Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:55 am

Thanks to Dave T for offering to send me some product they use on cars to protect the paint etc. I'm gonna let the DJ be a lab rat. Looks like a flexible polymer of some sort. Ill let you guys know whether it works out. Then Ben can get his dildos back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk


River Rat
DWC Tribal Council
Posts: 11444
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:00 am
Location: Montana

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by River Rat » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 am

There is a pen made by bergeon to take scratches and desk marks off bracelets. But I find a small piece cut out of a green pad works better just do it lightly in the direction of the finish experiment on a watch bracelet you don't care about first to see if you like how it turns out before you do it on one of your expensive watch bracelets.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:07 am

River Rat wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:01 am
There is a pen made by bergeon to take scratches and desk marks off bracelets. But I find a small piece cut out of a green pad works better just do it lightly in the direction of the finish experiment on a watch bracelet you don't care about first to see if you like how it turns out before you do it on one of your expensive watch bracelets.
Yep i have that pen and also various grades of Scotchbrite and cape cods. I just wanted to try a solution to avoid all that in the first place. Thx Mike

User avatar
james80
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 pm
Name: James
Location: A Brit lost in the Caribbean

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by james80 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:40 am

Be careful with those dildos, the watch may slip off due to the downward slope on some of them and cause more damage than the scratches you’re trying to prevent.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:51 am

the Veiny ones have better grip Ed has informed me.

User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 23933
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:13 am



I have no idea what you guys are talking about. My advice to Eric 4F is quoted below.
I’m tired of being the first name people bring up when someone talks about rubber dicks.



BBK357 wrote:Dear Eric

My suggestion to your problem of scratching a watch is to cut a small piece - the size of your clasp- from a roll of 3m shipping tape. I find this quite effective as it is not only clear but thicker than just scotch tape.

I wish you luck in your “I want to wear a watch but I don’t want signs of wear” dilemma , and I hope you keep us posted with the results of our suggestions.

Have a great new year Mr Eric 4F!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 30197
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:21 am

ericf4 wrote:the Veiny ones have better grip Ed has informed me.
I was only passing along a message from Terry and I thought I made that clear.

franco60
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:50 pm

Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by franco60 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 am

Rub Zanax vigorously on your tongue until dissolved. That will cure the problem. The other cure is to go diving (yes I dove over 100 dives with my DJ Thunderbird; my wife’s at about 250 with her president), or have some other fun with your watch on and you’ll forget all about it. Or feed the hungry yourself (not by writing a check), something real, and all will be good in the “can’t stand a scratch on my watch world”. Sorry. First world problem if I ever heard one. Sorry - not slamming OP here, just low tolerance on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by franco60 on Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:45 am

franco60 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 am
Rub Zanax vigorously on your tongue until dissolved. That will cure the problem. The other cure is to go diving (yes I dove over 100 dives with my DJ Thunderbird; my wife’s at about 250 with her president), or have some other fun with your watch on and you’ll forget all about it. Or feed the hungry yourself (not by writing a check), something real, and all will be good in the “can’t stand a scratch on my watch world”. Sorry. First world problem if I ever heard one. Low tolerance on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ill take that under advisement to ensure i roll up my sleeves more and give more of myself than i already do to the less fortunate. You know me somehow? Sorry i was unaware that all i have done and will continue to do for causes that are important to me needed to make it to you so you could update your files on me. Go fuck yourself. I was enjoying your post until the end where you seemingly make suppositions about someone you don't know dick about. Who the fuck are you anyway, you're like a ghost around here and don't know shit about me?

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 30438
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:58 am

Can’t we all just get along?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

justsellbrgs
Posts: 4286
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 pm
Name: John
Location: CLE

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by justsellbrgs » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 am

Right foot heel up, left foot heel-down. Try to combine these two techniques as soon as possible. Play soft heel-down strokes and heavy heel-up strokes. Any sixteenth-note pattern will immediately sound more dynamic and interesting, even if you’re just playing alternating strokes. Then work on “stickings” for your feet, such as RLLR LLRL. Practice all rudiments that way, with one foot heel up, the other foot heel down, then switch to left foot heel up, right foot heel down. Once you get used to switching comfortably between heel-up and heel-down while you play a pattern, it’s not a big deal to incorporate multi-pedal orchestrations. Play alternating sixteenth-notes (RLRLRLRL) and orchestrate the pattern like this: kick-hat-hat-kick-kick-hat-hat-kick-kick. Work on all sorts of orchestrations using four pedals, all played heel up (for now). Left foot on two pedals (kick and snare), right foot on kick, or on right hat, or any other alternative sound source. Try using two sounds at the same time to add color and timbre to a multi-pedal orchestration.
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3939
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Grahamcombat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:12 am

ericf4 wrote:
franco60 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:29 am
Rub Zanax vigorously on your tongue until dissolved. That will cure the problem. The other cure is to go diving (yes I dove over 100 dives with my DJ Thunderbird; my wife’s at about 250 with her president), or have some other fun with your watch on and you’ll forget all about it. Or feed the hungry yourself (not by writing a check), something real, and all will be good in the “can’t stand a scratch on my watch world”. Sorry. First world problem if I ever heard one. Low tolerance on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ill take that under advisement to ensure i roll up my sleeves more and give more of myself than i already do to the less fortunate. You know me somehow? Sorry i was unaware that all i have done and will continue to do for causes that are important to me needed to make it to you so you could update your files on me. Go fuck yourself. I was enjoying your post until the end where you seemingly make suppositions about someone you don't know dick about. Who the fuck are you anyway, you're like a ghost around here and don't know shit about me?
I stand behind Eric on this one. GFY.
Image


Utah get me two!

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3939
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Grahamcombat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 am

franco60 wrote:Rub Zanax vigorously on your tongue until dissolved. That will cure the problem. The other cure is to go diving (yes I dove over 100 dives with my DJ Thunderbird; my wife’s at about 250 with her president), or have some other fun with your watch on and you’ll forget all about it. Or feed the hungry yourself (not by writing a check), something real, and all will be good in the “can’t stand a scratch on my watch world”. Sorry. First world problem if I ever heard one. Sorry - not slamming OP here, just low tolerance on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about fisting a homeless guy? That’s service, right? Like a twofer: helping him out but also putting wear on the watch. Very much a selfless act. Win win.


Utah get me two!

User avatar
TSD
Posts: 1237
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:47 am
Name: Tom
Location: So Fla

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by TSD » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:22 am

Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:58 am
Can’t we all just get along?
No. Someone is putting tape on their watch! THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT :doh:

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 5110
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Chocodove » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:31 am

This thread really has it all.
- Todd

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:41 am

justsellbrgs wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:08 am
Right foot heel up, left foot heel-down. Try to combine these two techniques as soon as possible. Play soft heel-down strokes and heavy heel-up strokes. Any sixteenth-note pattern will immediately sound more dynamic and interesting, even if you’re just playing alternating strokes. Then work on “stickings” for your feet, such as RLLR LLRL. Practice all rudiments that way, with one foot heel up, the other foot heel down, then switch to left foot heel up, right foot heel down. Once you get used to switching comfortably between heel-up and heel-down while you play a pattern, it’s not a big deal to incorporate multi-pedal orchestrations. Play alternating sixteenth-notes (RLRLRLRL) and orchestrate the pattern like this: kick-hat-hat-kick-kick-hat-hat-kick-kick. Work on all sorts of orchestrations using four pedals, all played heel up (for now). Left foot on two pedals (kick and snare), right foot on kick, or on right hat, or any other alternative sound source. Try using two sounds at the same time to add color and timbre to a multi-pedal orchestration.

I LOVE THIS!!!

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:43 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:25 am
CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:58 am
Can’t we all just get along?
No. Someone is putting tape on their watch! THIS IS IMPORTANT SHIT :doh:
This is next level shit...

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:43 am

Grahamcombat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:17 am
franco60 wrote:Rub Zanax vigorously on your tongue until dissolved. That will cure the problem. The other cure is to go diving (yes I dove over 100 dives with my DJ Thunderbird; my wife’s at about 250 with her president), or have some other fun with your watch on and you’ll forget all about it. Or feed the hungry yourself (not by writing a check), something real, and all will be good in the “can’t stand a scratch on my watch world”. Sorry. First world problem if I ever heard one. Sorry - not slamming OP here, just low tolerance on this one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about fisting a homeless guy? That’s service, right? Like a twofer: helping him out but also putting wear on the watch. Very much a selfless act. Win win.


Utah get me two!
The bum's ass needs tape, as does the watch. Noob.

User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14270
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Panerai7 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 am

I think this is doable and will last the longest

Image

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:57 am

^^^ OK. Now go feed some bums.

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 am

i was gonna throw the watch in a zip lock bag and carry it in my pocket.

User avatar
JP Chestnut
Posts: 14949
Joined: Mon May 27, 2013 10:40 am
Name: Jacob
Location: Ann Arbor, MI USA

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:03 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:01 am
i was gonna throw the watch in a zip lock bag and carry it in my pocket.
Just give it to a bum you selfish first world bastard.

User avatar
Grahamcombat
Posts: 3939
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:24 pm
Name: Graham

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by Grahamcombat » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:20 am

ericf4 wrote:i was gonna throw the watch in a zip lock bag and carry it in my pocket.
Maybe get a watch sherpa to do everything.

But be careful, that’s what killed Kobold.


Utah get me two!

User avatar
ericf4
(TBD) Penis
Posts: 13541
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:04 am
Contact:

Re: Total WUS Question but here it goes...

Post by ericf4 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:27 am

Grahamcombat wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:20 am
ericf4 wrote:i was gonna throw the watch in a zip lock bag and carry it in my pocket.
Maybe get a watch sherpa to do everything.

But be careful, that’s what killed Kobold.


Utah get me two!

That is not me helping the less fortunate as I don't do enough of that now. It seems....

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Americandave, dukerules, Google [Bot] and 16 guests