Name: Roger

Re: WRUW 7/6/18

Post by BacoNoir » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Chocodove wrote:
hans wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 am
Range day with the wife.

Sounds like my kind of Friday! What did you shoot?
G19 and G30 for today :thumbsup:
Love my G30. Great grip size yet still a concealable double stack IMHO.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:01 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
hans wrote:
Chocodove wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 am
Range day with the wife.

Sounds like my kind of Friday! What did you shoot?
G19 and G30 for today :thumbsup:
Love my G30. Great grip size yet still a concealable double stack IMHO.
That’s what my wife says🤣Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:18 pm

hans wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:12 pm
BacoNoir wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:26 pm
The mods should be able to do an IP lookup to see where he’s posting from, but IMHO it’s not needed to send him packing. He seems to think his opinion is the only possible correct one, which is often the case with immature troll posters. Add me to the choir chanting for a ban on this tool.
Yeah do an IP look-up buddy! I pray for your sake you're not in the same jurisdiction if you try and dox me! Next!
I think it's time to go....
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:23 pm

This is like 5th grade?!
Leave the guy alone.
If he is really a troll, or whatever bad guy you think he is, ignore him and he’ll go away...
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Fwiw, I like Hans, and think many here need to remember that this forum isn't just for the present members.

He asked me to delete his account because of the response from many here, but I'd prefer he stick around and that the rest of the forum lighten up. Not everyone is a cookie cutter copy of your ideal forum participant.
:htfu:

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:45 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:42 pm
Fwiw, I like Hans, and think many here need to remember that this forum isn't just for the present members.

He asked me to delete his account because of the response from many here, but I'd prefer he stick around and that the rest of the forum lighten up. Not everyone is a cookie cutter copy of your ideal forum participant.
Agreed, but...statements such as "Yeah do an IP look-up buddy! I pray for your sake you're not in the same jurisdiction if you try and dox me! Next!" are NOT welcome...
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:56 pm

matt.wu wrote:Fwiw, I like Hans, and think many here need to remember that this forum isn't just for the present members.

Your forum = your rules.

That said, I think he’s a jackass.

jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Name: Björn

Post by jeckyll » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:59 pm

matt.wu wrote:

New Blood is definitely good, always nice to get some new opinions and members from different areas with different interests. And it's key to allow new members to find their feet and not dog-piling and hazing them.

Having said that, it's a bit like showing up in a neighbourhood bar that has a bunch of regulars. Come in, and start talking over everyone and trying to manipulate every conversation, people are likely going to take notice. Not in a good way.

He got some pushback and now he's packing up his toys and going home. :shrug: If he'd said "Sorry guys, did want to come off like a jerk, let me start over" I think that would have been a great approach.

Right now, no great loss.

My $0.02 Canadian and all ;)
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:00 pm

The IP address comment looked like a threat, but I’m not 100% on what he meant. Either way he was more annoying than I could be even if I tried.
The Hapa

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm

jeckyll wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:59 pm
matt.wu wrote:

New Blood is definitely good, always nice to get some new opinions and members from different areas with different interests. And it's key to allow new members to find their feet and not dog-piling and hazing them.

Having said that, it's a bit like showing up in a neighbourhood bar that has a bunch of regulars. Come in, and start talking over everyone and trying to manipulate every conversation, people are likely going to take notice. Not in a good way.

He got some pushback and now he's packing up his toys and going home. :shrug: If he'd said "Sorry guys, did want to come off like a jerk, let me start over" I think that would have been a great approach.

You forgot the "sorry" Bjorn...

Winston Churchill.

jeckyll

Post by jeckyll » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:06 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:04 pm
jeckyll wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

But I'm not sorry Dave :)
We all have the same enemy. The enemy is the tyranny of the dull mind. - - Tom Robbins

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:08 pm

JDC222 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Agreed, but...statements such as "Yeah do an IP look-up buddy! I pray for your sake you're not in the same jurisdiction if you try and dox me! Next!" are NOT welcome...
You guys pushed him.
So he pushed back and you complain ??
You dish it out.. take it too... Image

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:09 pm

jeckyll wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:06 pm
JDC222 wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

I know that Bjorn, nor should you be but...you still need to include at least one "sorry" !!
Winston Churchill.

jeckyll

Post by jeckyll » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:10 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:09 pm
jeckyll wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:06 pm
JDC222 wrote:
jeckyll wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

I know that Bjorn, nor should you be but...you still need to include at least one "sorry" !!
Fuck that. I'm a FOB Canadian, so no, I don't need to have at least one :gayumbrella:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:12 pm

He was annoying. Some of you guys need to learn to ignore annoying behavior.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:20 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:08 pm
JDC222 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

You guys pushed him.
He's new, he's annoying, so he got a ribbing...

I'm not complaining, actually I could really care less.

In my opinion, there is a difference between pushing back and saying "I pray for your sake you're not in the same jurisdiction..."

Let the weasel run amok!!
Winston Churchill.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:24 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

You guys pushed him.

In my opinion, there is a difference between pushing back and saying "I pray for your sake you're not in the same jurisdiction..."

You pay him too much attention.
And you guys have been all over him. Better off ignoring imho but you all do as you see fit Image enough time spent on this for me.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:29 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

You guys pushed him.

You pay him too much attention.
And you guys have been all over him. Better off ignoring imho but you all do as you see fit Image enough time spent on this for me.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish with your defense of this guy, but he deserved the negative attention.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:37 pm

He seemed like a classic 4chan guy based on some of his comments and the terminology he used, not to mention he linked the site in his profile at one point. Not good, not bad...just weirdly different.
- Todd

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 pm

I’ve heard of 4chan but have no idea what it is. I think I’m glad I don’t know.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:45 pm

jeckyll wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

Exactly this.
www.simplynoble.net

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:46 pm

CGSshorty wrote:I’ve heard of 4chan but have no idea what it is. I think I’m glad I don’t know.
It’s trash. Lowest common denominator type stuff for the most part.
- Todd

BacoNoir

Post by BacoNoir » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:48 pm

JDC222 wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
JDC222 wrote:
matt.wu wrote:

You guys pushed him.

I missed that comment but it’s in line with my assumption that he’s a young kid trolling and looking for attention.
www.simplynoble.net

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:50 pm

Had a feeling from his "too descriptive" original signature on the first day he wouldn't be around long.
Last edited by 59yukon01 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:51 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 pm
I’ve heard of 4chan but have no idea what it is. I think I’m glad I don’t know.

4chan is an English-language imageboard website. Users generally post anonymously, with the most recent posts appearing above the rest. 4chan is split into various boards with their own specific content and guidelines. Registration is not possible (except for staff).

Launched on October 1, 2003, the site was modeled on Japanese imageboards, particularly Futaba Channel. 4chan's first boards were originally primarily used for posting pictures and discussing manga and anime. The site quickly became popular, expanded, and now features boards dedicated to a wide variety of topics, from anime/manga to videogames, music, literature, fitness, politics, and sports.

The site has been linked to Internet subcultures and activism groups, most notably Anonymous, the alt-right and Project Chanology.[3][4][5] 4chan users have been responsible for the formation or popularization of Internet memes such as lolcats, Rickrolling, "Chocolate Rain", Pedobear, and many others. The site's "Random" board, also known as "/b/", was the first board to be created, and is the one that receives the most traffic.[6][7] The Random board has minimal rules on posted content. Gawker once jokingly claimed that "reading /b/ will melt your brain".[8] The site's anonymous community and culture have often provoked media attention.

4chan users have been instrumental in pranks such as hijacking Internet destinations to cause images of Rick Astley to appear in place of their content, coordinating attacks against other websites and Internet users, and posting threats of violence in order to elicit individual and public reactions. The Guardian once summarized the 4chan community as "lunatic, juvenile ... brilliant, ridiculous and alarming".[9]
Winston Churchill.