Grand-père
Name: Brice

Re: Just in Monta Triumph!

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am
streetracer101 wrote:Looks good.
I was browsing some pics. The blue dial in bracelet looks really nice. They nailed the shade of blue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Yeap all those pics make me want to try a blue. It’s small though and i also like the Farer another $$ micro brand with Swiss made Watch Image
Personally I felt the Monta offerings were a step up over the Farers after handling both. The Farer watches were very nice, though.
Interesting. The Farer diver seems to have a great case design and impeccable finish too.
What’s the step up?
Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Post by Chocodove » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 pm

Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:
I was browsing some pics. The blue dial in bracelet looks really nice. They nailed the shade of blue.

Yeap all those pics make me want to try a blue. It’s small though and i also like the Farer another $$ micro brand with Swiss made Watch Image
Personally I felt the Monta offerings were a step up over the Farers after handling both. The Farer watches were very nice, though.
Interesting. The Farer diver seems to have a great case design and impeccable finish too.
What’s the step up?
I preferred the finishing, especially on the dials and hands, of the Monta. I also have a preference for more subdued colors and the Farers are a bit more colorful. The Monta watches just felt more high quality to me (but they should considering they cost a bit more). I'd own either, but Monta would be my first choice.
- Todd

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:32 pm

I don't get the Farer watches. The mis-matched crown is an eye sore. I do like these rubber straps.

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:20 pm

streetracer101 wrote:I don't get the Farer watches. The mis-matched crown is an eye sore. I do like these rubber straps.
I love that bronze crown

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:45 pm

Chocodove wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:28 pm
Jeep99dad wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:17 pm
Chocodove wrote:
Jeep99dad wrote:

What’s the step up?
I preferred the finishing, especially on the dials and hands, of the Monta. I also have a preference for more subdued colors and the Farers are a bit more colorful. The Monta watches just felt more high quality to me (but they should considering they cost a bit more). I'd own either, but Monta would be my first choice.
I agree with Todd. The Farer and Oak/Oscar couldn't compare at all to the finish of the Triumph. Not even close, actually I thought the finish on the Oak and Oscar case was the same was the finish on my $400 Butler watch I had. Not to impressive.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:50 pm

Today I wore it on a cheap knock off velcro strap. I really love this watch.

Did I mention the lume is really good on this watch. Not Seiko lume but more like Rolex intensity. Here is a pic my buddy James took of his.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Post by Bradystraps » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 pm

Your pics and review are making me want one of these, Terry. How has the movement been performing? Does it wear true to it's size or big/small?
Really well executed piece. :thumbsup:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:22 pm

Bradystraps wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:07 pm
Your pics and review are making me want one of these, Terry. How has the movement been performing? Does it wear true to it's size or big/small?
Really well executed piece. :thumbsup:
I have owned a ton of Sellita 3 hander's and I have never had an issue with them at all. Most of my Marcello C's were Sellita movement watches.

This watch wears like a 39.5 since it is all dial. But it sits flat on the wrist and not raised like my 2016 Airking.
Airking caseback

Ryeguy
Name: Chris

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:47 am

Monta should pay you a commission, Terry! Your pics are getting even me, a person who wasn't very interested in Monta, to consider the Triumph.

The crown doesn't look as out of place in your photos as it appeared to be on the diver.

I'm still a bit undecided on the dial, with its mix of applied and painted indices, plus Arabic numerals. There is a lot going on there.

Can't argue with the case fit and finish though. This seems like the kind of watch a normal person (non-flipper) could wear daily without concern. It is dressy enough for work, waterproof enough for the beach, and a style which, while not overly derivative, will still look good 20 years from now.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:33 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:47 am
Monta should pay you a commission, Terry! Your pics are getting even me, a person who wasn't very interested in Monta, to consider the Triumph.

The crown doesn't look as out of place in your photos as it appeared to be on the diver.

I'm still a bit undecided on the dial, with its mix of applied and painted indices, plus Arabic numerals. There is a lot going on there.

Can't argue with the case fit and finish though. This seems like the kind of watch a normal person (non-flipper) could wear daily without concern. It is dressy enough for work, waterproof enough for the beach, and a style which, while not overly derivative, will still look good 20 years from now.
I totally agree it looks like a lot is going on with the dial. To fix this they made the 1/2/4/5/7/8/10/11 a third of the size of the 3/9 it plays nicely together. Otherwise the dial would been super cluttered for sure. And I wouldn't have bought it.

The crown on this watch is smaller than the diver. On the diver my hang up is the crown. It looks out of place. I personally would have loved a more standard looking crown. I do have to say this style of crown operates perfectly. But I am not a big fan of onion crowns or any modern twist to a standard version.

The applied indices on this watch rock! They have the same shine as the GS SBGX115. I don't think they were polished by some ancient japanese swordsman by any means they have some great depth to them. One thing I am glad they did not do is put applied indices at every hour on the dial. If they would have it would have kept the watch from being a field watch for me. :tap:

Everyday I wear this I get sucked in more. :love:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 am

What is the lug to lug measurement on this one?
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:47 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 7:24 am
What is the lug to lug measurement on this one?
I think 48 l2l

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:09 pm

Sorry for the late and shitty pics. Here is what I got right now. Super nice watch box (and I care two shits about a watch box).
It comes with a Blue Shark style nato, a really nice spring bar tool, suede watch pouch and a warranty card.
I am still really loving this watch.
Last edited by toxicavenger on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:20 pm

It didn't come with a Toxic? Damn, I'm swinging back to the hater side of the fence! :o

Ryeguy

Post by Ryeguy » Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 pm

Just teasing, Terrry. The Monta looks really nice. I have a thing for sports watches like this - not necessarily divers, but enough water resistance and toughness to handle "aggressive recreation".

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:59 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:23 pm
Just teasing, Terrry. The Monta looks really nice. I have a thing for sports watches like this - not necessarily divers, but enough water resistance and toughness to handle "aggressive recreation".
Hahaha no ToxicNATO, I think they have their own hook up way before me.

Everything you said about sports watch is why I am liking it even more. I have taken it swimming/mountain biking/chopping wood (real wood) :mrgreen: and anything else I can throw at it. It has been keeping excellent time also. The case finish on this watch is top notch hands down. :cheers:

kfalk
Old Chub
Name: Kelly

Post by kfalk » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 am

Love that watch. You need to take a pic of that bracelet all folded up.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:24 am

kfalk wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:21 am
Love that watch. You need to take a pic of that bracelet all folded up.
Image :thumbsup:
Since my pictures suck I went ahead and took some more :mrgreen:

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 am

Torrid wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:27 pm
james80 wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:39 pm
Torrid wrote:Really like this one.
Whatever you do don't follow them on IG. It could push you over the edge.
Already bought a Ball Fireman and then followed Ball on FB and just learned about the Engineer III LE. My wallet couldn’t take on a 3rd new watch. Really having a bad case of the wants with watches again so I don’t dare look.

Seriously the preorder on the Engineer III is killing me. It has the caliber RR1101(2892 based) for only $900. At least it has a date magnifier to turn me off. Still sweet though I think I like the Monta more for that reason.

Preorder on the Ball ends tomorrow.

I'm still kicking it around.

Monta looks nice; 38.5mm case?

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:44 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 am
Yes, and 48mm L2L

Jeep99dad
Grand-père

Post by Jeep99dad » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:03 am

Thanks for sharing Terry. You and James’ pics have really convinced me I need one blue or grey. It’ll be a 2018 buy I think. The price and size have held me back but I’ve come around on the sizzle, seems to be wearing larger than its size specs. Like a 40 maybe. Price I need to a little push still

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 am

mattcantwin wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:34 am
Torrid wrote:
james80 wrote:
Already bought a Ball Fireman and then followed Ball on FB and just learned about the Engineer III LE. My wallet couldn’t take on a 3rd new watch. Really having a bad case of the wants with watches again so I don’t dare look.

Seriously the preorder on the Engineer III is killing me. It has the caliber RR1101(2892 based) for only $900. At least it has a date magnifier to turn me off. Still sweet though I think I like the Monta more for that reason.

I’m unfortunately going to skip it. All my watches except the Scurfa are less than 3 months old and my wife bought me a SARB for Christmas.

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Torrid wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 am

All my watches except the Scurfa are less than 3 months old and my wife bought me a SARB for Christmas.
Sounds like you (and your wife) have been busy, excellent. :thumbsup:

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:33 pm

mattcantwin wrote:
Torrid wrote:
james80 wrote:

Keep kicking it.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

mattcantwin

Post by mattcantwin » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:56 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:33 pm
mattcantwin wrote:
Torrid wrote:
james80 wrote:

Keep kicking it.

:roll: