Here's an interesting new motorcyle

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Here's an interesting new motorcyle

Post by Sidheguitarist » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:42 pm

The Yamaha "Niken" (two sword, from my martial arts days, eg. Musashi's dual wield) The concept was proven years ago by Piaggio with their MP3 line of scooters, so it's not a new idea, but it is definitely a leap forward in performance. The front is where you want all your traction, for sure.

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport ... 2019/niken

CGSshorty
Admin

Re: Here's an interesting new motorcyle

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:46 pm

Nope. Can’t do it.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:51 pm

I want one of these.

David St. Hubbins

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:34 pm

CGSshorty wrote:I want one of these.

That looks like a blast!

If you get one, always ride with your badge... For when you get stopped. Image

I also think they make a version with factory bags

Blah blah smrt phone

We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Post by Erratic101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 pm

Sidheguitarist wrote:The Yamaha "Niken" (two sword, from my martial arts days, eg. Musashi's dual wield) The concept was proven years ago by Piaggio with their MP3 line of scooters, so it's not a new idea, but it is definitely a leap forward in performance. The front is where you want all your traction, for sure.

That’s great if you just want to go in a straight line. I can’t see that handling any serious corners.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Erratic101 wrote:
Sidheguitarist wrote:The Yamaha "Niken" (two sword, from my martial arts days, eg. Musashi's dual wield) The concept was proven years ago by Piaggio with their MP3 line of scooters, so it's not a new idea, but it is definitely a leap forward in performance. The front is where you want all your traction, for sure.

That’s great if you just want to go in a straight line. I can’t see that handling any serious corners.
Actually, it is supposed to handle very well.
David St. Hubbins

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:50 pm

Erratic101 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 pm

I read a review on the dual front tire scooters that said the design is great in corners. The rider tried and found it tough to dump in a roundabout. Not sure it it was Yamaha or Vespa or Piaggio. I realize a scooter isn’t a cycle, but the articulated dual front tire/suspension is supposed to be very stable.
The Hapa

Erratic101

Post by Erratic101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:52 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:

I saw that in the video. And it didn’t look like they took those corners with any real speed. There’s no way you get the same kinda lean, angle, and speed in a corner with 2 wheels up front.

Erratic101

Post by Erratic101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:55 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:43 pm

I read a review on the dual front tire scooters that said the design is great in corners. The rider tried and found it tough to dump in a roundabout. Not sure it it was Yamaha or Vespa or Piaggio. I realize a scooter isn’t a cycle, but the articulated dual front tire/suspension is supposed to be very stable.
Don’t get me wrong. I’m sure it is very smooth and stable, but you’re going to give up speed, agility, and plain thrill!! But this comes from someone who ran sport bikes for years and now rides a sport tourer. So speed and hard fast corners is what I like. This may suit other riders perfectly well.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:57 pm

Erratic101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:

I saw that in the video. And it didn’t look like they took those corners with any real speed. There’s no way you get the same kinda lean, angle, and speed in a corner with 2 wheels up front.
Probably true. Also probably true is the dual tires will give lower-skilled riders the confidence to carry more speed into a corner. I don’t think we’ll see these lapping the Isle of Man next year, but I don’t think that’s the point.
David St. Hubbins

Erratic101

Post by Erratic101 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:58 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Erratic101 wrote:

Probably true. Also probably true is the dual tires will give lower-skilled riders the confidence to carry more speed into a corner. I don’t think we’ll see these lapping the Isle of Man next year, but I don’t think that’s the point.
Very true!

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:03 pm

jeckyll wrote:

That looks like a blast!

If you get one, always ride with your badge... For when you get stopped. Image

I also think they make a version with factory bags

Blah blah smrt phone
Speaking of hard bags, have you seen the new Kawasaki? Mental.

https://youtu.be/oOJWGRGWZ94
David St. Hubbins

jeckyll

Post by jeckyll » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:29 pm

That H2 touring bike is FUCKING sick!

:D

I love it, but I'd have to have a "get out of jail and keep your license" card. Stack of cards...
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm

jeckyll wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:29 pm

I love it, but I'd have to have a "get out of jail and keep your license" card. Stack of cards...
I think you've exhausted your lifetime supply... :lol:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

jeckyll

Post by jeckyll » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:33 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm
jeckyll wrote:

I think you've exhausted your lifetime supply... :lol:
You know nothing ... :)

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:23 am

jeckyll wrote:

I'd be ripping around at top speed just to hear the supercharger howling.
David St. Hubbins

Erratic101

Post by Erratic101 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:53 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
jeckyll wrote:

Speaking of hard bags, have you seen the new Kawasaki? Mental.

https://youtu.be/oOJWGRGWZ94
Ok! I’ve never been a Kawasaki fan, but holy fuckballs this thing is hot and I f’n want one!!

jamesyy5
Name: James

Post by jamesyy5 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:32 am

Yamaha also offers a three-wheel scooter, Tricity, looks really cool. The Yamaha Tricity is available in two variants 125cc and 300cc. The Yamaha Tricity 125 gets a single-cylinder engine that generates 9.0 kW of peak power. It comes with v-belt type transmission and its engine is liquid-cooled. Its wet weight is 164 kg and its seat height is 780 mm. I recently read an article on motowag about this 125cc scooter that claims it will be soon launched in more countries. The latest model of the Tricity 125 comes in three colours and it meets the EURO4 emission compliance norms.