hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: WRUW 7/6/18

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:10 pm

JDC222 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 pm
I’ve heard of 4chan but have no idea what it is. I think I’m glad I don’t know.

4chan is an English-language imageboard website. Users generally post anonymously, with the most recent posts appearing above the rest. 4chan is split into various boards with their own specific content and guidelines. Registration is not possible (except for staff).

Launched on October 1, 2003, the site was modeled on Japanese imageboards, particularly Futaba Channel. 4chan's first boards were originally primarily used for posting pictures and discussing manga and anime. The site quickly became popular, expanded, and now features boards dedicated to a wide variety of topics, from anime/manga to videogames, music, literature, fitness, politics, and sports.

The site has been linked to Internet subcultures and activism groups, most notably Anonymous, the alt-right and Project Chanology.[3][4][5] 4chan users have been responsible for the formation or popularization of Internet memes such as lolcats, Rickrolling, "Chocolate Rain", Pedobear, and many others. The site's "Random" board, also known as "/b/", was the first board to be created, and is the one that receives the most traffic.[6][7] The Random board has minimal rules on posted content. Gawker once jokingly claimed that "reading /b/ will melt your brain".[8] The site's anonymous community and culture have often provoked media attention.

4chan users have been instrumental in pranks such as hijacking Internet destinations to cause images of Rick Astley to appear in place of their content, coordinating attacks against other websites and Internet users, and posting threats of violence in order to elicit individual and public reactions. The Guardian once summarized the 4chan community as "lunatic, juvenile ... brilliant, ridiculous and alarming".[9]

So it’s basically an Internet forum for assholes.

hollywoodphil

Post by hollywoodphil » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:12 pm

Same as yesterday. I have a crush. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:19 pm

hollywoodphil wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:12 pm
Same as yesterday. I have a crush. Image

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Glad you're enjoying your new "crush"... :thumbsup:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.