hi

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15953
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: hi

Post by mattcantwin » Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:36 am

tyd450 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:50 am
...tentacle porn...
Tough way to go.


Image
Image

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:40 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 am
Cool another Chicago suburbanite! Welcome. Theres a few of us here that get together every few months and play Barbie dress up with our watches.
Thanks for the welcome! that sounds like a good time. I wouldn't have much to bring to the playdate at this point in my collection but I am always up for meeting new people, especially if a cold beer is involved!

Since you are local, I have to ask... do you have a favorite shop or two that you can recommend in the area? I'm going to check out the CD Peacock in Oak brook sometime soon and I am going to go exploring downtown at some point too.

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 16368
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: hi

Post by JDC222 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:03 am

I will guess that the power hasn't been restored in PR, otherwise Joe would have asked for pics of your wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband.... :ugeek:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34525
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: hi

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:21 am

Welcome :cheers:

How does this make you feel?

Image



If the answer is “aroused” you’ve found the right forum.


User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 2148
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: hi

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am

And just when I think this place can't "do it again"... it does.

Brill.


:thumbsup:
Image

Image

User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 2148
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: hi

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am

:lol:
Image

Image

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25874
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: hi

Post by BBK357 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:53 am

Image
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:46 pm

well shit, my Orient Mako USA II just arrived today and it had a chapter ring and bezel misaligned enough to really bother me so it is getting returned. Seemed like a really nice and solid watch otherwise. The white dial looked great.

I have a Citizen promaster diver on the way to me now, so that is going to hold me over for awhile until I can get the funds saved up for something big.

This is the one I got:

Image


I have had this model in the past on the rubber but never on the bracelet. I hear it is really nice for the money and even has a ratcheting extension on the clasp which should be useful... a poor man's glidelock.

I was hoping the orient would work out but I am kind of glad now.. that's $260 I can put towards the future watch I am saving up for... and I think the citizen is one I will keep as a beater even if I end up getting a seamaster or sub or something

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 15395
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by ericf4 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:55 pm

tyd450 wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:48 am
Cool another Chicago suburbanite! Welcome. Theres a few of us here that get together every few months and play Barbie dress up with our watches.
Thanks for the welcome! that sounds like a good time. I wouldn't have much to bring to the playdate at this point in my collection but I am always up for meeting new people, especially if a cold beer is involved!

Since you are local, I have to ask... do you have a favorite shop or two that you can recommend in the area? I'm going to check out the CD Peacock in Oak brook sometime soon and I am going to go exploring downtown at some point too.
Yeah I like

CD peacock oak Brook
Burdeens
SWISS Fine time downtown
I generally buy though from ADs out of state and they ship...no tax :()

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 5385
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Calunicornia

Re: hi

Post by sierra11b » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:07 pm

What's the shadow bolster slippy make to the far left? Me likey. Also, that custom trapper... Looks like an Oeser almost with those grinds and that micarta. Sweet knives! Welcome to the asylum, brother.

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:47 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:07 pm
What's the shadow bolster slippy make to the far left? Me likey. Also, that custom trapper... Looks like an Oeser almost with those grinds and that micarta. Sweet knives! Welcome to the asylum, brother.
That one is my favorite, it's a Ken Erickson custom "EDC" pattern, 3.5" closed length, covers are ivory westinghouse micarta.

The other one is a Dr. T wharnie trapper in really awesome rag micarta

Image

User avatar
sierra11b
Posts: 5385
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am
Name: Eric
Location: Calunicornia

Re: hi

Post by sierra11b » Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:48 pm

Nice.

I’m a big Westinghouse guy. I have two small sheets just waiting for the time for another custom slipjoint.

I had a Remington bullet rendition from Ken back when he was still getting started. Never owned anything from Dr.T but heard good things and the grinds look great.

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 pm

sierra11b wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:48 pm
Nice.

I’m a big Westinghouse guy. I have two small sheets just waiting for the time for another custom slipjoint.

I had a Remington bullet rendition from Ken back when he was still getting started. Never owned anything from Dr.T but heard good things and the grinds look great.
Ken is one of my favorite makers for sure. I wish I could get my hands on more of his work but it is really hard to find!

User avatar
snootydog
Jagermaster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:49 am
Name: Andy
Location: Littlehampton.West Sussex. England

Re: hi

Post by snootydog » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:47 am

Welcome to the madhouse :cheers:
I'm surprised no one has asked for a pic of your wife yet, but I'm sure they will :lol:
Andy :uj:
Image

User avatar
AntonioPD
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am
Name: Tony
Location: Wheaton, Illinois

Re: hi

Post by AntonioPD » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:34 am

Welcome! The Omega boutique by The Water Tower is worth a visit (talk to Lana if she’s working), as is Seidel and Seidel for their Bremonts and other brands. Pat is right about Peacock (Pat Is usually right about most things); just go on in and look around. If you go up to Razny, ask for Matt or Julio - good guys. And let me know if you want to join in the GTGs Eric mentioned. :salute:
Resistance is the indicator of progress.
- Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Image

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

User avatar
AntonioPD
Posts: 2941
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:49 am
Name: Tony
Location: Wheaton, Illinois

Re: hi

Post by AntonioPD » Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:41 am

PS NEVER buy new. :hand:
Resistance is the indicator of progress.
- Clint Bruce USN (Retired)

Image

Omega PO 8500 45.5, Gruppo Gamma Vanguard A-05, Karlskrona Midnattssol Blue Date, Seiko Save the Ocean Turtle, G-Shock Solar Atomic and GA-100, Movado ESQ

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:51 am

AntonioPD wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:34 am
Welcome! The Omega boutique by The Water Tower is worth a visit (talk to Lana if she’s working), as is Seidel and Seidel for their Bremonts and other brands. Pat is right about Peacock (Pat Is usually right about most things); just go on in and look around. If you go up to Razny, ask for Matt or Julio - good guys. And let me know if you want to join in the GTGs Eric mentioned. :salute:
Thanks for the welcome and info! And good reminder to never buy new. I could see why that would be tempting for someone new to the scene like myself though because it might be seen as less risky.

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:32 pm

Just got the citizen in the mail today. I have had a different version of this one before (blue one on the rubber strap) but decided to try out the black version on the bracelet. Holy crap this is super nice for the money. The bracelet is a nice quality and the ratcheting extension on the clasp is going to be really nice to have when my wrist swells up a bit on hot days.

Image

Image

Image

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:12 pm

Also, knife bros, this showed up today.... Nice mail call day for sure!

Image

User avatar
flyskate
Posts: 1240
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:06 pm
Name: Stephen

Re: hi

Post by flyskate » Tue May 01, 2018 2:13 am

Welcome!!
Stephen

User avatar
tyd450
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:40 am
Name: Tyler
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: hi

Post by tyd450 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:20 pm

removing my long winded post and just going to take it slow and save up for something nice :cheers:
Last edited by tyd450 on Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 4314
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: hi

Post by Grahamcombat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:39 am

Is THIS a discussion thread? Asking for a friend.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aikiman44, demer03, Emeister, mattcantwin, mellonb1, tmw and 60 guests