CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:28 pm
TSD wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:33 pm
Panerai7 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:28 am
Panerai7 wrote:I've always wondered how does this Red Bar work? What's the formula? Any GTG can be called Red Bar or Adam has to be present?
They license it. I hate it. It cheapens the great times we had when it was just a few of us sitting around the table at the actual Red Bar.
I don't get the appeal, you would think it would only be significant to you, NYC guys, in the actual red bar.
Why the hell would I wanna meet up with Brice and guys in a Charlotte bar like we always do and pretend like we're at Red Bar that I've never seen in my life? Image
Never made sense to me. Apparently I am very wrong, though.
The watchmaker mentioned they go to Red Bar in Miami. Does AC attend these “franchised” events? Maybe an oppty for the GTG on the side?
Sophie Rindler of TOCKR Watches runs RB Miami. She is very cool to hang with.
Just looked up TOCKR watches. They are not great. But I'm sure the RB licensing works wonders for the brand.
:htfu:

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Re: Red Bar event Friday

Post by tattoo chef » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm

matt.wu wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
TSD wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:I've always wondered how does this Red Bar work? What's the formula? Any GTG can be called Red Bar or Adam has to be present?
They license it. I hate it. It cheapens the great times we had when it was just a few of us sitting around the table at the actual Red Bar.
I don't get the appeal, you would think it would only be significant to you, NYC guys, in the actual red bar.
Why the hell would I wanna meet up with Brice and guys in a Charlotte bar like we always do and pretend like we're at Red Bar that I've never seen in my life? Image
The watchmaker mentioned they go to Red Bar in Miami. Does AC attend these “franchised” events? Maybe an oppty for the GTG on the side?
Just looked up TOCKR watches. They are not great. But I'm sure the RB licensing works wonders for the brand.

I did as well. The first model I saw looked awful but these have a Tutima/Sinn vibe to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

TSD wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:51 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Why the hell would I wanna meet up with Brice and guys in a Charlotte bar like we always do and pretend like we're at Red Bar that I've never seen in my life? :lol:
My understanding is the Red Bar groups have brands that go on tour to all the Redbars to show off their products. And Adam does go to some of the other Redbars around the country to represent. My only issue is I was told you have to apply to attend the Redbars.

Either way the guys in our Denver GTG's agreed we dont' need to imagine we are the "Redbar". We are our own gig.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
TSD wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:

I did as well. The first model I saw looked awful but these have a Tutima/Sinn vibe to them.

Vibe??
-
-
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:40 pm

tattoo chef wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:14 pm
matt.wu wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
TSD wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:

I saw them in NYC at Wind Up. They were kind of cool but not something I would spend money on. Their first model reminded me of a Tutima/Sinn/Bell and Ross

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:43 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:36 pm
tattoo chef wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
TSD wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Panerai7 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:

Vibe??
-
-
Poorly done re-interpretation is a better way of putting it. All the changes make their model less desirable than the Sinn models they are emulating.

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm
My understanding is the Red Bar groups have brands that go on tour to all the Redbars to show off their products. And Adam does go to some of the other Redbars around the country to represent. My only issue is I was told you have to apply to attend the Redbars.

Either way the guys in our Denver GTG's agreed we dont' need to imagine we are the "Redbar". We are our own gig.
True. It’s not my scene either. Understand the rules are you need an invite from a member and then bring only three watches. :scratch:
Sounds more like guys just looking to whip them out and compare instead of hanging out, drinking and talking shit.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:44 pm

TSD wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:06 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:24 pm

True. It’s not my scene either. Understand the rules are you need an invite from a member and then bring only three watches. :scratch:
Sounds more like guys just looking to whip them out and compare instead of hanging out, drinking and talking shit.
for the RB events I've been to in Atlanta there is no limit and it's a pretty wide range - but yes, the invitation thing is the same. the core group are good people that I've known for a few years now.

dinexus
Name: Zach

Post by dinexus » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:04 pm

That "bring only three watches" stipulation is weird – haven't ever seen any kind of parameters around the SF events, I think it's just more "don't drink more than Kyle and embarrass yourself."
See you in a few weeks Kyle :cheers:

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:18 pm

I've asked for an invite to the SF event a few times and can't seem to get on the list...

I don't think I'd go anyway, since it's not really my style of meet up, but still. Sadface.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:22 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:18 pm
I've asked for an invite to the SF event a few times and can't seem to get on the list...

I don't think I'd go anyway, since it's not really my style of meet up, but still. Sadface.
This happened to quite a few people in the Chicago group and Philly group. So that turned us off form even considering adopting that name. Not to mention the name is gay. :mrgreen:

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 pm

Here’s an idea... DiveBar, bring what and who want; drink beer, talk shit, have fun.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 pm

R@cerx wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:30 pm
Here’s an idea... DiveBar, bring what and who want; drink beer, talk shit, have fun.
But, but, but... what about the Instagram followers and likes?!?

gwells
Name: Greg

Red Bar event Friday

Post by gwells » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm

matt.wu wrote:I've asked for an invite to the SF event a few times and can't seem to get on the list...

If master wu can't get an invite, how much chance do the rest of us plebes have?

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 pm
R@cerx wrote:
The first rule of DiveBar is...

ps. The OG RedBar was fun, now it’s just pretentious.
Last edited by R@cerx on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 pm

R@cerx wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 pm
matt.wu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:34 pm
R@cerx wrote:
The first rule of DiveBar is...
We call ours Mile High Watches. Told the guys in Austin they should call theirs Weird Bar, but they went with Redbar instead. :shrug:

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 pm

We'll call ours "Rainbow Club", though around here, that's probably already taken... :gayumbrella:

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:50 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 pm
We'll call ours "Rainbow Club", though around here, that's probably already taken... :gayumbrella:
Yellow Watch Bros would be better :mrgreen:

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:22 pm
matt.wu wrote:

This happened to quite a few people in the Chicago group and Philly group. So that turned us off form even considering adopting that name. Not to mention the name is gay. :mrgreen:
So now you have to apply, be approved and formally invited...... this from the same group that used to encourage wrist shots with a urinal back drop?

okay. :scratch:
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 pm

justsellbrgs wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:55 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:22 pm
matt.wu wrote:

So now you have to apply, be approved and formally invited...... this from the same group that used to encourage wrist shots with a urinal back drop?

okay. :scratch:
yes :monkeypiss:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:38 pm

Kudos to Adam for turning a watch G2G into the modern equivalent of a Tupperware party for shitty watch brands. The guy knows how to monetize.

aztecknight

Post by aztecknight » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 pm
Told the guys in Austin they should call theirs Weird Bar, but they went with Redbar instead. :shrug:
Who runs the one in Austin? I didn't even know we had one.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:58 pm

aztecknight wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 pm
toxicavenger wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 pm
Told the guys in Austin they should call theirs Weird Bar, but they went with Redbar instead. :shrug:
Who runs the one in Austin? I didn't even know we had one.
flutedbezel on IG, he is a cool dude named Jay. https://www.instagram.com/flutedbezel/ Or you can email them at RedBarAustin@gmail.com

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:41 pm

BTW, I got nothing but love for Adam, and I'd still love to grab a drink with him one day. If anything, I echo what JP said - respect to the dude for making something out of nothing.

Knome
Name: Ken

Post by Knome » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 pm

matt.wu wrote:BTW, I got nothing but love for Adam, and I'd still love to grab a drink with him one day. If anything, I echo what JP said - respect to the dude for making something out of nothing.
Adam is cool and redbar events I've been to in LA are always pretty fun. Never been to a redbar GTG though, would love to check one out eventually.
LAWatchGang is just easier for me to attend and it's just low key GTGs like the guys who organize it want. It's basically just an email list and that's it.

LAWG is cool because they just coexist with whatever watch groups want to form around the area. There's a huge overlap and everyone attends everyone else's events anyways.... Traffic willing of course.