Flatirons Community Church - Colorado

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Flatirons Community Church - Colorado

Post by JDC222 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:28 pm

Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

Erratic101
Name: Justyn

Re: Flatirons Community Church - Colorado

Post by Erratic101 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:03 pm

I know of that church. I see cars everywhere with bumper stickers of their logo. I think they have a huge following of like 20,000. From what I've heard they have 4 different campuses and they will project performances from 1 to the other 3. I've been told that it's less church and more rock. I guess that's how you get all the millennials in these days. I think they may be borderline cultish!

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:14 pm

The one dude explains it here:

https://youtu.be/GegILsppRlI?list=PLrgA ... CxrTSbFNJv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:08 am

I am southern baptist and my wife is cradle catholic and we attend a church like this with the stage, lights, screens, full band spreading the Good News in a more, shall we say, enthusiastic manner. (Pamela wears ear plugs)

We were bored with traditional hymns that we forced ourselves to stay awake through and bored with a monotone minister and message but breaking away from tradition is just what we needed in our spiritual lives.

No cross/crucifix, no steeple, no jacket and ties but definitely aligned with our beliefs.
yes, there is communion, yes there are baptisms but no one specific denomination - it's all Christian without the traditional labels, just louder and on a stage instead of a traditional pulpit.

Wife and kids took to it like ducks to water and it was harder for me but I would not want to worship any other way now.

I wonder - are there non-traditional churches like this for other religions other than Christians - anyone here know??

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 am

hell i might have been more religious had i been able to go to a synagogue where a band belted out some metal...
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Name: WDE

Post by rockmastermike » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:28 am

ericf4 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 am
hell i might have been more religious had i been able to go to a synagogue where a band belted out some metal...
comes back to "know your audience" especially in a time when religion is getting kicked in the butt, I'm glad to see more options available.
that being said, you don't need to attend church to be religious or to believe. to quote Dr Amy Farrah Fowler...."I don't object to the concept of a deity but am baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance."

On the other hand it is good, even cathartic, to join in a group that shares a common belief be it watches or "enter your God's name here"
Last edited by rockmastermike on Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

JDC222

Post by JDC222 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:58 am

I just watched like 20 of their videos on YouTube...so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2aoB8Z ... CxrTSbFNJv
Winston Churchill.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:52 am

There are actually many churches with decent musical sections. This one was very good, no doubt.

I grew up in a pretty traditional Orthodox Church, so I was initially put off by the more charismatic style of this style Christian church, but I’ve since come to appreciate the differences. Some of these church folk can sing their asses off. Impressive.