President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Tudor aftermarket rubber straps

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:34 pm

CGSshorty
Admin

Re: Tudor aftermarket rubber straps

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:17 pm

They look good with the deployant. Their buckle looks like shit.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:22 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:18 pm
They look good with the deployant. Their buckle looks like shit.
yes it does look cheap-o-hell

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Would it kill these rubber strap makers to provide an XL version too?

Isofrane would make me happy if they simply gave us an optional buckle side that was 15-20mm longer. The tongue side could be the same.

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:18 pm

Saw these a few days ago. None for the Pelagos, sup wirh that
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Isofrane would make me happy if they simply gave us an optional buckle side that was 15-20mm longer. The tongue side could be the same.
I believe my wrist (7.75") is larger than yours and I have no issue with the length of Isofranes. I had to add a link to a couple bracelets I got from you. An extra 15-20mm would be great for a silverback gorilla. Both Toxic Magnums and Borofranes are slightly longer.
No, it's not Tourettes.

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:53 am

Thanks for the post - i may go for one of these for my heritage chrono. I tried the crafter blue strap for the black bay thinking it would work, but it was a no go. The springbars were just a half mm from being able to go in.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:10 am

ChuckW wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

I believe my wrist (7.75") is larger than yours and I have no issue with the length of Isofranes. I had to add a link to a couple bracelets I got from you. An extra 15-20mm would be great for a silverback gorilla. Both Toxic Magnums and Borofranes are slightly longer.
Ed just likes to complain.
David St. Hubbins

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 am

ChuckW wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Since I typically didn’t wear bracelets, it’s no wonder you needed to add a link. My wrist is 8” most days, but does shrink the cold.

So The Toxics and Borealis rubbers are longer than Isofrane?

When I wore Isofrane, there was plenty of tongue but the buckle was never centered under my wrist.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:35 am
When I wore Isofrane, there was plenty of tongue
Ordering an Isofrane right now...

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:43 am

hoppyjr wrote:
ChuckW wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Since I typically didn’t wear bracelets, it’s no wonder you needed to add a link. My wrist is 8” most days, but does shrink the cold.

When I wore Isofrane, there was plenty of tongue but the buckle was never centered under my wrist.
Precisely same situation with me. I have to have a buckle in the center or towards 6 o'clock. Isofrane didn't do that.
Needs to be 90mm on the buckle side (not including the buckle) not just longer tail

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:06 am

hoppyjr wrote:
ChuckW wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:

Borealis specs are 130/75mm. Toxic is 128/74.
No, it's not Tourettes.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:27 am

To make the best rubber strap you need 4 different sizes to appease everyone. And then think of all the returns because people can't measure, what a nightmare! No thanks!

I do think Barton Bands does a silicon strap with that comes with a short side and a extra long side.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:38 am

logan2z wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:37 am
hoppyjr wrote:
When I wore Isofrane, there was plenty of tongue
Ordering an Isofrane right now...
:roll:

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:58 pm

I can't help but wonder – with all the new rubber strap makers cropping up (a'la Everest), aren't these all getting squirted outta the same moulds somewhere in either Italy or Switzerland?
I just grabbed a "Zealande" strap for my SMPO via Watch Obsession, and it's basically identical to the Everest one.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 pm

dinexus wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:58 pm
I can't help but wonder – with all the new rubber strap makers cropping up (a'la Everest), aren't these all getting squirted outta the same moulds somewhere in either Italy or Switzerland?
I just grabbed a "Zealande" strap for my SMPO via Watch Obsession, and it's basically identical to the Everest one.
The way it seems to happen is someone comes up with a design and pays anywhere from 2.5k-5k for the molds to be built. Then they have to buy 5K worth of straps. Then the manufacture offers the molds to other companies out the backdoor. Pretty shitty honestly.

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:20 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 pm
dinexus wrote:
The way it seems to happen is someone comes up with a design and pays anywhere from 2.5k-5k for the molds to be built. Then they have to buy 5K worth of straps. Then the manufacture offers the molds to other companies out the backdoor. Pretty shitty honestly.
Kinda figured that was the situation. No different from case manufacturers I guess.

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:38 pm

dinexus wrote:
Yeah, definitely somewhere in Italy or Switzerland 😂

https://m.dhgate.com/product/factory-su ... 2954457296

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:41 pm

Panerai7 wrote:
dinexus wrote:
Yeah, definitely somewhere in Italy or Switzerland Image

FFS, even aftermarket rubber straps are faked?
- Todd

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:15 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:41 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
dinexus wrote:

Actually yes. And some of the dudes on Alibaba steal pics and sell you a different item. Guess how I know that? :banghead:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:31 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
dinexus wrote:

Fake Panerai straps are everywhere.
David St. Hubbins

vanguardstraps
Name: Ahmad

Post by vanguardstraps » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I noticed traffic coming from your forum and found this thread and I thought I would pop in to answer a couple of points you guys raised. I hope this isn't in violation of any forum rules.

The Buckle
To say its cheap implies its low quality which its not. I do however admit its pretty basic and is something I'm working on changing, I'd love to hear some of your suggestions if you have any. The main reason we went with this buckle is because we were focused on the strap itself and getting the fitment exactly how we wanted took longer than we anticipated. prototype after prototype when it was finally done we just went with the buckle we saw best suited the Tudor look to not delay our launch any further. The design is basic but it does not lack quality, good enough while get on our feet and make something more substantial.

Open mold, copy cats etc.
I 100% agree with you guys on this. When looking for a supplier I was offered what was obviously a RubberB design by more than 1 mold maker. Our design is propriety, we invested a lot of money in creating the molds. It would have been a lot cheaper and less time intensive than to go with what is an open mold and slap my logo on it. (this only applies to Rolex, no one as far as i'm aware has anything like that for Tudor)

I can get into details about every design decision that went into that process, why circle and not squared tang holes, why a 4mm taper, etc. One thing rubber straps across different manufacturers have in common is the protruding center section, this is because the oyster bracelet is largely where these straps take inspiration from. (we took the same route for our upcoming Rolex straps).

Longer straps & Pelagos fitment
Longer straps are defiantly planned, but because they require a new set of tools and mold it in itself as another investment equal to the first strap so its postponed for now and we went with the industry standard size.

Funny thing is you can fit a Pelagos bracelet on a black bay but not the other way around. I believe our straps will fit the Pelagos provided we use a 1.5mm spring bar instead of the 1.8mm. I have yet to get my hands on a Pelagos to confirm this but when I do I will make sure to announce it as a Pelagos variant has been requested multiple times.

If you guys have any questions or anything you want me to expand on I'd happy to answer you. I'll try to keep an eye on this account and if anything you can email me on our website.

Cheers,
Ahmad

andrema
Bean Counter Extraordinaire
Name: William Drayton, Jr.

Tudor aftermarket rubber straps

Post by andrema » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 am

vanguardstraps wrote:Hi Guys,

I noticed traffic coming from your forum and found this thread and I thought I would pop in to answer a couple of points you guys raised. I hope this isn't in violation of any forum rules.

The Buckle
To say its cheap implies its low quality which its not. I do however admit its pretty basic and is something I'm working on changing, I'd love to hear some of your suggestions if you have any. The main reason we went with this buckle is because we were focused on the strap itself and getting the fitment exactly how we wanted took longer than we anticipated. prototype after prototype when it was finally done we just went with the buckle we saw best suited the Tudor look to not delay our launch any further. The design is basic but it does not lack quality, good enough while get on our feet and make something more substantial.

Open mold, copy cats etc.
I 100% agree with you guys on this. When looking for a supplier I was offered what was obviously a RubberB design by more than 1 mold maker. Our design is propriety, we invested a lot of money in creating the molds. It would have been a lot cheaper and less time intensive than to go with what is an open mold and slap my logo on it. (this only applies to Rolex, no one as far as i'm aware has anything like that for Tudor)

I can get into details about every design decision that went into that process, why circle and not squared tang holes, why a 4mm taper, etc. One thing rubber straps across different manufacturers have in common is the protruding center section, this is because the oyster bracelet is largely where these straps take inspiration from. (we took the same route for our upcoming Rolex straps).

Longer straps & Pelagos fitment
Longer straps are defiantly planned, but because they require a new set of tools and mold it in itself as another investment equal to the first strap so its postponed for now and we went with the industry standard size.

Funny thing is you can fit a Pelagos bracelet on a black bay but not the other way around. I believe our straps will fit the Pelagos provided we use a 1.5mm spring bar instead of the 1.8mm. I have yet to get my hands on a Pelagos to confirm this but when I do I will make sure to announce it as a Pelagos variant has been requested multiple times.

If you guys have any questions or anything you want me to expand on I'd happy to answer you. I'll try to keep an eye on this account and if anything you can email me on our website.

Cheers,
Ahmad
Regarding the Pelagos springbars, wouldn’t the springbar tip dimensions matter more than bar diameter? I mean, you can use any bar that fits the strap, as long as the tips fit securely into the lug holes, right? Am I missing something?
Last edited by andrema on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:38 am

Thanks for checking in, Ahmad. Welcome to DWC. We may be a little blunt some times, but we'll always give you our honest opinion Please stick around and keep us updated on your upcoming products.
David St. Hubbins

Mr_Pacman
Name: James

Post by Mr_Pacman » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Hi Ahmad,

Any plans to make rubber straps that fit the Tudor Chronograph cases from the 90's and 2000's. The case numbers are 79260 etc.

James