how has arial adams survived as a blog writer?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
gwells
Name: Greg

how has arial adams survived as a blog writer?

Post by gwells » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:49 pm

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/luxury-watc ... nnovation/

he may be one of the worst writers i've ever read. his writing skills reek of a terrible HS book report written at 3am the day it was due. and that needed to be 1000 words, but was only at 775, so he had to struggle to find 225 more words to make it work. i could barely make it through the first couple of paragraphs without wanting to track him down and stab him in the eyes with a red pen.

ugh.

slashd0t
Name: Jamie

Re: how has arial adams survived as a blog writer?

Post by slashd0t » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:52 pm

The worst part is how arrogant he is as well .. I cringe at the sound of this voice.

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:54 pm

I'm not an English major, but I have written a few papers. Something tells me... "How A Lack Of Design Innovation May Be Robbing Some Watch Brands Of A Future"... is improperly capitalized as a title.

Here's why his "thesis" is wrong: Omega changes designs constantly, while Rolex is the most boring brand in the world. Therefore Omega is better positioned for the future :scratch: :puke:

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Couldn't go pass the first paragraph...

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:00 pm

Skip to the comments. His readers seem to hate him.

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:03 pm

"I believe that by regurgitating relatively stagnant designs today, watch brands are depriving themselves of "watch design inspiration" material to work with in the future. The thesis of my argument is that by not actually innovating today, many watch brands are robbing themselves of a relevant future and will find themselves with problems that are difficult to overcome. I've discussed this issued more in another article about the watch industry's issue with marketing relevancy across the board. In this article to expand on the topic I'll put this simply in a few examples and then proceed to discuss the bigger picture of how some watch brands in their current operation do so little design work these days, that they markedly risk not having anything to look back on in the future when the time comes for new products that are inspired by today."

WOW
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

poppydog
aka Nelldog
Name: Steve

Post by poppydog » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:18 pm

gwells wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:49 pm
http://www.ablogtowatch.com/luxury-watc ... nnovation/

he may be one of the worst writers i've ever read. his writing skills reek of a terrible HS book report written at 3am the day it was due. and that needed to be 1000 words, but was only at 775, so he had to struggle to find 225 more words to make it work. i could barely make it through the first couple of paragraphs without wanting to track him down and stab him in the eyes with a red pen.

ugh.
"needed to be 1000 words, but was only at 775, so he had to struggle to find 225 more words" - definitely, and "track him down and stab him in the eyes with a red pen" :roll:
Regards

Steve

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 pm

He's no Archie Luxury that's for sure.
cheers,

Keith

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:01 pm

I think he use to write for Ask Men also. He's writing isn't something I enjoy at all. Hell I hate it more than my own.

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:24 pm

Hell yes, wholly agree. However, he certainly appeals to a specific audience, as evidenced by his success.
:htfu:

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:34 pm

matt.wu wrote:Hell yes, wholly agree. However, he certainly appeals to a specific audience, as evidenced by his success.
The 'I want a tudor sub for 1500 and not a penny more' group?

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:50 pm

He said he bought his first analog watch in 2000 and "didn't know how to read the time at a glance". What a dipshit.

https://youtu.be/0xtpx65-JDk

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 pm

This just in - A deep super secret spy mission has determined that "Ariel Adams" is not his real name. His birth name is Greg Marmalard.
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:02 am

Heuerville wrote:
Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:03 pm
"I believe that by regurgitating relatively stagnant designs today, watch brands are depriving themselves of "watch design inspiration" material to work with in the future. The thesis of my argument is that by not actually innovating today, many watch brands are robbing themselves of a relevant future and will find themselves with problems that are difficult to overcome. I've discussed this issued more in another article about the watch industry's issue with marketing relevancy across the board. In this article to expand on the topic I'll put this simply in a few examples and then proceed to discuss the bigger picture of how some watch brands in their current operation do so little design work these days, that they markedly risk not having anything to look back on in the future when the time comes for new products that are inspired by today."

WOW
Particularly egregious.

I literally can't read his blog posts without starting to skim them. In skimming the particular article linked, I missed any definitive statements. If anyone actually caught it, who did he point out as winners and losers by the standard of his oh-so-clever brand strategy?
:htfu:

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:01 am

matt.wu wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:02 am
Heuerville wrote:

WOW
Particularly egregious.

I literally can't read his blog posts without starting to skim them. In skimming the particular article linked, I missed any definitive statements. If anyone actually caught it, who did he point out as winners and losers by the standard of his oh-so-clever brand strategy?
From my quick skim I get the impression he's buttering up his primary cashed up audience to accept that Omega is really cool, as he's given Rolex a right royal spray. Given Rolex probably turned them (Hodinkee) away or he knows they won't do any limited overpriced special editions. So look out for the Hodinkee Special Limited Edition Omega… Mind you I only skimmed what was listed here so I may be way off the mark. J
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:38 am

93 Turbo wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:02 am
Heuerville wrote:

WOW
Particularly egregious.

From my quick skim I get the impression he's buttering up his primary cashed up audience to accept that Omega is really cool, as he's given Rolex a right royal spray. Given Rolex probably turned them (Hodinkee) away or he knows they won't do any limited overpriced special editions. So look out for the Hodinkee Special Limited Edition Omega… Mind you I only skimmed what was listed here so I may be way off the mark. J
I'm under the impression he loves his sub..? :scratch:

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:02 am

He's a lawyer by trade... GGU
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:01 am

If only his blog were as cool as his namesake automobile...

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:06 am

andrew, every time he is referenced here, this is the image that pops into my head. usually quickly followed with the image of j larkson's elastic face skin flapping about in the wind.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:22 am

This guy worse at writing than I am you guys are all way on my ass about my writing skills. About time I see you guys dog pile on some one else on there writing skills takes the hit off me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mikeylacroix

Post by mikeylacroix » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:26 am

River Rat wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:22 am
This guy worse at writing than I am you guys are all way on my ass about my writing skills. About time I see you guys dog pile on some one else on there writing skills takes the hit off me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

all of us actually think u dictate to a bot...not actually write :scratch: :stir:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:11 am

River Rat wrote:This guy worse at writing than I am you guys are all way on my ass about my writing skills. About time I see you guys dog pile on some one else on there writing skills takes the hit off me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only two periods and a comma short!

:lol:

;)

james80
Name: James

Post by james80 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:45 am

hoppyjr wrote:
River Rat wrote:This guy worse at writing than I am you guys are all way on my ass about my writing skills. About time I see you guys dog pile on some one else on there writing skills takes the hit off me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Only two periods and a comma short!

:lol:

;)
The bot got an update.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:10 am

jtbenson wrote:andrew, every time he is referenced here, this is the image that pops into my head. usually quickly followed with the image of j larkson's elastic face skin flapping about in the wind.
^Different , cooler atom.

The irony of people posting how much they hate him is they're driving hits to his site, which allows him to charge more for advertising. People hating him are essentially increasing his wealth. Just do what I do and ignore the hack job.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mattjmcd
Name: Matt

Post by mattjmcd » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:09 pm

Agree on all counts. Stacey and some of the others are good, but Ariel..? Total sh*t show. I attribute the site's success to Stacey, mostly.