Sinn T1 Blue?

Discussion of Sinn watches.
goaliechris
Name: Chris

Sinn T1 Blue?

Post by goaliechris » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 am

Just realized this exists (late to the party) and thinking seriously about it. Anyone currently own this watch or have handled and have any thoughts to share? How does it wear compared to the U1?

Still have a watch to sell so I have some time to make a decision but really liking the look of this one.

Thanks,
Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spring-diver
Name: Shannon

Re: Sinn T1 Blue?

Post by spring-diver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:15 am

Hey Chris,

I own a T1 B & a T1, plus a U1 Professional to compare them. IMO there is no comparison in comfort... T1 series for the win! With the thinner case & case back it just wears perfectly on the wrist. The curved mid case really help with this. The Grade 5 titanium has held up great so far too, they still look mint after a year, I’m the second owner on both of them. Only the clasp shows a few swirlies on my T1B (non tegimented) my T1 came with a tegimented clasp and still looks new!

The bi colored lume is very cool too, and it lasts all night. Both T1’s & U1 P use upgraded lume compared to the U1 series.

Bezel action is excellent on both T1’s as well. Very precise clicks (60). It’s a push to turn design so it never moves unless you turn it.

The Ti bracelet is super comfortable, but I wear mine on the Sinn silicone with large clasp... love it Image

Case really hugs the wrist

It’s an awesome watch design and I highly recommend them.

Let me know if you need more answers, I’ll be glad to enable Image

Cheers
Shannon

Seiko: SBDB001, SBDX001, SRP777

Sinn: EZM9, T1, T1B, 836 & 857S

:cheers:

goaliechris
Name: Chris

Post by goaliechris » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:47 am

Shannon - great info, thanks for taking the time to reply! This is very helpful - especially since you’ve owned those models. It’s a great looking watch - can’t believe I hadn’t really looked at it. I’ve flirted with buying a U1 for years and never pulled the trigger. The T1 might get me to.

Thanks!

spring-diver

Post by spring-diver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:58 am

Your welcome Chris

I’ll add side by side photos when I get home

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Wow. Those are great. Liked seeing those pics. I’m sold on the blue, fits the Watch well. Great alternative to a Pelagos and probably better proportions in fact.
What’s that little circle at 6 on the dial
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Ruggs
Name: Andrew

Post by Ruggs » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:12 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:Wow. Those are great. Liked seeing those pics. I’m sold on the blue, fits the Watch well. Great alternative to a Pelagos and probably better proportions in fact.
Ar. It designates the moisture absorbing tech that Sinn uses. https://www.sinn.de/mobile/en/Ar-Dehumi ... nology.htm

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 pm

I was going to call shannon in to answer these questions. glad he beat me to it.

spring-diver

Post by spring-diver » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:33 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 pm
I was going to call shannon in to answer these questions. glad he beat me to it.
Thanks Terry :salute:

After owning these T1’s a few months I can’t believe they’re not more popular in the watch community. Ridiculously comfortable and legible. Sinn does titanium very well IMO! Especially the tegimented EZM9. I just love that dark titanium and after 7 months new to me, it still looks mint condition :thumbsup:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:44 pm

spring-diver wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:33 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:15 pm
Thanks Terry :salute:

After owning these T1’s a few months I can’t believe they’re not more popular in the watch community. Ridiculously comfortable and legible. Sinn does titanium very well IMO! Especially the tegimented EZM9. I just love that dark titanium and after 7 months new to me, it still looks mint condition :thumbsup:
That is the same way I feel about the older Seiko AGS. They don't get any love either and they are super comfy. :cheers:

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:23 pm

Ruggs wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:Wow. Those are great. Liked seeing those pics. I’m sold on the blue, fits the Watch well. Great alternative to a Pelagos and probably better proportions in fact.
Ar. It designates the moisture absorbing tech that Sinn uses. https://www.sinn.de/mobile/en/Ar-Dehumi ... nology.htm

Ah dang it. That same crap capsule I had on a 358 I guess. I hate all those models with the gimmick tech like this and oil filled case.
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

ncstate1201
Name: Geoff B

Post by ncstate1201 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:10 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Ruggs wrote:

Ah dang it. That same crap capsule I had on a 358 I guess. I hate all those models with the gimmick tech like this and oil filled case.
I also dont typically care for the Ar gas...all of these things mean trouble to me when servicing...can only go certain places...but just my opinion and one reason I have had them in the past but recently avoided them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:49 am

Jeep99dad wrote:
Ruggs wrote:

FWIW; I contacted RGM about a year ago and inquired about replacing the capsule. As I recall it’s about $150 for a replacement capsule and pressure test, so not a big deal IMO.