Name: Nick

Re: blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by Nomadz » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:08 am
rhorya wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm
james80 wrote:
rhorya wrote:So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hate to feed this but 1/5 the price? A $3K Aquadive? Don’t those sell for around 1k? Not seeing the value in that.

The 500 with the Fleurier movement are listed at retail off the online site at $3500, Not that I paid that much. There are other Aquadive watches for less too. The Fleurier movement alone sells for $1200. I hope your curiosity is satisfied. I'm still not seeing $15k for the Blanc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cool. So you have a cheap watch with an expensive movement that few people can service? Sounds like great value. :raised:
The Vaucher 3000 movement in your watch is $700 tops. Servicing will be a bitch. Parts will be hard to source. In the end your comparing a Taurus with a Cosworth engine to a McLaren 570S
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:41 am

Nomadz wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:57 am
JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:08 am
rhorya wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:02 pm
james80 wrote:
rhorya wrote:So I see the Pain in these watches at $15k!!?? U kidding me? I don't see it. A watch with a plain 3 hand movement and a date. No big deal. Lots of dive watches out there with that with Miyota, Seiko and ETA and it's sister clones for a lot less. Heck I have an Aquadive Bathysphere 500 with a Fleurier movement that is a superbly nice watch and movement for 1/5 the price. I'm not seeing the value for the price point here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Hate to feed this but 1/5 the price? A $3K Aquadive? Don’t those sell for around 1k? Not seeing the value in that.

The 500 with the Fleurier movement are listed at retail off the online site at $3500, Not that I paid that much. There are other Aquadive watches for less too. The Fleurier movement alone sells for $1200. I hope your curiosity is satisfied. I'm still not seeing $15k for the Blanc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Cool. So you have a cheap watch with an expensive movement that few people can service? Sounds like great value. :raised:
The Vaucher 3000 movement in your watch is $700 tops. Servicing will be a bitch. Parts will be hard to source. In the end your comparing a Taurus with a Cosworth engine to a McLaren 570S
Why bother trying to explain it to rhorya? Either you get it or you don't...he doesn't.

If we were at a g2g, maybe someone would explain it more to him.

That Aquadive, which he trots out as an example of value, isn't a bigger value compared to the Mil-spec much the same way, his Aquadive is compared...to say, a Seiko5 or a Timex.

You're only foolin' yourself if you do.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:19 am

This guy listed his at 16k....Read his listing, what an asshat...That said, if it sells.....Thats a nice flip.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/your-b ... 05635.html

Your Blanpain Mil-Spec - Brand New - 2 Straps - Silk Scarf - Pencils - 3 Year Warranty
Dear Watch Lover,

Please see my offer below.

General Description

Below, are pics of your brand-new Blancpain Mil-Spec limited edition watch.

One of 500, no other known seller in the US at this time.

Comes with the brand-new watch, two watch straps from Blancpain (black alligator and white sailcloth), Blancpain silk scarf, and Blancpain pencils in a nice wooden box.

All boxes and papers. The Blancpain Boutique's stamp gives this piece a 3-year warranty instead of a 2.

Terms of Sale

CASH ONLY, no trades.

Initial starting price is $16,100. I will cover insured expedited shipping.

I am anticipating multiple offers in the first week and will only accept the highest one after week one if such offer is at or above my starting price. I will not accept any offers lower than my starting price until the passing of Week 2.

To be clear (pardon the repetition for sake of clarity), I will consider any offer in Week 1 that is at or over $16,100. The highest offer after Week 1 will be accepted, if there are multiple offers at the same price, the first offer will be accepted. If a potential buyer shall back out, the next person in line will have the option to buy the watch.

If after Week 1, there are no offers at or over $16,100, I will solicit reasonable offers which I will evaluate at the end of Week 2. The highest reasonable offer will be accepted. Post Week 2, general offers will be accepted as they come.

We need to talk on the phone to be comfortable, this is for you to insure I am a valid seller and for me to ensure you are a valid buyer with the essence of a contract-proper relationship.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

215-667-9973 or ted@e-concise.com
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:23 am

ericf4 wrote:This guy listed his at 16k....Read his listing, what an asshat...That said, if it sells.....Thats a nice flip.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/your-b ... 05635.html

Your Blanpain Mil-Spec - Brand New - 2 Straps - Silk Scarf - Pencils - 3 Year Warranty
Dear Watch Lover,

Please see my offer below.

General Description

Below, are pics of your brand-new Blancpain Mil-Spec limited edition watch.

One of 500, no other known seller in the US at this time.

Comes with the brand-new watch, two watch straps from Blancpain (black alligator and white sailcloth), Blancpain silk scarf, and Blancpain pencils in a nice wooden box.

All boxes and papers. The Blancpain Boutique's stamp gives this piece a 3-year warranty instead of a 2.

Terms of Sale

CASH ONLY, no trades.

Initial starting price is $16,100. I will cover insured expedited shipping.

I am anticipating multiple offers in the first week and will only accept the highest one after week one if such offer is at or above my starting price. I will not accept any offers lower than my starting price until the passing of Week 2.

To be clear (pardon the repetition for sake of clarity), I will consider any offer in Week 1 that is at or over $16,100. The highest offer after Week 1 will be accepted, if there are multiple offers at the same price, the first offer will be accepted. If a potential buyer shall back out, the next person in line will have the option to buy the watch.

If after Week 1, there are no offers at or over $16,100, I will solicit reasonable offers which I will evaluate at the end of Week 2. The highest reasonable offer will be accepted. Post Week 2, general offers will be accepted as they come.

We need to talk on the phone to be comfortable, this is for you to insure I am a valid seller and for me to ensure you are a valid buyer with the essence of a contract-proper relationship.

Thank you so much for your consideration.

215-667-9973 or ted@e-concise.com
Goodness. I've seen guys selling watches twice that cost with less headache. What is MSRP on these?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:27 am

well my AD that ive bought thru 3-4 times offered them around 10k to ppl i referred to him. I thought MSRP was around 14k.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:27 am

He’s really overthinking this.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am

I hope he gets NO bites......Lol, or better yet someone from here "has interest" and poses many questions back to him......

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:32 am

$10k seems reasonable for a le. $15k is nuts.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:35 am

ericf4 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:28 am
I hope he gets NO bites......Lol, or better yet someone from here "has interest" and poses many questions back to him......
I already asked if he'd sell me just the pencils and silk scarf separately :raised:

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 am

you need to be one of the Indian Code Talkers to decipher when exactly you are allowed to email him and what price offer you are allowed to suggest.

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:43 am

Bound to happen...he's just the first flipper to post. Shame that those that want the MilSpec were denied, but that's life.

Of course, he's asking a lot. And if you've got the jonses for the MilSpec and missed the pre-orders, there it is. But no bracelet with this one renders this as "standard" as far as MilSpecs go. So yeah, crazy price.

But others will follow and will priced lower. So be patient if you are in the hunt.

There's an awful lot of polish with this FF. That's all I'm going to say about it. :lol:

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:25 pm

I passed on #31 at $10,240 shipped.

Then I walked into the boutique in Seattle and was offered a comparable price.

Utah get me two!

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:37 pm

Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Utah get me two!
But did yours come with a silk scarf and 2 pencils?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:46 pm

It’s bound to happen on LE models and there are folks with money who will pay. Some folks don’t like shopping around and this guy is targeting that crowd.

If they took that silly ball off the dial I’d like it more.

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:38 pm

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:37 pm
Grahamcombat wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:26 pm

Utah get me two!
But did yours come with a silk scarf and 2 pencils?
And a white strap?

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

blancpain mil-spec reissue

Post by BBK357 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:23 pm

Id love to have this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

outtatime
Name: Jon

Post by outtatime » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Maybe someone should point out to that guy that if he wants to run an auction, he should take it to eBay. I would never do business like that.

Now that I think of it, I recall once when I'd seen something I want and said "I'll take it". The dude wrote back and said he was going to wait like a week and see if any higher offers came in, and if they did he'd "give me the chance" to counter. Keep in mind, I said "I'd take it" @ his asking price.

I politely refused.

Also, yes if they got rid of the dumb ball, put it on a bracelet and made it 45mm I'd get one.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:56 pm

I love the poke ball. It was on the original for a very legitimate reason and I think it’s more than appropriate for the reissue. I really love this watch.
- Todd

Denizen

Post by Denizen » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:04 am

The WUS link doesn't work anymore...probably the terms proposed by the flipper went against forum rules...whatever.

The MilSpec is slowly growing on me.

Speaking purely on aesthetics, the poke ball...IMO, makes the botttom half of the dial a bit crowded, compounded by the smaller 40mm size. If this were 45mm, it would have play out better. So I would have rather not have it there consequently, but then this wouldn't be much of a tribute, would it? ;)

The underside of the Milspec - the crown guard and the way Blancpain machined the case around it...that, I'm not sold on. Just my preference, you understand.

But the watch is good to look at. No denying it.

gmallon80

Post by gmallon80 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am

Early thoughts: Have been wearing the watch for just over a week now.

My early assessment: once the initial excitement of actually receiving the watch after a 7 month wait was over, I was honestly underwhelmed. It was a very strange and sad feeling given the expectations and excitement. Why? I loved the look of it, but just wears smaller than I expected. It just didn’t have the wrist presence I expected. While still 40m, the smaller case and lugs do make a big difference. My daily wearer is my ceramic sea dweller (4K) which i adore and green ‘hulk’ sub. These definitely have more ‘presence’ on my wrist. 2d photos don’t pick up on this as it does look big in photos. So it’s not the case diameter but the 13mm depth making it feel smaller and less ‘dramatic’.

So my first days were ones of a weird sense of underwhelmed and essentially disappointment if I’m honest. I liked it, I just didn’t love it.

However, a few more days in and it’s all change. Once you get over of the smaller size (or maybe smaller impact) and get used to it, you see what heritage and class you’re wearing. I was being stupid. Just because it’s not popping off my wrist in a blingy or dramatic way. This thing is stunning. The dial, the lume, the bezel, the finishing, the retro feel and styling and the water indicator ball. The off white colour of the hour markers and bezel. It’s not a ‘faux-tina’, it’s he luminous coloring that gives this finish, and is amazing in poor lighting. The overall whole finish is superb.

It reminds me of Jacques Cousteau era every time I look at the time. It does feel like a famous dive watch. I’ve had more comments in the last week from non watch people and aficionados alike than I ever had with previous watches. It looks regal compared to the others, honestly.

It doesn’t have the instant punch in the face of the SD4k but nor does it need to. It’s subtlety and refinement make it the Rolls Royce of dive watches. Its a labored cliche but it’s true. It’s a touch of class every time you look down.

Not sure how others feel but curious to hear thoughts.
IMG_1554.JPG
IMG_1476.JPG
IMG_1472.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:13 am

gmallon80 wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:49 am
Early thoughts: Have been wearing the watch for just over a week now.

My early assessment: once the initial excitement of actually receiving the watch after a 7 month wait was over, I was honestly underwhelmed. It was a very strange and sad feeling given the expectations and excitement. Why? I loved the look of it, but just wears smaller than I expected. It just didn’t have the wrist presence I expected. While still 40m, the smaller case and lugs do make a big difference. My daily wearer is my ceramic sea dweller (4K) which i adore and green ‘hulk’ sub. These definitely have more ‘presence’ on my wrist. 2d photos don’t pick up on this as it does look big in photos. So it’s not the case diameter but the 13mm depth making it feel smaller and less ‘dramatic’.

So my first days were ones of a weird sense of underwhelmed and essentially disappointment if I’m honest. I liked it, I just didn’t love it.

However, a few more days in and it’s all change. Once you get over of the smaller size (or maybe smaller impact) and get used to it, you see what heritage and class you’re wearing. I was being stupid. Just because it’s not popping off my wrist in a blingy or dramatic way. This thing is stunning. The dial, the lume, the bezel, the finishing, the retro feel and styling and the water indicator ball. The off white colour of the hour markers and bezel. It’s not a ‘faux-tina’, it’s he luminous coloring that gives this finish, and is amazing in poor lighting. The overall whole finish is superb.

It reminds me of Jacques Cousteau era every time I look at the time. It does feel like a famous dive watch. I’ve had more comments in the last week from non watch people and aficionados alike than I ever had with previous watches. It looks regal compared to the others, honestly.

It doesn’t have the instant punch in the face of the SD4k but nor does it need to. It’s subtlety and refinement make it the Rolls Royce of dive watches. Its a labored cliche but it’s true. It’s a touch of class every time you look down.

Not sure how others feel but curious to hear thoughts.

IMG_1554.JPGIMG_1476.JPGIMG_1472.JPGIMG_1474.JPG

I'd be curious to see a side by side with the SD if you get a chance.
- Todd

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:26 am

Congrats on your new watch.

I still can’t get over the ball on the dial.

Grahamcombat
Name: Graham

Post by Grahamcombat » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:52 am

Looks awesome! Congrats!!

Utah get me two!

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Post by Jeep99dad » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 am

Congrats having to wait 7 months isn’t easy i am sure.
It definitely doesn’t look small on you and 13mm thickness is not small for a 40mm Watch. Being all shinny, if it was larger it’d be too blingy I think.
I like the Watch a lot but I’d prefer it brushed on top and only with the sides polished. I’d prefer the ball a tad smaller too.
I’d like to see one in the metal
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:16 am

So what does the poke ball actually do again..?