Brice had a huge loss in his family

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Re: Brice had a huge loss in his family

Post by Henryj » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:48 am

I wish I had some magic words that could ease the hurt, but i know there aren't any. I am just terribly sorry for your loss.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

aikiman44
Tiki Extraordinaire
Name: J

Post by aikiman44 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:56 am

My condolences for your tragic loss.
Sometimes counseling for the family members is of benefit.
"We'd better synchronize our watches."

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:57 am

Saw this on FB- deeply saddened...thoughts and prayers with you Brice and your
family..

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:06 am

Man, I am so sorry to hear this. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

ds760476
Name: Devon

Post by ds760476 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:46 am

So sorry for your loss! Thoughts and prayers for all of you, especially the two little people for whom this must be terrible and confusing.

hoppes-no9
Name: Dan

Post by hoppes-no9 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:41 am

Heartbreaking. Having been off the forums for the last few days, this just hit me this morning. Continued thoughts and prayers for Brice and his family.

chévere
Name: Jay

Post by chévere » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:18 am

This is unfathomable to me. On his IG post, he mentioned Ember's unwavering faith, which is awe-inspiring. I wish I had that fortitude. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Brice.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:28 am

Wow, honestly didn't know about this. Am sorry beyond any words I could write
Brice. She is definitely in Heaven now like you said, that you can be certain of sir.
Want you to know my family, and I are all thinking about you guys, and will be
praying for all of you as well Brice. So so sorry.

Dogmann
Name: Marc

Post by Dogmann » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:56 am

Really sad to have read this terrible news and just wish Brice and all of his family my sincerest condolences at this terrible time and all the best for the future.

Marc
Omega Speedmaster Apollo 8 Dark Side of the Moon
Chopard LUC Sport 2000 Blue Dial
Cartier Pasha 18k White Gold factory set diamond minute square and cabochon.
UTS 1000M Pro Diver Anthracite dial #79/200
Scubapro 500 Silver Bezel
Sinn 180a Vintage Chrono

Axelay2003
Name: Gerard

Post by Axelay2003 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:18 am

I saw this post yesterday and I was just speechless. Having three little boys and one girl on the way, I just can't fathom the weight you are experiencing on your shoulder. May God bless you and your family.
It's a beautiful world! Gerald.

Joe C
Name: Joe

Post by Joe C » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:00 pm

So sorry to hear about the terrible and heart wrenching loss of your daughter Brice. May the Lords peace be with you and your family.
pure awesomeness :
(adj) The condition of having no faults, being completely extreme, and incredibly sick at life.

AZpops
Name: Lance

Post by AZpops » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:21 pm

My sincerest condolences to you and your family!
Lance

Abmw

Post by Abmw » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:35 pm

Condolences
"My balls was hot" - Derrick Lewis

Jamie
I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you
Name: Jamie

Post by Jamie » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:42 pm

Oh my god

The loss of a family member is a very difficult time. My thoughts and prayers to you and yours Brice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jswing
Founder, TDWC MM300 Fan Club
Name: Jeff

Post by jswing » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:58 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this. Condolences to Brice and family.

foodle

Post by foodle » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:22 pm

Brice, so sorry for your loss.

R@cerx
Name: David

Post by R@cerx » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:40 pm

So sad, very sorry for your loss Brice.

deepsea_dweller
Name: Tom

Post by deepsea_dweller » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:33 pm

My deepest condolences Brice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeep99dad
Grand-père
Name: Brice

Brice had a huge loss in his family

Post by Jeep99dad » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 am

Hi DWC family,
I want to express my gratitude to you all, for all the support, prayers and words of encouragement. Some had been reaching out to me and sending me emails or PMs, I cant tell you how much it's meant to me.
For those wiling to read on, here is a little of the background and our last few months.

It had been a touch battle since they told us Ember had a huge tumor in her chest end of July. She went through so much, and a string of bad luck along the way-a doctor punctured her heart while removing fluid built up in the hospital, which lead to open heart surgery and a tough recovery in addition to battling that tumor, that disease. She went through so many tests, biopsies, CT Scans, PET Scans, transfusions, fluid removal from her lung... The steroid didn't help reduce the tumor but helped her to gain her appetite back and feel better... for a while. But it caused her to contract Cushing syndrome which can also be fatal. Her face had swollen so much, it was hard to see her change to the point some people couldn't recognizer her. Cushing also caused osteoporosis, muscle atrophy, etc... It was simply brutal, the last 2 weeks her health had deteriorated rapidly and we had recently moved her back in with us in her old room, so we could care for her, love her and make sure there was always someone with her as she could not function and be self-sufficient.
We had many doctors here at CMC and Levine Cancer center involved to diagnose her to no avail, then we also had Boston's Brigham & Women's Hospital top pathologist and thoracic surgeon, Rosetta Genomic a private company, then even had hr seen at Sloan & Kettering in NYC but the tumor/disease remained undiagnosed. It was so hard not knowing, not being able to formulate a treatment and watch her health decline so fast without being able to help her get better, feeling powerless...
The last few days were tough, just no other way to say it, she had gotten so weak, struggled to breathe, to make a basic sentence, couldnt move on her own. I took her to the oncologist appointment Wednesday morning and I had to lift her off the wheelchair, put her in the car, slide her legs in for her one at a time, put her seat belt on for her... I cant describe how hard it is to have to do such basic things for your child.
The toughest part was when the doctor took me aside and told me she only had weeks or even days, she had gotten that much worse since he last saw her two weeks prior. I fell back against the wall but I needed to quickly get myself together to go back in the room with Ember.
Thursday was Thanksgiving and we had everyone come to your house to celebrate, she got to see everyone or almost. Friday at 3:00am I got up to give her medicine, she was sleeping and I apologized for waking her up but I didnt want her to be in pain. She smiled and said it's ok, thank you. I told her I loved her and she did too. I lied her back down and she went to sleep. It was the last time I spoke with her.
Later in the morning, though she was still with us and breathing laboriously, i could not truly wake her up, her breathing slowed down and eventually stopped as we were talking to her waiting for the nurse. Watching her leave us to be by God's side was very painful, but gained an angel and she is no longer in pain. She breathes and walks even runs without a worry, or pain.
We are not angry, but we certainly are sad. We are thankful to have had her back home with us at the ends, to have been able to care for her, that she could see her baby everyday and got to see most of her family on Thanksgiving day. I am also very thankful that God spared her from the very invasive broad spectrum chemo we was about to start today if it was not going to heal her. We didnt want to see her get even worse and sicker. but she insisted on fighting this to the end with everything she had and every opportunity presented to her even if still undiagnosed.
Ember was full of life, loving, caring, an awesome, mom, daughter, big sister and friend. Her laugh was contagious, her love for life and others is how she is remembered She lives on, just in a different place a better place without pain and we'll see her again. That we know!

Thank you again for the comments and also for the donations of course. We've got lots to do still as we finalize all details for her funeral tomorrow.
Brice

With her husband Jon Figueroa making cookies at our house.

With her mom she loved so much

With her older sister Summer

With her son Ryker

With little Z

With jade and Raven

Merde Alors! Et Vive Les Francais! :)

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:41 am

Once again, Brice I can't imagine how this loss feels for you. Thank you for your post. May God bless you, your family, and Ember in Heaven
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

Panerai7
Name: Art

Post by Panerai7 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:44 am

Let me know if you need anything B.

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:01 am

truly tragic, my sincerest condolences
B, thoughts and prayers to you and your family

mellonb1
Name: Brian

Post by mellonb1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:12 am

May God give you and your family strength through this tragic loss. Thank you for sharing pictures and a little background on Ember. What a beautiful young woman. Life is precious...

chévere
Name: Jay

Post by chévere » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:36 am

Thank you for sharing, Brice. God bless you and your family. I'll be praying for you all.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:44 am

Something that no parent should ever have to experience. Deepest condolences to your family Brice.