toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Oak and Oscar No1 limited edition

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:16 pm

Champagne InHand

Re: Oak and Oscar No1 limited edition

Post by Champagne InHand » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:42 pm

I don’t seem to really like the aesthetics of this watch. Plus it’s quite expensive for a micro. Just my thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Mm... I want to find something from them I want to buy, but I just can't justify the cost for that brand yet. Nothing really compelling other than social media street cred.
:htfu:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:36 pm

I like white and orange together, but not at that price.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:18 am

Looks nice. Always suspicious when companies release a new chronograph and don't show a profile photo.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:59 am

Gotta give Chase credit. Whether it is good marketing/luck or a combo of both, he has been able to sell watches well above what most micros charge and seems to be doing well with it. I don’t know if I personally see the worth in it at those prices, but that’s irrelevant. Dude should ride the wave as long as he can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:04 am

They are not for me at those prices. Seems kinda absurd actually.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:07 am

meh
https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:44 am

aaaand stainless is sold out...

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:49 am

OMG 'Its meant to be enjoyed amongst friends".....Damn thats a great feature of the watch...LOL OK

"Stainless Steel is limited to only 25 pieces and is the first release in a collection of highly limited timepieces with unique colorways and playful design explorations meant to be enjoyed amongst friends"
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

giosdad

Post by giosdad » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:53 am

I've handled every one of his watches except for this one and have to say they are all well made, solid watches. I have met and spoken to Chase a few times and he was a good guy to talk to and passionate about his product. I don't own any because at those price points I always felt I could be buying or putting money towards something else. He seems to be doing well regardless and has a good following. Only time will tell how long it can be sustained. .
Regards
Barry

Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Name: Joe

Post by Joeprez » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:09 pm

giosdad wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:53 am
I've handled every one of his watches except for this one and have to say they are all well made, solid watches. I have met and spoken to Chase a few times and he was a good guy to talk to and passionate about his product. I don't own any because at those price points I always felt I could be buying or putting money towards something else. He seems to be doing well regardless and has a good following. Only time will tell how long it can be sustained. .
This.

I've had a couple of conversations with him during the release of the GMT model... really liked it, but as mentioned, I've always felt the price is on the high side for a micro (you can grab a used Speedy for a little more than the asking price of the Jackson) :shrug:

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Doxa / Seiko

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:50 pm

Looks nice, but I'm not rich enough to spend that kinda money on a micro.

oakandoscar
Name: Chase Fancher

Post by oakandoscar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 am

hey everyone! This is Chase, founder of Oak & Oscar. I'm excited to see folks talking about the Batch Collection!

If I may, I'd like to give everyone some additional background on this concept. We sent out an email to just the owners of our watches talking about our love for the vintage watches that were born from collaborations with other, non-watch brands (think Volvo + Heuer). They were typically not available to the general public and involved a fun tweak on an existing design. There's just something special about those watches - charming almost.

We all love this hobby because watches are just flat out cool (no one here would disagree with that...) but what I also love about this hobby is the sense of community and friendship that comes along with it. I've meet some of my best friends through watches and wanted to celebrate that idea with the Batch Collection. So, we created the Batch No1, a matte-white dial, no date chronograph (both things we've never done before) and sent it to our owners and encouraged them to share it with their friends. We haven't published it on our website and the only way to get access is through the community sharing the link.

We love the concept and are proud of it. Hopefully that helps give you guys a little bit more of an understanding of what we're doing! And if you don't like it, thats ok too! We all have different tastes and preferences, but in the end, at least we all like watches!

Oh, and I'm happy to also discuss the price of our watches. We're very open about what we do and want to promote transparency in what is typically a very closed off industry. Maybe I'll respond to a few of the previously written comments specifically?

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 am

Welcome, Chase! We always welcome transparency from brands and open dialogue. Love the attitude and hope you stick around.
:htfu:

dukerules

Post by dukerules » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 am

Hi, Chase. I'm a big fan of your watches. The designs, cool movements, and all the special details you pack into your watches make them standouts for me. Your story is also inspiring, and I applaud you for taking a lot of chances and pursuing your dreams. While I'm on a tight watch budget these days, I would love to own a Jackson, or really any of your pieces.

oakandoscar

Post by oakandoscar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 am

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:27 am
Welcome, Chase! We always welcome transparency from brands and open dialogue. Love the attitude and hope you stick around.
Thanks Matt! I'm here if anyone wants to ask me a question, good or bad!

oakandoscar

Post by oakandoscar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:03 pm

dukerules wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:58 am
Hi, Chase. I'm a big fan of your watches. The designs, cool movements, and all the special details you pack into your watches make them standouts for me. Your story is also inspiring, and I applaud you for taking a lot of chances and pursuing your dreams. While I'm on a tight watch budget these days, I would love to own a Jackson, or really any of your pieces.
Hey man! The same "dukerules" from IG I assume? If so, I've been following you for years!

And thanks for the kind words! We're all about making "no little plans" and try to operate with that perspective in every way we can. No one expected a small company like Oak & Oscar to make a 60-hour, manually wound flyback chronograph and wanted to show folks that we could! Heck, no one thought we could sell the Burnham either. Luckily, there are folks out there who believe in what we're doing, see the extra value we provide (high quality movements, great service, amazing accessories) and support us. Thats probably what we're most proud of - having the support from guys like you.