Swatch being dicks

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Swatch being dicks

Post by Heuerville » Wed May 31, 2017 6:01 am

I ordered 3 Omega buckles (standard 16mm stainless) from my watch parts supplier, who are authorised to sell Omega parts.

Today I received 1 buckle, with a note saying that "parts restricted by Swatch, minimum quantity only, while stocks last" :rolleyes: :shrug: :banghead:
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

afc14284
Name: Ricardo

Re: Swatch being dicks

Post by afc14284 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:49 pm

That's not difficult to believe considering how Swatch handles its business nowadays...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Wed May 31, 2017 7:49 pm

Perhaps Omega are restricting resale.
only accurate watches are interesting

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am

Well that's nothing new. I figured they were dicks when they black balled us in the USA from getting archive letters on our vintage omegas but they let any one in Europe get one from then on I knew they were BIG ASS DICKS

Heuerville
Name: Stewart

Post by Heuerville » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:57 am

Well, I ordered another buckle and it arrived.. seems I have to order them one by one :rolleyes:
Stewart - Heuerville & Heuerville Straps
http://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/
"SOB get me a drink"

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 am

I thought they have been doing this regulation for a long time?

poppydog
aka Nelldog
Name: Steve

Post by poppydog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm

I'm pissed and in the mood for this bullshit. Send me their address and I'll sort it.
Regards

Steve

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:40 pm

poppydog wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm
I'm pissed and in the mood for this bullshit. Send me their address and I'll sort it.
Hahaha, save that email for your boss. :stir: :mrgreen:

poppydog
aka Nelldog
Name: Steve

Post by poppydog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 pm

toxicavenger wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:40 pm
poppydog wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:42 pm
Hahaha, save that email for your boss. :stir: :mrgreen:
I am tempted :lol:
Regards

Steve

TyrantLizardRex
Name: Chris

Post by TyrantLizardRex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:01 am

River Rat wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:37 am
Well that's nothing new. I figured they were dicks when they black balled us in the USA from getting archive letters on our vintage omegas but they let any one in Europe get one from then on I knew they were BIG ASS DICKS
That's something to do with copyright holding, and some other bullshit... having talked to a few of the people in Switzerland, they're not exactly happy about not being able to offer the service to US customers... you guys represent a huge share of their potential market.

On the buckles thing - I've had the same issue in the boutiques - they'll only provide one of the same item, on the same order, I ordered 2 X-33 kevlar straps, and wanted two buckles, so that I didn't have to switch... they sent one, but happily provided a second on a different order number.

Weird but not the end of the world. ;)

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:47 am

TyrantLizardRex wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:01 am
River Rat wrote:
That's something to do with copyright holding, and some other bullshit... having talked to a few of the people in Switzerland, they're not exactly happy about not being able to offer the service to US customers... you guys represent a huge share of their potential market.

On the buckles thing - I've had the same issue in the boutiques - they'll only provide one of the same item, on the same order, I ordered 2 X-33 kevlar straps, and wanted two buckles, so that I didn't have to switch... they sent one, but happily provided a second on a different order number.

Weird but not the end of the world. ;)
Probably since then the thought of buying a new one from them has never entered my mind no potential market from me there like Doxa dicks. I got three vintage Omegas a speedy, Omega RAF 53 and a Omega 300 and I can't get archive letters for none of them screw those dicks in Switzerland I hope those dicks read this. The omega 1957 trilogy I mite of been a customer see you dicks lost a sale.

TyrantLizardRex

Post by TyrantLizardRex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm

River Rat wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:47 am

Probably since then the thought of buying a new one from them has never entered my mind no potential market from me there like Doxa dicks. I got three vintage Omegas a speedy, Omega RAF 53 and a Omega 300 and I can't get archive letters for none of them screw those dicks in Switzerland I hope those dicks read this. The omega 1957 trilogy I mite of been a customer see you dicks lost a sale.
From a post over on the Omega Forums:

"...Omega does not have trademark rights to sell/do business, in the US over the internet. They can not provide this service to US customers electronically. You can get the form and order an extract from Switzerland via mail by going a local boutique in person."

Sounds like Americans being dicks.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm

TyrantLizardRex wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:30 pm
River Rat wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:47 am

From a post over on the Omega Forums:

"...Omega does not have trademark rights to sell/do business, in the US over the internet. They can not provide this service to US customers electronically. You can get the form and order an extract from Switzerland via mail by going a local boutique in person."

Sounds like Americans being dicks.
Let me tell you a story I had a Omega SHOM wanted a letter from the archive I tried to go through Toppers a Omega boutique in the good old USA he was lost did not know how to do it he at least he tried he tried to contact the right people I email Swatch in the states with no luck. One of our mods in England Andy help me out I gave him the info and he ordered it for me they sent it to him then he sent it to me and I paid Andy now who is being a Dick not me. It was a pain in the ASS. The main reason I wanted the archive letter was about the myth of the SHOM being a French issued watch and did find out it was legit and not a watchco version but not issued so put the myth to rest. We should not have to jump through so many hoops to get one. Like us in the state are treated like red headed step child's it's a piece of paper not a watch part or a watch. I got a vintage Zenith Special coming and I can go on line order a archive letter strait from Switzerland and the same with Longines no hassle they know how to treat customers right maybe Omega can learn from them.

TyrantLizardRex

Post by TyrantLizardRex » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:27 pm

River Rat wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Let me tell you a story I had a Omega SHOM wanted a letter from the archive I tried to go through Toppers a Omega boutique in the good old USA he was lost did not know how to do it he at least he tried he tried to contact the right people I email Swatch in the states with no luck. One of our mods in England Andy help me out I gave him the info and he ordered it for me they sent it to him then he sent it to me and I paid Andy now who is being a Dick not me. It was a pain in the ASS. The main reason I wanted the archive letter was about the myth of the SHOM being a French issued watch and did find out it was legit and not a watchco version but not issued so put the myth to rest. We should not have to jump through so many hoops to get one. Like us in the state are treated like red headed step child's it's a piece of paper not a watch part or a watch. I got a vintage Zenith Special coming and I can go on line order a archive letter strait from Switzerland and the same with Longines no hassle they know how to treat customers right maybe Omega can learn from them.
Did you read what I wrote? You know, the part that I went away and researched in an attempt to answer your question with facts? You know what facts are right?

Let's try again.

Not a customer service issue, a legal issue. They cannot, not do not want to, but cannot, sell anything online in the USA.

And with Toppers being an AD rather than a boutique, I'm not surprised that they couldn't help you/had no idea what you were talking about.

Given how butt hurt you are about not being able to order a piece of paper on the internet, I'd hate to see you worked up about something that matters.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Now lets talk about swatch stopping watchmakers from ordering parts were your stuck having swatch do the work. Were the local watchmaker goes out of business. Otto Frei a parts house has a big page about it. And so do some watchmakers web sites. Here is Zenith page no hoops to jump through and do you work for Omega ?
http://www.zenith-watches.com/en_en/extraits-archive

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:45 pm

Here's some thing for you

TyrantLizardRex

Post by TyrantLizardRex » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:49 am

River Rat wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:34 pm
Now lets talk about swatch stopping watchmakers from ordering parts were your stuck having swatch do the work. Were the local watchmaker goes out of business. Otto Frei a parts house has a big page about it. And so do some watchmakers web sites. Here is Zenith page no hoops to jump through and do you work for Omega ?
You seem to have a special line in being spectacularly uninformed on purpose.

Independent watch makers can and do have accounts with the Swatch Group - I use two independents in the UK to work on my watches, both have access to parts.

Swatch won't sell to parts warehouses? Boo fucking woo.

Your watchmaker won't get accredited with Swatch? Boo fucking woo.

The big company won't do what you want? Boo fucking woo.

Grow up.

Do I work for Omega? No.

Do I like to have the facts behind me, rather than acting like a dick and spouting whatever nonsense I've read on the internet/made up after a few too many beers? Yes.

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:05 am

Where's that movie popcorn emoji
The Hapa

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:12 am

TyrantLizardRex wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:49 am
River Rat wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:34 pm
You seem to have a special line in being spectacularly uninformed on purpose.

Independent watch makers can and do have accounts with the Swatch Group - I use two independents in the UK to work on my watches, both have access to parts.

Swatch won't sell to parts warehouses? Boo fucking woo.

Your watchmaker won't get accredited with Swatch? Boo fucking woo.

The big company won't do what you want? Boo fucking woo.

Grow up.

Do I work for Omega? No.

Do I like to have the facts behind me, rather than acting like a dick and spouting whatever nonsense I've read on the internet/made up after a few too many beers? Yes.
Now if you look back on this thread I jumped on Omega shit not on you then you jumped on me you started it. I don't know maybe your just having a bad day and I was just easy to jump on maybe your the one that should grow up. Maybe you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or a bad day at work. We were talking about stuff we did not like about OMEGA not you then you freaked out get a grip on life and grow up your self dam I am old enough to be your daddy. Been a member of this forum since the beginning was a fun place to hang out and we were not dicks to each other some of the older members don't show up as often miss that. Dam posted that photo due to the name you use to try to mellow you out figure you would get a laugh dude you don't even have a since of humor.

TyrantLizardRex

Post by TyrantLizardRex » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:41 am

Again, did you read what I wrote?

You made a statement about getting an Omega Extract in the states and claimed it was down to "the swiss being dicks"

I advised you that you were incorrect, and gave you the reason that Omega can't give you what you want.

You continued to shout and scream and ignore the information provided.

You then went a bit nuts about Omega's parts policy.

I advised you that you'd got it wrong again, and that I use two independents that buy parts from Omega, they're not shutting out the independents, they're saying they have to meet certain standards of training, equipment and premises.

You chose to ignore that too, and are now telling me to grow up, get a grip on life, and mellow out.

I am as mellow as it's possible to be without passing out... I'm still unsure what you're upset about... beyond wanting to shout at a company that won't or can't do the things you want?

It's almost like one of us is shouting and screaming, and saying, "Make the Forums great again!", and the other is saying, "Hey dude, that thing you're upset about, maybe get your facts straight before shooting your mouth off, cos you sound like an arsehole."

But hey, you've been here a long time, so you do what you like.

To quote the late, great, Terry Pratchett: "My bum has been a bum for a long time, but that doesn't mean I have to listen to it".

Peace out.

rain_maker
Name: Fred

Post by rain_maker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:45 am

River Rat wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:12 am

Now if you look back on this thread I jumped on Omega shit not on you then you jumped on me you started it. I don't know maybe your just having a bad day and I was just easy to jump on maybe your the one that should grow up. Maybe you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed or a bad day at work. We were talking about stuff we did not like about OMEGA not you then you freaked out get a grip on life and grow up your self dam I am old enough to be your daddy. Been a member of this forum since the beginning was a fun place to hang out and we were not dicks to each other some of the older members don't show up as often miss that. Dam posted that photo due to the name you use to try to mellow you out figure you would get a laugh dude you don't even have a since of humor.
:salute:
:cheers:

Marjak
Name: Mart

Post by Marjak » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:08 am

Why does Omega not have trademark rights to sell online in the U.S.? Just curious...
- Mart -

Foo2rama
Name: Phil

Post by Foo2rama » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:16 pm

River Rat wrote:
Odd I walked into an Omega Boutique asked to get an extract of the archives and they did it for my 145.022-76 no problem. Then they told me they could email me a form I could fill out and email/fax back and they would do it for any other watches I own. No authorized dealer like Topper has any connection to Omega and would not be able to source an extract anywhere in the world. Extracts are easily available in the US, and the info I gave is also a top hit if you google for it. They told me not being available online is due to someone registering the trademark Omega at some point for online sales and until that runs out no online sales presence for Omega in the US. Personally I'm too lazy to pull the copyright search to prove it but they are not the only company that has this same problem. But hey if you think Omega wants to randomly screw over it's largest market for no reason at all, I've got a bridge for sale.

Long time lurker first time poster.

River Rat
DWC Tribal Council

Post by River Rat » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:59 pm

Foo2rama wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:16 pm
River Rat wrote:
Odd I walked into an Omega Boutique asked to get an extract of the archives and they did it for my 145.022-76 no problem. Then they told me they could email me a form I could fill out and email/fax back and they would do it for any other watches I own. No authorized dealer like Topper has any connection to Omega and would not be able to source an extract anywhere in the world. Extracts are easily available in the US, and the info I gave is also a top hit if you google for it. They told me not being available online is due to someone registering the trademark Omega at some point for online sales and until that runs out no online sales presence for Omega in the US. Personally I'm too lazy to pull the copyright search to prove it but they are not the only company that has this same problem. But hey if you think Omega wants to randomly screw over it's largest market for no reason at all, I've got a bridge for sale.

Long time lurker first time poster.
This forum has change names and owners and I was here in it's beginning and even WU remember the problem I had and one of our mods Andy volunteered to get me one since he is in England this happened about 5-8 years ago can't find the thread I am no liar. And older members remember it you just starting out here since your not a old timer I am trying to be kind to a newbie. I am a retired Navy and my mouth can get foul so trying to keep it clean I got screwed I filled out the on line form then it said no US customers can get one contact US swatch I did got the run around then tried going through Toppers and toppers tried but did not know what to do. Why can't it be simple like the rest of the world you go on line inter the watch info and pay instead of going to a shop. See I live in MT now not many Omega stores so for us collectors dam just going on line like I did for a issued Czech Longines or a vintage Zenith with no middle man would be great why do we got to go to a middle man ? Dam hope swatch don't buy Longines or Zenith. I thinks it's a $100 or more for a Omega archive letter I got three watches that need one $300 bucks not going to infringe much with US Swatch. Drive 400 miles or more to a Omega Boutique and then you get there and there lost on how to get one not some thing some body wants when they go into a boutique so a crap shoot I found that out when I use to live close to one in Calif. I think I was the first person who ever asked for one Toppers really did try but the people they called did not know what to do I guess Swatch is who they called. Maybe Swatch cleaned up there act so why it was easy for you. But when you live out in the boonies 400-500 miles from a Boutique dam sell me a piece of paper on line.
Last edited by River Rat on Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:03 pm

Swatch already owns Longines.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins