Down loading ring tones for the phone

Get your nerd on.
River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 am

I found this ring tone and was wondering if it would be safe to do so. So much stuff out there to infect your electronic devises out there. It's a Navy thing I looked up on the net for boatswain pipe ring tones since I use to do this on the bridge when passing the word on the 1MC the speaker system on ship thought it would be a cool ring tone for me only some thing a boatswain mate would love. Looked for app's but none then found this on a google search would it be safe to down load ? Link below
https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/f4977b4f ... b7bd68941c

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 am

Deleted as I totally misread the title.
Last edited by tattoo chef on Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Re: Down loading ring tones for the phone

Post by River Rat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:59 am

I have a Samsung phone not apple does that make a difference ?

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:05 am

It’s even better at max volume
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:06 am

River Rat wrote:I have a Samsung phone not apple does that make a difference ?
Wow. Sorry. Disregard everything I stated above. I read the title as iPhone, you write phone.

Yep, you should be able to download it no problem. If for some reason you can’t, download the Zedge app on your phone and then search for the ringtone and download.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selym
Name: Myles

Post by Selym » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am

Didn't Star Trek (the original series) use a boatswain's pipe sound effect?

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 am

Selym wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am
Uh, kinda. My dad was a BM1 way back in the day, and the first toy I remember having was a bosun’s pipe on a lanyard.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:20 pm

It down loaded as a MP3 file then I was able to use it from there to the ring tone surprised I figured it out. Did go to Zedge app for ring tones and wall papers but they wanted excess to my phone so deleted that app but from the site for the MP3 file that I posted did not do that so figured out how to use that file for the ring tone. Hey Henry the chow call was the hardest one to learn and the longest you all most run out of breath the last part of the chow call the twill was hard to learn that by it self is also used for another call for secure . I got three boatswain pipes one I got a cool lanyard on in the shadow box and one our Paul gave me and a WW2 era one with lanyard made in sterling I got for 20 bucks at a antique fair. Did have one more but there was a BM1 in my last unit that did all the ceremony's piping he all ways had to barrow one so gave that one to him. You would have to tune the new one with bees wax and solder the edges of the bowl or pea weird how you don't forget this stuff been retired from it since 2002. The call in that MP3 file is (all hands) they have secure the chow call, attention, sweepers and a lot more the pipe started in the days of sail when they did not have a speaker system on ship the pipe was a loud noise so when you piped a order the ship crew heard it. Still used to day only at sea and in ceremony's in the US Navy just tradition. It mite disappear they are doing away with rates I hear so no more crossed anchors and no one called a boatswain mate WTF. What was cool during general quarters drill if I was boatswain mate of the watch I would pipe attention then hit the general quarters alarm miss those days. If no one knows what general quarters is that's were you go to your battle stations when the ship goes to war or attacked.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:19 pm

^Holy crap cut down on that coffee! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Post by deepcdvr » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Hooyah Mike! You’re a legend
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:39 pm

River Rat wrote:It down loaded as a MP3 file then I was able to use it from there to the ring tone surprised I figured it out. Did go to Zedge app for ring tones and wall papers but they wanted excess to my phone so deleted that app but from the site for the MP3 file that I posted did not do that so figured out how to use that file for the ring tone. Hey Henry the chow call was the hardest one to learn and the longest you all most run out of breath the last part of the chow call the twill was hard to learn that by it self is also used for another call for secure . I got three boatswain pipes one I got a cool lanyard on in the shadow box and one our Paul gave me and a WW2 era one with lanyard made in sterling I got for 20 bucks at a antique fair. Did have one more but there was a BM1 in my last unit that did all the ceremony's piping he all ways had to barrow one so gave that one to him. You would have to tune the new one with bees wax and solder the edges of the bowl or pea weird how you don't forget this stuff been retired from it since 2002. The call in that MP3 file is (all hands) they have secure the chow call, attention, sweepers and a lot more the pipe started in the days of sail when they did not have a speaker system on ship the pipe was a loud noise so when you piped a order the ship crew heard it. Still used to day only at sea and in ceremony's in the US Navy just tradition. It mite disappear they are doing away with rates I hear so no more crossed anchors and no one called a boatswain mate WTF. What was cool during general quarters drill if I was boatswain mate of the watch I would pipe attention then hit the general quarters alarm miss those days. If no one knows what general quarters is that's were you go to your battle stations when the ship goes to war or attacked.
I tried to read this but it’s too hard, that could because I’m a little drunk. Will try again tomorrow.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:36 pm

If I had to guess, Mike, you use talk to text . Keep it up, you tell the stories that too many no longer hear.
The Hapa

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:47 pm

Henryj wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:13 am
Selym wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:50 am
Uh, kinda. My dad was a BM1 way back in the day, and the first toy I remember having was a bosun’s pipe on a lanyard.
Henry here are some navy sounds MP3 files they have some submarine sounds like surface and dive and sonar sounds you being a ex submariner mite be some cool ringtone for your phone. Any Marines or Army here bugle calls to.
http://www.goatlocker.org/resources/nav/wavfiles.htm

bedlam
Name: Carl

Post by bedlam » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:32 pm

River Rat wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:47 am
I found this ring tone and was wondering if it would be safe to do so. So much stuff out there to infect your electronic devises out there. It's a Navy thing I looked up on the net for boatswain pipe ring tones since I use to do this on the bridge when passing the word on the 1MC the speaker system on ship thought it would be a cool ring tone for me only some thing a boatswain mate would love. Looked for app's but none then found this on a google search would it be safe to down load ? Link below
https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/f4977b4f ... b7bd68941c
In Android, you download almost any sound file. Then open Downloads app. Find the file and long press it to get the menu. Choose "move to" . Choose "phone internal storage" --> then "ringtones" folder. It will now show up as a ringtone in the list of ringtones when you go to your "Sounds" settings.

I would definitely avoid dodgy websites for mp3's. But honestly, I've never had an issue using enthusiast websites for sounds from movies, etc. I'm currently using the CTU phone ring sound from the "24" show.

A sound effects archive: http://www.grsites.com/archive/sounds/
Last edited by bedlam on Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:49 pm

I use to use funky sounds or songs as my ring tones, but then I hit 30 and it became stupid. I use the regular telephone ring now. Ha.