Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Test watch pictures

Discussion of microbrand watches
User avatar
stonehead887
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am
Name: Jeremy
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Contact:

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by stonehead887 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:12 pm

Sweet. Yes, still waiting for profile pics. Order going in anyways...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk


User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 14211
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by JDC222 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:58 pm

SgtCumBoo at it again...

Image
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41546
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by toxicavenger » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:22 pm

^^^Crazy that he keeps trying to post there. Or someone using his ip address.

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 14211
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by JDC222 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:05 pm

FYI - NEW KARLSKRONA Midnattssol Orange OR Blue Pre-Orders open TOMORROW 11/05 9PM EST

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_ ... are_type=t


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be polite, be professional but have a plan to kill everybody that you meet.

User avatar
djh1201
Posts: 511
Joined: Fri May 28, 2010 3:19 pm
Name: David H.
Location: Charleston, SC

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by djh1201 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:21 am

Tempting. I assume this is the same thick case as the Baltic Shield?

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5183
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:25 am

djh1201 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:21 am
Tempting. I assume this is the same thick case as the Baltic Shield?
I need to see a side by side profile of original versus new. That is one of two things I would change from the original. I'm glad the lug holes have "hopefully" been moved in more. I think this lug hole repositioning will be the third attempt.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5183
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:29 am

Is it me it is the crown also thinner? I like!
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 41546
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:10 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:25 am
djh1201 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:21 am
Tempting. I assume this is the same thick case as the Baltic Shield?
I need to see a side by side profile of original versus new. That is one of two things I would change from the original. I'm glad the lug holes have "hopefully" been moved in more. I think this lug hole repositioning will be the third attempt.
This why I have asked mutiples time in the past if this watch is 13.5mm tall. Because I know a few guys who were disappointed that it was actually taller than the specs lead them to believe. Since this one is suppose to have a flat crystal it should be 13.5mm but you never know.

User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by gonzomantis » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:13 am

toxicavenger wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:10 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:25 am
djh1201 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:21 am
Tempting. I assume this is the same thick case as the Baltic Shield?
I need to see a side by side profile of original versus new. That is one of two things I would change from the original. I'm glad the lug holes have "hopefully" been moved in more. I think this lug hole repositioning will be the third attempt.
This why I have asked mutiples time in the past if this watch is 13.5mm tall. Because I know a few guys who were disappointed that it was actually taller than the specs lead them to believe. Since this one is suppose to have a flat crystal it should be 13.5mm but you never know.
For me, it wasn't the total height as much as how it sat on top of my wrist. A flat crystal on the same case wouldn't sway me to try again.


User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Official Preorder Announcement

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:39 pm

A number of people have asked, I can add additional straps if needed. :thumbsup:
Image


User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:23 am

New renders.

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by Bradystraps on Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image


User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5183
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 am

That's a pretty serious error in this stage of the game, Todd. I wish you luck.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by Bradystraps » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 am
That's a pretty serious error in this stage of the game, Todd. I wish you luck.

Just the renders make the indices look applied. No serious errors. All good. :thumbsup:
Image


User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5432
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by dnslater » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:38 pm

Bradystraps wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 am
That's a pretty serious error in this stage of the game, Todd. I wish you luck.

Just the renders make the indices look applied. No serious errors. All good. :thumbsup:

I for one would be pretty dissatisfied if I bought based on the new renderings and expected applied indices only to have the watch show up with painted markers.

User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by Bradystraps » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm

dnslater wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:38 pm
Bradystraps wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 am
That's a pretty serious error in this stage of the game, Todd. I wish you luck.

Just the renders make the indices look applied. No serious errors. All good. :thumbsup:

I for one would be pretty dissatisfied if I bought based on the new renderings and expected applied indices only to have the watch show up with painted markers.
Fixing the renderings, Nick. The specs list the dial print as flat, not applied. :thumbsup:
Image


User avatar
Axelay2003
Posts: 5183
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:03 am
Name: Gerard
Location: City of Oranges, FL

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by Axelay2003 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:18 pm

Thanks for updating your spec. There should be no issues from here forward. I would suggest contacting the others who have put in their deposits so that there will be no surprises, IMO.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.
ImageImage

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5432
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - New renderings

Post by dnslater » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:51 pm

Bradystraps wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:04 pm
dnslater wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:38 pm
Bradystraps wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:24 am
Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:49 am
That's a pretty serious error in this stage of the game, Todd. I wish you luck.

Just the renders make the indices look applied. No serious errors. All good. :thumbsup:

I for one would be pretty dissatisfied if I bought based on the new renderings and expected applied indices only to have the watch show up with painted markers.
Fixing the renderings, Nick. The specs list the dial print as flat, not applied. :thumbsup:
Thanks for clarifying Todd. Good luck, looks like a nice value either way.

User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Test watch pictures

Post by Bradystraps » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:36 pm

Quick and dirties. Better shots to come once the watches go to a couple real camera guys.



Image

Image

Image




Image

Image
Image


User avatar
mikeylacroix
Posts: 3681
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:00 am
Name: Mike

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Test watch pictures

Post by mikeylacroix » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:14 pm

Blue is nice

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk


User avatar
Panerai7
Posts: 14560
Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 pm
Name: Art
Location: North Carolina

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Test watch pictures

Post by Panerai7 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:02 pm

Really nice blue

User avatar
stonehead887
Posts: 913
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 am
Name: Jeremy
Location: Northamptonshire, England
Contact:

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Test watch pictures

Post by stonehead887 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 am

These are looking good. Can't wait for my orange dial version.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Bradystraps
Posts: 1823
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:50 am
Name: Todd

Re: Karlskrona Midnattssol Update - Test watch pictures

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:51 pm

stonehead887 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:32 am
These are looking good. Can't wait for my orange dial version.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Thank you Jeremy.
Image


Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AtomicTom, Google [Bot], gr8sw, jtbenson, mattcantwin and 3 guests