Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
vanguardstraps
Name: Ahmad

Re: Tudor aftermarket rubber straps

Post by vanguardstraps » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:25 am

andrema wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 am

Regarding the Pelagos springbars, wouldn’t the springbar tip dimensions matter more than bar diameter? I mean, you can use any bar that fits the strap, as long as the tips fit securely into the lug holes, right? Am I missing something?
We have to really check, so far the idea of the 1.5mm spring bar is just an idea from another user based on the location of the spring bar begin a little further from the case on the Pelagos. However I would defiantly rather invest and develop a purpose made strap for the pelagos if there is any modification or bending required to the spring bar. Right now Rolex straps are almost done, after which we will start with he BB36 and then maybe the Pelagos or fifty eight right after.
CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 am
Thanks for checking in, Ahmad. Welcome to DWC. We may be a little blunt some times, but we'll always give you our honest opinion Please stick around and keep us updated on your upcoming products.
That's cool, the way I see it there's always room for improvement so its good to hear from the watch community. Glad to be a part of DWC.
Mr_Pacman wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Hi Ahmad,

Any plans to make rubber straps that fit the Tudor Chronograph cases from the 90's and 2000's. The case numbers are 79260 etc.

James
To be completely honest with you I don't think we will. Reason why is because we invest in new tooling for each model and it can get really expensive and vintage Tudor's are too far and few between.

On the plus side, I know a lot of vintage Tudors are compatible with Rolex bracelets. If that's the case with the 79260 then maybe our upcoming Submariner strap might fit.

ps: we went this standard 120/80 for the strap length but that doesnt accommodate larger wrists so we will introduce longer straps later this year.

Ahmad

outtatime
Name: Jon

Post by outtatime » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:24 am

Do you have pictures of the straps on the deployant?
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

vanguardstraps
Name: Ahmad

Post by vanguardstraps » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:07 pm

Here it is on the oem deployant.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkKtmABl5Qt ... g1vg472e2p

One comment that I've received is the strap length doesn't match the oem strap and thus the oem deployant isn't centered as well as oem. This was intentional as most black bay and all heritage chrono owners buy their watches on a bracelet and thus will stick with the standard tang buckle.