iPhone X thoughts

Get your nerd on.
tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

iPhone X thoughts

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 am

So I have had the X for 5 days now. Thought I would start a new thread for anyone interested so it wouldn’t be bogged down in the other.

First things first, I love it. I’m an iPhone guy guy but that doesn’t mean it is perfect yet.

Pros-
the screen is gorgeous. The brightness, the color, it is fantastic.

Battery life is pretty good. Had to cycle a few times but I’m a heavy user and getting 8-9 hours off a full charge. I can do a whole day on weekend when I’m not using as much.

The new gestures are pretty easy. After a few minutes I was down with it and not much of a learning curve.

Sound is fantastic.

Camera great as usual.

The phone is thicker than the last 4 years and is easier to hold in my opinion.

Cons.
The Face ID works great, but not always in bright sunlight. That’s something they will need to update in software. It does work with my sunglasses on though no problem. Works with all apps that previously used your Touch ID. One thing I hate, is when it unlocks you still have to swipe up, it doesn’t go right to home screen. Again, can be fixed in software.

Battery percentage. They don’t have this at top of screen. You have to scroll down on the right to the control center to see it. Again, hopefully a software update will fix.

Honestly, even with a few quirks I love it, and if you have an older iPhone it is worth the upgrade.
If you are die hard android fan, stick with android. It’s still an iPhone and you probably won’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by tattoo chef on Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Re: iPhone X thoughts

Post by ericf4 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:20 am

short and sweet
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:26 am

All I have heard about the iPhone 8 and X is that they are taxing Apple Care already! It is apparently the "most breakable iPhone" to date. One drop and they are toast, with both the front and back being glass. I actually avoided getting either of them and went with an iPhone 7, which suits my needs just fine.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 am

JDC222 wrote:All I have heard about the iPhone 8 and X is that they are taxing Apple Care already! One drop and they are toast, with both the front and back being glass. I actually avoided getting either of them and went with an iPhone 7, which suits my needs just fine.
I have a Spigen case on mine and dropped a few times with no issues. To be honest I’m not sure what the hell people do with their phones. I just take care of my shit I guess. iPhone 4 had a glass back as well and I never broke one of those either.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:30 am

How much does the X cost? I haven't been paying attention at all.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 am

JP Chestnut wrote:How much does the X cost? I haven't been paying attention at all.
$1000. But I lease through carrier for $36 a month.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:36 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 am
JP Chestnut wrote:How much does the X cost? I haven't been paying attention at all.

That's what I thought. Is this the first phone to break the $X000 barrier?

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>

Post by tattoo chef » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:37 am

JP Chestnut wrote:
tattoo chef wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:32 am

That's what I thought. Is this the first phone to break the $X000 barrier?
I believe so. Note 8 was close.

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:42 am

tattoo chef wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:29 am
JDC222 wrote:All I have heard about the iPhone 8 and X is that they are taxing Apple Care already! One drop and they are toast, with both the front and back being glass. I actually avoided getting either of them and went with an iPhone 7, which suits my needs just fine.
I have a Spigen case on mine and dropped a few times with no issues. To be honest I’m not sure what the hell people do with their phones. I just take care of my shit I guess. iPhone 4 had a glass back as well and I never broke one of those either.

I hear ya! I'm take good care of my things too, I just didn't want the hassle. I also went from a 6 Plus to a 7, as I was tired of the XL size, at work etc.
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:31 am

tattoo chef wrote:

I never had issues with my 4 series iPhones either, but I always had an Incipio NGP case on them.

I checked out the X yesterday at Best Buy. Loved the fact that it held like a beefed up 7 in my hands, but the text keyboard was as usable as my 7+. I would enjoy the pocket friendly side, but the design suggests it’s more fragile than the 4 series phones were.

The X in a more durable case material, say a high tech plastic for example, would be nice. I’d be fine with the aluminum case back and no wireless charging too.

Terpits
Creepy Tudor Guy
Name: Peter

Post by Terpits » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 am

A friend of a friend was selling one really cheap. 1/5 of retail.

It’s made in Mexico though. Looks and functions like the regular one. Only catch is, the touch screen is at the back.

Sent from your iPhone using Tapatalk
:rimshot:

TSD
Name: Tom

Post by TSD » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:15 am

My upgrade from an iPhone 6 was delivered on Friday, and Don's right on all counts. Nice improvement all around for anyone with an older iPhone. Feels especially substantial and easier to grip compared to prior gen's, and I can't stand cases.

I think this is first pic I've taken with it, actually.

gwells
Name: Greg

Post by gwells » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am

Terpits wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 am
A friend of a friend was selling one really cheap. 1/5 of retail.

It’s made in Mexico though. Looks and functions like the regular one. Only catch is, the touch screen is at the back.

Sent from your iPhone using Tapatalk
the mPhone from manzana?

nweash
Name: Nick

Post by nweash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am

The guy at Att had a “bodyguardz” case on his X and he tossed it about 12 feet across the room to show its durability. So I️ bought that case. So far so good.

The only real annoying thing is apps that aren’t updated to the new screen. Like Tapatalk. Feel like I’m typing on a 5 again.