Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:36 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:17 pm
Nothing wrong about it at all. Just why need to lie about this? Tockr claimed to be producing dials and cases with a company called TEC EBauches. Better tell nothing than such a lie. I would have been perfectly fine with the fact that they buy in asia but keep their mouth shut and don't tell anything about their supplychain. Is it just me who creates such a sensitivity agains such a behaviour? Seems not. Only in this group you seem to be fine when you pay for swiss and just get asian stuff.
I hate to call you naive but do you really think there's any watch with "swiss made" printed on the dial for that kinda money that's really made in Switzerland start to finish? Come on. The Swiss movement cost always outweighs the rest of the watch so they can call it Swiss Made, that's all.
Well you make my mouth watering with Manufacture Royal, then I expect a 100% swiss components. Because brands such as this, don't have asian parts. And finally telling nothing about your source is nothing bad. Simply don't tell Manufacture Royal then we are fine. Then I can put you in a different category. Then I can imagine the quality which I have to expect at that pricelevel. But when you tell Manufacture Royal then I expect quality like Patek or Breguet. And suddenly your price of 2500USD becomes a bargain. But as it is now, it is anything but a bargain
I don't know where you got $2500 and Tockr comparing itself to Rolex.
As Brice mentioned it is readily available from AD with a discount for about 1300-1400$ out the door. For that kind of money it's a nice watch with a tried and true Val 7750 and a whole of a lot less than what it "looks like" Sinn 142 which retails for IIRC 3500-4000 without any discount. From what I heard Tockr guy is a WIS and sane to say his watches are just as good as Rolex and Breguet. And what is "Manufacture Royal"? :grin:

Heinz-D

Post by Heinz-D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:52 pm

Brellum is made of Swiss Parts only. You feel the quality. It is such a nice watch.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:55 pm

ImageImage
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

Heinz-D

Post by Heinz-D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:56 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm
Heinz-D wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:36 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:21 pm
Heinz-D wrote:
Nothing wrong about it at all. Just why need to lie about this? Tockr claimed to be producing dials and cases with a company called TEC EBauches. Better tell nothing than such a lie. I would have been perfectly fine with the fact that they buy in asia but keep their mouth shut and don't tell anything about their supplychain. Is it just me who creates such a sensitivity agains such a behaviour? Seems not. Only in this group you seem to be fine when you pay for swiss and just get asian stuff.
I hate to call you naive but do you really think there's any watch with "swiss made" printed on the dial for that kinda money that's really made in Switzerland start to finish? Come on. The Swiss movement cost always outweighs the rest of the watch so they can call it Swiss Made, that's all.
Well you make my mouth watering with Manufacture Royal, then I expect a 100% swiss components. Because brands such as this, don't have asian parts. And finally telling nothing about your source is nothing bad. Simply don't tell Manufacture Royal then we are fine. Then I can put you in a different category. Then I can imagine the quality which I have to expect at that pricelevel. But when you tell Manufacture Royal then I expect quality like Patek or Breguet. And suddenly your price of 2500USD becomes a bargain. But as it is now, it is anything but a bargain
I don't know where you got $2500 and Tockr comparing itself to Rolex.
As Brice mentioned it is readily available from AD with a discount for about 1300-1400$ out the door. For that kind of money it's a nice watch with a tried and true Val 7750 and a whole of a lot less than what it "looks like" Sinn 142 which retails for IIRC 3500-4000 without any discount. From what I heard Tockr guy is a WIS and sane to say his watches are just as good as Rolex and Breguet. And what is "Manufacture Royal"? :grin:
We are not talking about the same watches. I mean the rectangular shaped 3 hands watch with the Vintage Airplane engine on its dial and that is listed for 2500USD on their website. Well Manufacture Royal is of a quality which you don't see at your local dealer. MR has a qualitylevel, which lets brands like Patek look like Microbrands

Heinz-D

Post by Heinz-D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:58 pm

Bravo. Super photos of the Brellum. Wear it in good health

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:00 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:55 pm
ImageImage
This is Franck Muller's son, correct? (or some relation to Franck I expect).

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Brellum and TOCKR don't belong in the same conversation.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

Heinz-D

Post by Heinz-D » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm

Nope, Sebastien Muller is coming from Victorinox and his father is a 2nd or 3rd generation casemaker. I might be wrong but this is the information which I have

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:03 pm

hmm, not sure, never thought of that. Sebastien is a great guy for sure either way! Skilled dude no doubt.
https://www.brellum.swiss/en/the-brand/the-story.html

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:08 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:02 pm
Brellum and TOCKR don't belong in the same conversation.
Agreed. Same movement, similar ballpark pricing. I know which way I'd be leaning.

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:12 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:03 pm
hmm, not sure, never thought of that. Sebastien is a great guy for sure either way! Skilled dude no doubt.
https://www.brellum.swiss/en/the-brand/the-story.html
I may have been putting 2+2 together to add up to 5. Franck was born in 1956 and Sebastian is mid-forties, so at best Franck could maybe be an uncle or cousin or something. Then again "Muller" is kinda like "Smith" in Switzerland, so there could be no relation at all.

I'm somehow connected to Sebastian on linkedin and his profile is legit in the industry.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:19 pm

he also joined here back when i organized the group buy. He doesnt post i dont think...Just such a nice guy. You will never buy a watch that comes in the type of package he ships in, its crazy.....he is working on a new watch now that will have his first manufacture movement too!

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:46 pm

This thread isn't about what is better for the price. Because that can be different for everyone here. Including myself.

Heinz came here to post a link that slanders a company with false information. When asked about all he want to do is to dance around that info.

So Heinz answer the question the foum admin asked. What is your purpose on this forum?

Good did not lead you that fraudulent site, that is for sure.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:16 pm

toxicavenger wrote:This thread isn't about what is better for the price. Because that can be different for everyone here. Including myself.

Heinz came here to post a link that slanders a company with false information. When asked about all he want to do is to dance around that info.

So Heinz answer the question the foum admin asked. What is your purpose on this forum?

Is this thread about show tunes and dancing? I love show tunes and dancing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:29 pm

:popcorn:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Ryeguy wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:32 pm
Sign Time Movements either had extra cases made or Tockr didn't take all that were ordered, so they are now selling them under their own brand. Happens all the time in micro-land. You can buy a Kobold Seal or a West Coast Times Seal, or a CREPAS TACTICO TC-1. They are pretty much all the same watch.

@ Heinz-D - just buy a Seiko.
Chris you are right. With Kobold he actually didn't Pat the vendor, so the resold the stock.

With Crepas I don't remember exactly.

Tockr watches paid the vendor/manufacturer and they decided to rebrand the inventory as their own and charge a lower price.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm

ericf4 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:16 pm
toxicavenger wrote:This thread isn't about what is better for the price. Because that can be different for everyone here. Including myself.

It's about Battle Royale

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:42 pm

ericf4 wrote:

It is.now. :rimshot:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 pm
It's about Battle Royale

Hahaha :roll:

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:05 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

It's about Battle Royale

Love that movie!
- Todd

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:40 pm

I'm confused... since when did 'Manufacture Royale' become an industry term..?

@eric
Any more upcoming brellum models to get in on?

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:44 pm

mikeylacroix wrote:I'm confused... since when did 'Manufacture Royale' become an industry term..?

@eric
Any more upcoming brellum models to get in on?
He's working on his first in-house manufacture movement watch right now

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:45 pm

Mikey if you check out his Instagram he's starting to post pictures of some of the component parts

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:07 pm

Heinz-D wrote:
So where do you have proof of this info? :scratch: