What do you drive???

Discuss your favorite music, TV shows & movies, cars and sports here.
streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Re: What do you drive???

Post by streetracer101 » Wed May 31, 2017 2:39 am

goaliechris wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
ezcheese wrote:
Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm
ericf4 wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:21 am
my Lease on the Acura MDX is up soon and I gotta figure out the next car. Not sure whether i need another SUV or a sedan.....Really liking this Giulia but no clue on reliability etc. Just a cool looking car...at reasonable price. Anyone have experience with an Alfa?

I've been looking at these too and am very concerned about long-term reliability.
Seems like a big a gamble to take to me. $43000 to build it as I'd spec it and that comes with an unproven US track record. That said, it looks nice in the pics.

Buddy has had one for about 4 months and absolutely loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It has a lot of pros. My biggest concern would be long term reliability and parts availability. It is the type of car that I'd lease.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dnslater
Name: Nick

Post by dnslater » Wed May 31, 2017 4:25 am

streetracer101 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 2:39 am
goaliechris wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
ezcheese wrote:
ericf4 wrote:
my Lease on the Acura MDX is up soon and I gotta figure out the next car. Not sure whether i need another SUV or a sedan.....Really liking this Giulia but no clue on reliability etc. Just a cool looking car...at reasonable price. Anyone have experience with an Alfa?

I've been looking at these too and am very concerned about long-term reliability.
Seems like a big a gamble to take to me. $43000 to build it as I'd spec it and that comes with an unproven US track record. That said, it looks nice in the pics.

It has a lot of pros. My biggest concern would be long term reliability and parts availability. It is the type of car that I'd lease.

I think when Car and Driver recently reviewed it, it didn't even make it through their test drive without breaking down, and they still loved it. I wouldn't want to live with it daily though. Especially not the first production year.

ericf4
(TBD) Penis

Post by ericf4 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:20 am

im not concerend too much with long term reliability as i always lease, that said i want it to start and run every day for the 2-3 years i have it...
Visit my Music/Drumming Channel at:

https://youtube.com/ericfeuer

r.palace

What do you drive???

Post by r.palace » Wed May 31, 2017 5:24 am

Accord Sport Special Edition for Mrs. P

Got it on Saturday. Surprisingly was able to make a sweet deal in Miami. Folks down here don't like to make a deal.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Post by BBK357 » Wed May 31, 2017 5:50 am

r.palace wrote:Image

Got it on Saturday. Surprisingly was able to make a sweet deal in Miami. Folks down here don't like to make a deal.

Is that a mural of Cesar Daniel G after his wife through his SM300 across the room?
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:05 am

dnslater wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 2:39 am
goaliechris wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
ezcheese wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

I think when Car and Driver recently reviewed it, it didn't even make it through their test drive without breaking down, and they still loved it. I wouldn't want to live with it daily though. Especially not the first production year.
Quick sedan is a great combo. I plan to add an older gen V8 M3 to the stable in the coming year. I can get a low milage e90 for about $30k and have a faster car with proven reliability and predictable repair costs. The newer cars scare me with all their electronic wizardry. I love the styling of the Alfa, but I'd never buy one outright.

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Wed May 31, 2017 11:47 am

I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

zepp21
Name: Alex

Post by zepp21 » Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm

shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed May 31, 2017 9:58 pm

BBK357 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 5:50 am
r.palace wrote:Image

Is that a mural of Cesar Daniel G after his wife through his SM300 across the room?
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :salute:

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed May 31, 2017 10:38 pm

ezcheese wrote:
ericf4 wrote:

I saw a Giulia today. Grey with red leather. Love at first sight. Beautiful.

shaneotool
Name: Paul

Post by shaneotool » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:33 pm

zepp21 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2017 6:22 pm
shaneotool wrote:I drive this truck. I'd like to have something fun to drive too, but i can really only afford one car at a time.

Truck prices are no joke today. A moderately equipped V8 gas 1500 will easily run into the upper 40s. Make the switch to diesel and you can easily get into 60k without blinking.

Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

You can get a hell of a nice car for the price of a ho-hum suv or truck...

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm

shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

Yes - it is BS. SUV's are even worse. My wife want a full size SUV and those are ridiculously expensive. Like 50k with cloth seats..

My wife has requested a Denali XL for her next vehicle. Price is insane.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

streetracer101

Post by streetracer101 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:17 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

I'd tell my wife to eat a d if she wanted one of those. None of the trucks or SUVs are worth their asking price. I don't understand where people get the coin to buy these new vehicles.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:27 pm

Speaking of trucks, just picked this up. I need to get some more pictures since I've already started making changes. The FX4 Off Road decals have been removed and have a tonneau cover on the way. This thing is badass. I love the Sync system with Apple Car Play.

cdnwatchguy
Name: Keith

Post by cdnwatchguy » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 pm

Hornet01 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm
2014 911 4S. Picked it up at the Porsche factory in Stuttgart and drove around Europe for three weeks before shipping it home. Great experience to get it on the Autobahn (285 km/h).

cheers,

Keith

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am

streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

I'd tell my wife to eat a d if she wanted one of those. None of the trucks or SUVs are worth their asking price. I don't understand where people get the coin to buy these new vehicles.

This reminds me of comments from a friend after he looked at new Escalades. He owned one about 10-15 years ago, but took one look at $90k and walked away.

The Hapa

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:02 pm

cdnwatchguy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:42 pm
Hornet01 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 7:10 pm
2014 911 4S. Picked it up at the Porsche factory in Stuttgart and drove around Europe for three weeks before shipping it home. Great experience to get it on the Autobahn (285 km/h).

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ezcheese
Cheese Connoisseur
Name: Derek

Post by ezcheese » Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:05 pm

HapaHapa wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 am
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

This reminds me of comments from a friend after he looked at new Escalades. He owned one about 10-15 years ago, but took one look at $90k and walked away.
Seriously. Once you go beyond 60k for an SUV, you should go Porsche.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm

ezcheese wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

Says the guy with no kids.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

nweash
Name: Nick

What do you drive???

Post by nweash » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:09 pm

My parents just got the new Escalade XL. sticker was 93k. I think they paid 83k after incentives. Features are insane.

I
I
Heads up display
I
Rear view mirror is a camera.

Center console has a secret cubby with USB. You have to rub the bottom metal piece and it opens up.

I barely got to test drive the thing before they drove it from CA to IOWA.

Grear car, however I still prefer my Lexus for quality and aesthetic reasons.

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm
ezcheese wrote:
HapaHapa wrote:
streetracer101 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm

Torrid wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:01 pm
CGSshorty wrote:
ezcheese wrote:
Word. If I'm paying more than $60k it's either American or a Land Rover. I've been in plenty of Porsches and their cars are wonderful. The SUVs are just rebadged VWs with more powerful engines. They're nice, but not exactly trucks.
It's funny you guys are discussing this. Since the birth of my daughter last month(child #4), I can no longer hold on to my favorite vehicle of all time, the Honda Element. My little brother can't wait to take it from me, :crybaby: .

I always like the boxy shape of the Element and the Land Rover LR4 ,with its 7-seat capacity, hits the spot. I'm in the middle of negotiating a slightly used 2016, LR4 HSE LUXury. 2016 is the last year production for the LR4s and they want $69k for it(19k miles) located in Texas. They are selling like hot cakes and I just missed out on one the sold for $64k with $7k miles which was located in Indiana. :cussing: Both are certified used with 100k miles or 6yr warranty through Land Rover dealerships nationwide.

Here is the one that I'm considering, but not for $69k. I'm still waiting for the agent's response as we have been communicating via email. He might have been off today and this one may already have sold by the time he responds to me tomorrow.

It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:00 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm
Torrid wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
ezcheese wrote:
It's funny you guys are discussing this. Since the birth of my daughter last month(child #4), I can no longer hold on to my favorite vehicle of all time, the Honda Element. My little brother can't wait to take it from me, :crybaby: .

I always like the boxy shape of the Element and the Land Rover LR4 ,with its 7-seat capacity, hits the spot. I'm in the middle of negotiating a slightly used 2016, LR4 HSE LUXury. 2016 is the last year production for the LR4s and they want $69k for it(19k miles) located in Texas. They are selling like hot cakes and I just missed out on one the sold for $64k with $7k miles which was located in Indiana. :cussing: Both are certified used with 100k miles or 6yr warranty through Land Rover dealerships nationwide.

Here is the one that I'm considering, but not for $69k. I'm still waiting for the agent's response as we have been communicating via email. He might have been off today and this one may already have sold by the time he responds to me tomorrow.

Hey G love the look of the Discovery both inside & out, as you have stated make sure it has a extended warranty, drive that thing like it's stolen right up until the day prior to the warranty expiring, then sell it. If only LR had the reliability of Toyota. Hence why I bought a Land Cruiser Prado here in Aus. Good luck mate with the new ride and enjoy. Jules
Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

93 Turbo
Name: Jules

Post by 93 Turbo » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:01 am

Axelay2003 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:58 pm
Torrid wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
ezcheese wrote:

Strength is = 2 or > than "tipping over a so- called smart car plastered in “Coexist” bumper stickers".

Pat McNamara.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:57 am

shaneotool wrote:
zepp21 wrote:

What's full size to her? Have you looked into the Nissan pathfinder or is she wanting an Expediton sized vehicle? The Nissan is a good vehicle and you can get it reasonably fully equipped for like 40k.