Trouvaille Watches

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Trouvaille Watches

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BSears
The Grumpy Global Mod
Name: Mr. Dibs
Location: Big Blue Nation, Land of the Free-Home of the Brave

Re: Trouvaille Watches

Post by BSears » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:17 am

Looks like they couldn't decide who to copy so they just did several.
You give respect, you'll get respect - you just don't know your place.

justsellbrgs
Name: John

Post by justsellbrgs » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 am

look great Tom..... I mean Terry
"Go forth, my progeny, grab the world by the balls, squeeze hard and shake vigorously." J. Koch (aka "Swedefreak")

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:55 am

They could have aligned the bezel on the first one. I'm guessing the bottom one is a copy of the center seconds Patek Calatrava but some blue Seiko inspired hands but too short.

trouvaillewatches
Name: Trouvaille Watches

Post by trouvaillewatches » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi Folks, thanks for giving our watches some free publicity in a new forum. We appreciate all feedback, both good and bad as it allows us to make adjustments if needed.

Would like to clear up a few things from the previous posts

1. Yes, we are a new watch brand looking to make a difference. We are focused on providing true quality swiss made watches at fair prices. We also offer a 5 year warranty and a 30 day "Hassle Free" return policy if your not happy after receiving your watch, as long as it's unworn with all packaging. In addition a portion of the proceeds from sales go to charity as we believe in paying it forward and helping others.

2. We actually did not copy anyone. All of our watches are designed by our manufacturer. There are only so many designs in the watch world and there will be similarities between companies as we all need to sell watches. But I can guarantee you that if check the calibre movements we are using versus competitors movements (the real names, not their own names of the movement) that our prices are considerably lower.

I'm a watch enthusiast looking to offer great watches and make them affordable for folks like you without cutting corners. We save money by selling direct to you without the huge overhead of big brands, that savings is passed on to you as a customer and some goes to us to pay the bills. Very simple disrupting concept.

3. Thanks for noticing the bezel, good catch, I will doc $ from my photographer. Glad you are paying close attention to the detail of our photos. As far as copy see response #2, but if someone thinks our watch looks as good as a Patek, that's a great compliment. Regarding the hands, they are actually not short. They are the standard size used with Ronda 515 movement, our markers are smaller and not inset as with some competitors which makes the hands appear to look longer.

Lastly, if those are the only things you guys can find wrong with our watches, then I think we've done a pretty good job and we look forward to your purchases.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:29 pm

trouvaillewatches wrote:2. We actually did not copy anyone. All of our watches are designed by our manufacturer. There are only so many designs in the watch world and there will be similarities between companies as we all need to sell watches. But I can guarantee you that if check the calibre movements we are using versus competitors movements (the real names, not their own names of the movement) that our prices are considerably lower.
Exactly. Why is every new microbrand expected to produce a ground breaking design? Granted, some brands are more derivative than others, and some just churn out blatant copies, but I don't think either applies here.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

matt.wu
Wu
Name: m@

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:32 pm

Steve O. wrote:
trouvaillewatches wrote:2. We actually did not copy anyone. All of our watches are designed by our manufacturer. There are only so many designs in the watch world and there will be similarities between companies as we all need to sell watches. But I can guarantee you that if check the calibre movements we are using versus competitors movements (the real names, not their own names of the movement) that our prices are considerably lower.
Exactly. Why is every new microbrand expected to produce a ground breaking design? Granted, some brands are more derivative than others, and some just churn out blatant copies, but I don't think either applies here.
Because why would you start a brand if you're just going to copy someone? I'd argue just don't start your own company until you have a groundbreaking design.
:htfu:

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:34 pm

FWIW - in this case, I don't find any of the watches particularly derivative, but I can't say there seems to be any direction or cohesiveness in the offerings either. It's sort of a shotgun approach, which is fine.

Steve O.
Name: Uh, Steve

Post by Steve O. » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:46 pm

matt.wu wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
Because why would you start a brand if you're just going to copy someone? I'd argue just don't start your own company until you have a groundbreaking design.
Well, if you applied that logic to say, the automotive industry, where would we be today? Henry Ford had a ground breaking design - General Motors and the Dodge brothers did not. There will always be similarities in design and function of consumer goods and luxury items. The free market will decide who survives and who doesn't.
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin

matt.wu
Wu

Trouvaille Watches

Post by matt.wu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Similarities of function (duh) and design are fine. Both are round. Both are made from metal. Of course you have to draw the line somewhere.

Homages and releasing anything completely unoriginal? Laziness and plagiarism.

Again, probably wrong thread because this doesn't apply to the watches in the OP, but I disagree with giving companies a pass just because they're young.

But hey, folks can keep doing what they're doing. I suppose we can continue the conversation in a few years when we look back at who's left in the microbrand space.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:53 pm

matt.wu wrote:I don't find any of the watches particularly derivative
I see some VC Overseas Chronograph in this one:

marchone
Capt. Obvious
Name: Wayne

Post by marchone » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:57 am

The top chrono with its elapsed time bezel is a very useful piece. Sinn (I had a 757 UTC) and Kobold are two others that come to mind. It's a type you don't see often. If Omega would add a rotatable bezel model to the Co-axial Speedy line it'd be a killer.

I think the VC comparison is a stretch.
only accurate watches are interesting

mikeylacroix
Name: Mike

Post by mikeylacroix » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:22 am

I see this more

trouvaillewatches

Post by trouvaillewatches » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:59 am

To all the folks that are concerned about new micro-brands copying other companies watches. As stated earlier we haven't copied anyone's watches. I'll just say that if we can offer a similar watch in the market that has a similar style because many people like it, but put our own twist on it and sell it cheaper, why wouldn't you be a buyer or are you saying you'd rather pay thousands more for the watch that looks similar and has the same components?

I'll also let you all in on a little secret: There are manufacturers that own multiple brands like Swatch group, Richemont and LVMH to name a few and some of the watches look similar. There are also many manufacturers that will private label watches with your brand, another reason you see so many similar looking watches across brands.

Our brand was created with trust, integrity, transparency and the goal to provide high quality watches with all the components of the top brand watches without the ridiculously high prices. Check out our watches; for example in our automatics we use the same movements used in Breitling SuperOcean, Tag Carrera and IWC Pilot which can cost 4-5k, ours are priced considerably lower which aligns with our goals.

Thanks again for all the feedback, we appreciate all of you for helping us grow.

logan2z
IT Admin
Name: Andrew

Post by logan2z » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:11 am

trouvaillewatches wrote: I'll also let you all in on a little secret: There are manufacturers that own multiple brands like Swatch group, Richemont and LVMH to name a few and some of the watches look similar. There are also many manufacturers that will private label watches with your brand, another reason you see so many similar looking watches across brands.
I guess the difference there is that they own the design and can do whatever they want with it ;)

CGSshorty
Admin

Post by CGSshorty » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:35 am

Thank you for the education. I had never heard of Swatch Group or LVMH before.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:02 am

Cool, the logo reminds me of Led Zeppelin IV.

matt.wu
Wu

Post by matt.wu » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:07 am

CGSshorty wrote:Thank you for the education. I had never heard of Swatch Group or LVMH before.
:lol:

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:11 am

logan2z wrote:
matt.wu wrote:I don't find any of the watches particularly derivative
I see some VC Overseas Chronograph in this one:

Looks like the APRO, IWC Inge, and that VC had a geneticlly defective baby. The logo though. Clearly proof that the illuminati are real - and that they like off brand watches.

trouvaillewatches

Post by trouvaillewatches » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:59 am

Clearly proof that the illuminati are real - and that they like off brand watches.[/quote]

It's actually a modified version of the celtic knot

JP Chestnut
Name: Jacob

Post by JP Chestnut » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Modified... for the illuminati!

HapaHapa
Name: Eric

Post by HapaHapa » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:11 am

I like the last one with plain dial and blue hands, which is odd because I don’t wear that style of watch.
The Hapa

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:03 am

justsellbrgs wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:22 am
look great Tom..... I mean Terry

:lol: Good one John, and was actually thinking the same thing too ! :grin:

What's nice is they have you covered no matter what type of watch you
might want, and even have both automatic, and quartz movement options
it looks like. Plus the prices seem reasonable as well.

Very cool Terry. ..Thanks once again !!! :salute:

Oh, and welcome Trouvaille Watches ! :)

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:39 pm

JP Chestnut wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:02 pm
Modified... for the illuminati!
:lol: Awesome

ChuckW
Name: Chuck

Post by ChuckW » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:46 pm

The name makes me think of what a drunk frat boy drops.
No, it's not Tourettes.