hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:41 am
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 am
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
Edit: actually, we assume the Polaris leaked but as I recall that wasn’t confirmed. I believe the alarm crown froze and then broke. Jason suspected some seawater got it and corroded the works. I imagine this is in part the reason JLC did their “upgrade” to the crown seals on all Polaris models.
Wait, when/where was it stated that they upgraded the seals? 'Dink never published an edit or update to the original story...
It wasn’t released publicly, likely to save questions and embarrassment.

My AD told me and I confirmed with two other JLC Boutiques and the customer service number.

Apparently JLC called back all unsold stock very early on to do an “update” on a seal. My AD thought it the crown seal and two other boutiques said case-back gasket. Customer service confirmed it was the crown seal. They claim the original was perfectly fine but they developed an “improvement” (yea, sure). For those that were already sold, JLC offered an additional year of factory warranty (for the inconvenience) to owners who sent theirs in for the update. Mine had been done already as my AD had sent all stock back. A yellow sticker on case-back was the indicator of the update being done.
Umm I hate to say I told you so, but it was predictable from the get go. Screw down the damn crowns ZheZhe

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am

Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Looks good. I think that’s the model that Jason Heaton took diving and it flooded.
It was this one
Edit: actually, we assume the Polaris leaked but as I recall that wasn’t confirmed. I believe the alarm crown froze and then broke. Jason suspected some seawater got it and corroded the works. I imagine this is in part the reason JLC did their “upgrade” to the crown seals on all Polaris models.
Wait, when/where was it stated that they upgraded the seals? 'Dink never published an edit or update to the original story...

My AD told me and I confirmed with two other JLC Boutiques and the customer service number.

Apparently JLC called back all unsold stock very early on to do an “update” on a seal. My AD thought it the crown seal and two other boutiques said case-back gasket. Customer service confirmed it was the crown seal. They claim the original was perfectly fine but they developed an “improvement” (yea, sure). For those that were already sold, JLC offered an additional year of factory warranty (for the inconvenience) to owners who sent theirs in for the update. Mine had been done already as my AD had sent all stock back. A yellow sticker on case-back was the indicator of the update being done.
Umm I hate to say I told you so, but it was predictable from the get go. Screw down the damn crowns ZheZhe
I don’t disagree, but dive watches existed without screw crowns before. Besides, they don’t recommend diving with this one.....the 200m shower watch.

Didn’t you ever date a incredibly beautiful woman who was dumb as a box of rocks?

Panerai7
Name: Art

Re: ooooh I like this 3 hand IWC AT

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:17 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:05 am
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
It was this one

I don’t disagree, but dive watches existed without screw crowns before. Besides, they don’t recommend diving with this one.....the 200m shower watch.

Didn’t you ever date a incredibly beautiful woman who was dumb as a box of rocks?
Sure plenty of times, but I've never dated a woman that showed up at the beach with a snorkel mask and dive flippers/fins and refused to get in the water. A big diving helmet on the caseback and a diving rubber strap are those snorkel and fins.

I wish the would come out publicly and admit they tried to fuck us over and it didn't work, tsk tsk la coolt :)

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am

Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
It was this one

Sure plenty of times, but I've never dated a woman that showed up at the beach with a snorkel mask and dive flippers/fins and refused to get in the water. A big diving helmet on the caseback and a diving rubber strap are those snorkel and fins.

I wish the would come out publicly and admit they tried to fuck us over and it didn't work, tsk tsk la coolt :)
Still beautiful and she’s willing to sleep with me, so I’m happy.

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:27 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:25 am
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
It was this one

There are plenty of beautiful women who will go down... underwater. No need to pay for the ones who won't 😂

hoppyjr
HJ

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:29 am

Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
It was this one

There are plenty of beautiful women who will go down... underwater. No need to pay for the ones who won't Image

Nishant, is that you? :lol:

Panerai7

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:34 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:29 am
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
dinexus wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
toxicavenger wrote:[quote=hoppyjr post_id=1255642 time=1534350431 user_id=2483]
It was this one

There are plenty of beautiful women who will go down... underwater. No need to pay for the ones who won't Image

Nishant, is that you? :lol:
[/quote]

He's busy collecting fountain pens and Alden wingtips, I'm just filling in ;)