Austin bombings

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
aztecknight

Austin bombings

Post by aztecknight » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Austin folks good? The bomb tonight hit much closer to home. Rob, I can't remember where you live, but thought it was Southwest Austin like me. I buy a lot of shit from Amazon, this will make getting packages interesting.

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Re: Austin peeps

Post by RALAustin » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 pm

We are OK, but is just down the street from us in our neighborhood and we know all the families that live in the cul de sac. Very scary right now and we are locked down in the neighborhood. We drove by the apparent bomb site a hour or two before coming home from spring break at the beach.

The rumor among neighbors is that it was a real estate sign or Slow Down - Kids playing sign that was not normally there, and one or more bike riders tripped a wire causIng a nail bomb to explode. Who knows what will turn out to be true, but one rumor has one of my sons classmates being injured even though they keep saying 20 something males.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Re: Austin bombings

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:15 pm

This is some evil shit.

I’d have packages delivered to the office until the asshole is caught.

Be safe.

aztecknight

Re: Austin peeps

Post by aztecknight » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 pm

RALAustin wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:05 pm
We are OK, but is just down the street from us in our neighborhood and we know all the families that live in the cul de sac. Very scary right now and we are locked down in the neighborhood. We drove by the apparent bomb site a hour or two before coming home from spring break at the beach.

The rumor among neighbors is that it was a real estate sign or Slow Down - Kids playing sign that was not normally there, and one or more bike riders tripped a wire causIng a nail bomb to explode. Who knows what will turn out to be true, but one rumor has one of my sons classmates being injured even though they keep saying 20 something males.
That's just nuts. I need to get a ring doorbell.

BacoNoir
Name: Roger

Post by BacoNoir » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:46 pm

F! Sounds like some evil and cowardly shit.
www.simplynoble.net
Time Magazine Person of the Year - 2006

Captdave
Name: Dave

Post by Captdave » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:50 pm

Hope they catch the sicko soon! Stay safe guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:25 am

aztecknight wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 pm

That's just nuts. I need to get a ring doorbell.

I just installed one. Definitely gives me a little piece of mind.

Stay safe out there.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:20 am

I put an Arlo camera system in my house. I have 4 cameras so I’m alerted if anyone approaches my house from all sides. Great investment.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

hobbit712
Name: Steve

Post by hobbit712 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:14 am

CGSshorty wrote:I put an Arlo camera system in my house. I have 4 cameras so I’m alerted if anyone approaches my house from all sides. Great investment.
+1

I have 4 Arlo cameras as well. The one at the front door is a Arlo Pro. I can listen and talk to anyone at the door.

I also have a Pro at my cabin in NC. Lets me keep an eye on it from afar. Image

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://watchidiotsavants3.godaddysites.com/
instagram @watchidiotsavants

Chase after the dream, don't chase after the money

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:11 pm

That's fucking whack!!!

59yukon01
1.21 gigawatts?!
Name: David

Post by 59yukon01 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 pm

This is just as sick as the psychos dropping large stones off of overpasses. WTF is wrong with people today.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:06 pm

With all that's been going on for a while now. We had a flashlight bomber in Phoenix, when a person turned it on, it exploded. I've been taking Chief Manley's advise, seriously.

For example, while I was walking Calvin. I saw a back pack sitting just off the sidewalk. Pulled the boy back, telling him not a good idea. Called the Sheriff's dept. to report the find. Three deputies and a Sgt arrived. Thank goodness it was a empty pack with a name tag in it.

When Calvin was with me. While walking the perimeter, I found a dog biscuit along the fence line. Calvin went to sniff it, so I quickly kicked it, and unfortunately it went into some rocks. I went to find it, figure I'd send it in, but it fell too deep to find. I've always been, or try to be, real careful with the dogs!

Lots of messed up people out there.
Lance

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:55 pm

^ while a good move to keep Calvin from the biscuit, no need to “send it in” as they won’t process a random dog treat.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:20 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:55 pm
^ while a good move to keep Calvin from the biscuit, no need to “send it in” as they won’t process a random dog treat.

Thanks! It was awhile back when he was still with me, but still good to know.
Lance

RALAustin
Name: Rob

Post by RALAustin » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:25 am

So things seems to be getting back to normal and then a package bomb exploded early this morning at a Fed Ex facility south of Austin. Early report is the package was addressed to and from Austin.

hobbit712

Post by hobbit712 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:40 am

So f'ed up.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 am

Someone proposed on ABC's Good Morning America today that the Austin perpetrator could be doing this in response to the call to action for increased gun control measures. Kind of a taunt in the vein of "So you want to ban certain guns? Well, look how many people I can hurt with bombs."

Personally, I'm kind of bothered by this kind of statement. As far as I know, there is no evidence even suggesting this motive. Having someone suggest it on a nationally broadcast morning news program does nothing more than put this idea in some wacko's head.

Plus, regardless of what side of the fence you stand on the discussion of gun legislation, this kind of supposition is just divisive. It doesn't help either side come to a compromise.

Everyone wants to have an eloquent reason "why" someone does something bad, but in reality the answer is often just that the person is a sick bastard and gets their jollies out of hurting and killing people.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 am

Insane

I don’t see how they haven’t caught the person

DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:12 am

BBK357 wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:03 am
Insane

I don’t see how they haven’t caught the person

Well, the Unibomber was active from 1978 to 1995.

I'm certain it is more difficult that people think, as it is now such a common sight to see cardboard boxes on people's doorsteps or mailboxes.

This latest FEDEX explosion might be something as FEDEX barcodes every packages and can likely track the label back to the specific PC / printer that printed it. If there is CCTV in the office where the label was printed, authorities might be able to get a photo of the person who brought the box in to the FEDEX office, and maybe even a license plate if the FEDEX office has CCTV in their parking lot.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:14 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Someone proposed on ABC's Good Morning America today that the Austin perpetrator could be doing this in response to the call to action for increased gun control measures. Kind of a taunt in the vein of "So you want to ban certain guns? Well, look how many people I can hurt with bombs."

Personally, I'm kind of bothered by this kind of statement. As far as I know, there is no evidence even suggesting this motive. Having someone suggest it on a nationally broadcast morning news program does nothing more than put this idea in some wacko's head.

Plus, regardless of what side of the fence you stand on the discussion of gun legislation, this kind of supposition is just divisive. It doesn't help either side come to a compromise.

Everyone wants to have an eloquent reason "why" someone does something bad, but in reality the answer is often just that the person is a sick bastard and gets their jollies out of hurting and killing people.
It's almost as if the media is totally biased and loves to stir the pot in order to make things worse :scratch:

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:26 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:14 am
Ryeguy wrote:

It's almost as if the media is totally biased and loves to stir the pot in order to make things worse :scratch:
Nothing gets ratings like scare tactics, conflicts, and drama.

Never forget those TV anchors and reporters we rely on for news are all members of the Screen Actors Guild.

hobbit712

Post by hobbit712 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:59 am

Ryeguy wrote:
.......the Austin perpetrator could be doing this in response to the call to action for increased gun control measures. Kind of a taunt in the vein of "So you want to ban certain guns? Well, look how many people I can hurt with bombs."

This thought crossed my mind as well.

But it's likely your last thought.

Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Name: Michael

Post by Sidheguitarist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:08 am

Ryeguy wrote:

Sadly, I believe you to be correct.

bpax
Name: Bill

Post by bpax » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 am

People are f'ed up. Stay safe down there guys.

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Another one just went off. The FedEx where the package was shipped from that went off last night is the one I use to ship all my watches. And this last bomb/incendiary device just went off at the Goodwill we donate to a bunch. Unnerving. This mfer could be a neighbor