Resco

Discussion of microbrand watches
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Resco

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm

The Slava movement was shit.
I loved how people tried to say "it's the AK47 of watch movements". Fact is it was cheap and barely worked, which makes it the Hi point of watch movements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:07 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm
I loved how people tried to say "it's the AK47 of watch movements". Fact is it was cheap and barely worked, which makes it the Hi point of watch movements.

I got a lot of grief on wus back in the day for calling this movement shit. Not to mention it was stupid cheap, it came in $50 watches at one time. I think even Smitty or one of guys told me politely to "fuck of" regarding it. Now I don't think any of them watches are left with that movement, they were all shit canned. Not to say I wasn't being a shit-bird but I was calling it for it what it was, a shit movement.

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
BBK357 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:38 pm

I got a lot of grief on wus back in the day for calling this movement shit. Not to mention it was stupid cheap, it came in $50 watches at one time. I think even Smitty or one of guys told me politely to "fuck of" regarding it. Now I don't think any of them watches are left with that movement, they were all shit canned. Not to say I wasn't being a shit-bird but I was calling it for it what it was, a shit movement.
I owned one. Never any problems with it. I thought it was "slightly" reworked? Either way, it was a fun watch and I would own it again but always wonder why they didn't just start with the ETA?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

demer03
Current Forecast: Vintage Doxa
Name: Mike

Post by demer03 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 am

Fear of ETA going away? Omega and their games? Dunno, but ETA is a reliable workhorse. All I want.
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:16 am

demer03 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 am
Fear of ETA going away? Omega and their games? Dunno, but ETA is a reliable workhorse. All I want.
It was before the ETA scare I think. And then they changed them all out to ETA. But I think people had to pay for the upgrade if I recall. I am not sure. They probably went with them is to maximize profit I would assume.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:18 am

zepp21 wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:49 pm
I owned one. Never any problems with it. I thought it was "slightly" reworked? Either way, it was a fun watch and I would own it again but always wonder why they didn't just start with the ETA?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
They were serviced is all I remember. Most people on wus seemed to create their won fantasy on what/how great the movement was. But I think it ended up being a cs nightmare.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:31 am

toxicavenger wrote:
demer03 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:56 am
It was before the ETA scare I think. And then they changed them all out to ETA. But I think people had to pay for the upgrade if I recall. I am not sure. They probably went with them is to maximize profit I would assume.
I think the Slava was a piss poor choice. He would have been better off using a Seiko or Citizen motor.

The Val-24, while surely better than the Slava, was also a bad idea IMO. When you're selling at the price point Smitty does, the movement should have a solid reputation.