Name: Andy Tims

Schaumburg- a new brand to me

Post by andy tims » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:01 am

Andy

Chocodove
Name: Todd

Re: Schaumburg- a new brand to me

Post by Chocodove » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 am

I haven't heard this name for a long time, they put out some interesting divers in the early 00's and I guess could have been considered a micro at the time. In my early watch collecting days I really wanted one . If I recall correctly, they used to share cases and dials with Nauticfish. It looks like the designs have changed a bit, though.
- Todd

mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama

Post by mattcantwin » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:46 am

That's a pretty extensive line-up compared to what they used to offer.

Henryj
Bubblehead
Name: Old guy

Post by Henryj » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:39 am

Didn't they used to be Enzo Meccana clones? Or the other way around?
“Punishable by fine” = Legal for a price.”

jimyritz
Masshole
Name: Mike

Post by jimyritz » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:44 am

https://www.exquisitetimepieces.com/pc/ ... graph+No+1

The AQM line seems interesting...affordable..

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:54 am

Henryj wrote:Didn't they used to be Enzo Meccana clones? Or the other way around?
=========

From a 2010 DWC thread--http://www.thedivewatchconnection.com/f ... ?f=2&t=923

And this I found on WUS from Enzo himself... (Benson is Lindburgh and Benson or Schaumburg)...

Originally Posted by ENZO MECHANA

this is an old discussion, indeed, as it twas mates, years back, we had a design, all our own, and when we started working with the folks in asia we began combining elements with their middle case and deconstructing, it was meant to be fun, as we were wanting to share and work together, benson was about to release the basic case, we didnt choose anything of the shelf as implied, i moved in the factory basically, for about 8 months or so, and worked on all details, tore off the crown protectors, designed the huge logo crown/back, all bezels, dials, hands, logo clasp, drilled holes in the case and bracelet, 5.5mm domed sapphire crystal, taught them qc points, and finishing points., designed a watch for them as well to use, etc., etc.,

Mike

unsub073
Name: chris

Post by unsub073 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:40 am

I've had this one for a while now. It had to go back to the factory within the first 6 months b/c the watch crown was stripped, and you couldn't adjust the date or time at all. Everything was fixed, no charge. The watch is super light, and if you can adjust to the weird shape of the case, it is a comfortable watch.

falcon4311

Post by falcon4311 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm

They have some cool designs.

1watchaholic
Name: Gary

Post by 1watchaholic » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:16 pm

Henryj wrote:Didn't they used to be Enzo Meccana clones? Or the other way around?
I thought it was the other way around but Enzo Meccana had a much larger cult following. I had two of the older models, great watches.
Among Addictions…None is like the "Watchaholic" - Gary

Disc Golfer 209
Name: Luis

Post by Disc Golfer 209 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:28 pm

jimyritz wrote:
=========

And this I found on WUS from Enzo himself... (Benson is Lindburgh and Benson or Schaumburg)...

this is an old discussion, indeed, as it twas mates, years back, we had a design, all our own, and when we started working with the folks in asia we began combining elements with their middle case and deconstructing, it was meant to be fun, as we were wanting to share and work together, benson was about to release the basic case, we didnt choose anything of the shelf as implied, i moved in the factory basically, for about 8 months or so, and worked on all details, tore off the crown protectors, designed the huge logo crown/back, all bezels, dials, hands, logo clasp, drilled holes in the case and bracelet, 5.5mm domed sapphire crystal, taught them qc points, and finishing points., designed a watch for them as well to use, etc., etc.,

Mike
Then the "word" is that they chose not to pay and use them for manufacturing so they took the prototypes somewhere else. So Longio started offering the design to other companies. I don't blame Longio if that's the case.

I have one of their cases and it's a super fun and comfy watch.

DEMO

Post by DEMO » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:43 am

Don't know who came first. I've had a couple NauticFish by Schaumburg and I've also had an Enzo EM001. The NauticFish, even though they say they are made in Germany are made in China. Quality is average China microbrand. The designs were pretty cool though. I like the earlier designs better than their current designs.

I had this 1000m NauticFish back in 2006. Lume was basically non-existant and finishing quality was so-so. It also had the typical 5 link bracelet that every microbrand had at the time.

I also had this NauticFish called the Monosafe MSC-1 back in 2009. Finishing was better on this one but again, lume was really weak.

The Enzo EM001 I had back in 2007 was a cool watch, I really liked the design, it had a lot of very cool design elements. But it did shared the same case and bracelet as the 2006 NauticFish.

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:45 pm

Disc Golfer 209 wrote:
jimyritz wrote:
=========

Mike
Then the "word" is that they chose not to pay and use them for manufacturing so they took the prototypes somewhere else. So Longio started offering the design to other companies. I don't blame Longio if that's the case.

---------

LM-3???

jimyritz
Masshole

Post by jimyritz » Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:49 pm

DEMO wrote:Don't know who came first. I've had a couple NauticFish by Schaumburg and I've also had an Enzo EM001. The NauticFish, even though they say they are made in Germany are made in China. Quality is average China microbrand. The designs were pretty cool though. I like the earlier designs better than their current designs.

I had this 1000m NauticFish back in 2006. Lume was basically non-existant and finishing quality was so-so. It also had the typical 5 link bracelet that every microbrand had at the time.

I also had this NauticFish called the Monosafe MSC-1 back in 2009. Finishing was better on this one but again, lume was really weak.

The Enzo EM001 I had back in 2007 was a cool watch, I really liked the design, it had a lot of very cool design elements. But it did shared the same case and bracelet as the 2006 NauticFish.

-----------

Love that Enzo Mechana- I had a Subhatch which I wish I still had..

Disc Golfer 209

Post by Disc Golfer 209 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:06 pm

jimyritz wrote:
Disc Golfer 209 wrote:
jimyritz wrote:
=========

Mike

---------

LM-3???
That's the one, LM-3.

Also had an automatic 8215 blue dial (without the bracelet) and a quartz chrono Deep Blue with same case but was too orange with that carbon fiber looking dial. No pics on this phone.

Disc Golfer 209

Post by Disc Golfer 209 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:15 pm

DEMO wrote:Don't know who came first. I've had a couple NauticFish by Schaumburg and I've also had an Enzo EM001. The NauticFish, even though they say they are made in Germany are made in China. Quality is average China microbrand. The designs were pretty cool though. I like the earlier designs better than their current designs.

That's was awesome to read and see beautiful pictures. Drool worthy stuff.

Always loved the Nauticfish but not the price so I went with this one with a super killer lume at around $600.

Xerfa BSB ETA 2836-2

But I had to sacrifice it one day and some months later I found this

Montrek Miyota 8215 (weak lume)

And that one's gone too.

I'd definitely get another Xerfa BSB but with blue second hand and keep it, hopefully.

Willieboy
Name: Bill

Post by Willieboy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:04 am

I believe Benarus used the same case for their Barracuda model. I have one of these:

Disc Golfer 209

Post by Disc Golfer 209 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:24 am

Willieboy wrote:I believe Benarus used the same case for their Barracuda model. I have one of these:

Love this one !

Been on my wish list for long time. I think that was Benarus first model but I could be wrong. Before Steve Laughlin became a partner.