Any experience with Resco?

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
Joe C
Name: Joe

Any experience with Resco?

Post by Joe C » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:12 pm

In my search for a pre- owned watch, Resco has come up on my radar.... I know a few of you have owned one, so what are your thoughts in terms of build quality and wearability? I dig the aesthetic, simple dial, and size.

Looking currently at an Oris Aquis.... But these look interesting..,, thanks for any thoughts or experience you could share.

pure awesomeness :
(adj) The condition of having no faults, being completely extreme, and incredibly sick at life.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Name: Vladimir

Re: Any experience with Resco?

Post by BBK357 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:15 pm

I had a resco gen one. Thought it was pretty solid. Liked it s lot. But didn't have a date and especially may cheaper earaches need s date
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:17 pm

-
DEATH FROM ABOVE

Joe C

Post by Joe C » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:49 pm

Well that looks pretty nice Ben... I agree I would need a date as well... How was the action on the bezel?
Would be perfect in the hospital.... You know, doing the Murse thing...
pure awesomeness :
(adj) The condition of having no faults, being completely extreme, and incredibly sick at life.

BBK357
Ban Jacobs

Post by BBK357 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Pretty sure 60 click bezel. Don't recall it being sloppy: well built watch but wouldn't spend over 1k on it.

I'm just a grunt nurse, not a high up nurse so your gas mileage may be different.
DEATH FROM ABOVE

SuperLeo
Name: Leo

Post by SuperLeo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:58 pm

When I first joined this site, I saw pics of the resco for the first time. I love the way they look. Simple yet so different. Would love to own a gen 1 one day.
patstarrx wrote:Well, you used a lot of big words, which I don't understand.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:08 pm

The Gen1 reissue is around $1500 new, add $250 for ETA motor. I owned a couple original Gen1's for a minute. Decent quality, great looking, and cool dial. This said, it's maybe a $1250 watch with the ETA, but there are better options at higher prices.

streetracer101
Name: Mr Shackleford

Post by streetracer101 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:32 am

I've had a bunch. They are nice watches, but they are kind of tall and always are uncomfortable on my wrist after a few hrs on the wrist.

abuemily
Name: Michael

Post by abuemily » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:42 am

I had one of the originals with the Slava movement. It had to go back 3 times under warranty. Last time came back with the bezel scratched up, which they denied doing. 60-click bezel--misaligned. Great lume and I thought it wore nicely on NATO's. Not on par with say, Aegir, for roughly the same price.

tattoo chef
<Will Skull for Food>
Name: Don

Post by tattoo chef » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:51 am

I like Resco Watches. I've had a Patriot and Manus in hand. The build quality is excellent. The cheap NATO straps they come with should be outlawed for what they charge.

Personally if I was to get one these days it would be the Kauffman only because I like the 44mm/22mm size better because of the thick bezel I find the 42mm wears small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe C

Post by Joe C » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:28 am

abuemily wrote:I had one of the originals with the Slava movement. It had to go back 3 times under warranty. Last time came back with the bezel scratched up, which they denied doing. 60-click bezel--misaligned. Great lume and I thought it wore nicely on NATO's. Not on par with say, Aegir, for roughly the same price.
3 times for warranty work? That sucks. I guess I would definitely want an ETA movt. Todd does make a nice watch, no doubt.
pure awesomeness :

Joe C

Post by Joe C » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:31 am

hoppyjr wrote:The Gen1 reissue is around $1500 new, add $250 for ETA motor. I owned a couple original Gen1's for a minute. Decent quality, great looking, and cool dial. This said, it's maybe a $1250 watch with the ETA, but there are better options at higher prices.
I agree on the price, I could never stomach buying new and taking the hit...was looking to stay around 1K....
pure awesomeness :

Joe C

Post by Joe C » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:33 am

tattoo chef wrote:I like Resco Watches. I've had a Patriot and Manus in hand. The build quality is excellent. The cheap NATO straps they come with should be outlawed for what they charge.

Personally if I was to get one these days it would be the Kauffman only because I like the 44mm/22mm size better because of the thick bezel I find the 42mm wears small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's no doubt the only NATOs I would rock would be Terry's Toxic. Good point on the thick bezel makes my the watch wear small.
pure awesomeness :

outtatime
Name: Jon

Post by outtatime » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:19 am

I either bought from or sold to Brice a gen1 Patriot. Wore incredibly small, too small for me. I liked it otherwise.
Current
Alpina Extreme Diver 300 | Benarus Ti47 | Breitling Avenger Seawolf | Eterna KonTiki Super 1973 | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Hamilton Pan Europ | IWC Aquatimer 2000 | Korsbek Oceaneer | Linde Werdelin The One 2.6 | Omega Seamaster 300 Spectre | Omega Seamaster 300 Titanium | Omega Seamaster 2531.80 | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow | Panerai 005 | Rolex Deepsea | Steinhart Nav-B 6497 | Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military | Stowa Seatime | Zenith El Primero Stratos

Incoming

Considering
PAM 422 | AP Royal Oak 15400 Silver | Rolex Explorer II 42mm Polar | Omega PO 8500 XL

Sometimes it's easier just to watch

Nomadz
Name: Nick

Post by Nomadz » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:34 am

Great watches great folks to deal with. I have had 4 of them. The original Russian gen 1 movements were about 50% turds and 50% ok. Most have been converted to ETA at this point.
" The sunshine bores the daylights outta me......"

hidden by leaves
Name: Anthony

Post by hidden by leaves » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:34 am

Joe C wrote:
abuemily wrote:I had one of the originals with the Slava movement. It had to go back 3 times under warranty. Last time came back with the bezel scratched up, which they denied doing. 60-click bezel--misaligned. Great lume and I thought it wore nicely on NATO's. Not on par with say, Aegir, for roughly the same price.
3 times for warranty work? That sucks. I guess I would definitely want an ETA movt. Todd does make a nice watch, no doubt.
They haven't used that Slava movement for years, however I did own one in a Patriot and had no issues. Now you pay premium for ETA or list price gets you the Val24. My second/current Gen 1 Patriot has this movement and has performed perfectly for me. Solid watches in my experience, although I'd have a hard time paying new prices for them as others have mentioned.

One point about straps etc. - the space between the springbar and case is quite small (on the Patriots anyway), so any thick NATO/zulu will be a bitch to install, if you can get it threaded at all...

This is mine (as you can see the strap issue is not too much trouble ;)

Cheers,
Anthony
Last edited by hidden by leaves on Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send lawyers, guns and money...

Joe C

Post by Joe C » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:43 pm

hidden by leaves wrote:
Joe C wrote:
They haven't used that Slava movement for years, however I did own one in a Patriot and had no issues. Now you pay premium for ETA or list price gets you the Val24. My second/current Gen 1 Patriot has this movement and has performed perfectly for me. Solid watches in my experience, although I'd have a hard time paying new prices for them as others have mentioned.

One point about straps etc. - the space between the springbar and case is quite small (on the Patriots anyway), so any thick NATA/zulu will be a bitch to install, if you can get it threaded at all...

This is mine (as you can see the strap issue is not too much trouble ;)

Cheers,
Anthony
That is a real nice looking watch....love that dial!
pure awesomeness :

mvyadam
Masshole
Name: Adam

Post by mvyadam » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:48 pm

Go on Jomashop, get an Oris Aquis blue sunray dial for $995, great fit, great price

r.palace

Post by r.palace » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 pm

mvyadam wrote:Go on Jomashop, get an Oris Aquis blue sunray dial for $995, great fit, great price
:1:

$1,147 on bracelet as well.
ImageImage
Many will register, few will last :htfu:

apnk
Supergluing Miscreant
Name: Juan

Post by apnk » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:59 pm

^^ Or you can get a titanium Stowa Prodiver for around $1150

caesarmascetti

Post by caesarmascetti » Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:35 pm

I've had mine for years it has the Russian movement wears really comfy on my wrist and a very cool looking dial. I like them