ARES Watch Company

Discussion of ARES watches

Moderator: Grahamcombat

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11595
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Joeprez » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 am

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
rockmastermike
Feedback Virtuoso
Posts: 16210
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:13 pm
Name: WDE

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by rockmastermike » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:58 am

That’s the first live shot I’ve seen (I think) and looks awesome

User avatar
Henryj
Bubblehead
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Name: Abu Shanab
Location: Rossford, Oh.

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Henryj » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 am
Henryj wrote:Probably asked before, but I’m too lazy to look. Any chance of a Diver with date?
The upcoming gmt has a date
I saw that. I’m not as sure as I was on the GMT. Something about the hand length, dial, bezel relationship doesn’t quite work for me.
Gods may note the fall of every sparrow, but they make no effort to catch them.

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Steve O. » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:28 pm

Looks good Joe. Congrats!
“The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” - Mark Twain

User avatar
gonzomantis
Posts: 2848
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 pm
Name: Mike

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by gonzomantis » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:45 pm

Steve O. wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:28 pm
Looks good Joe. Congrats!
I don't think that is Joe's wrist, unless he and Matt got matching tats.

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11595
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Joeprez » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Steve O. wrote:Looks good Joe. Congrats!
Thanks but that’s Matt’s wrist. It will look bigger on mine :lol:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11595
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Joeprez » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 pm

gonzomantis wrote:
Steve O. wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:28 pm
Looks good Joe. Congrats!
I don't think that is Joe's wrist, unless he and Matt got matching tats.
Matching tats :love:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
Steve O.
Posts: 1599
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:31 pm
Name: Uh, Steve
Location: Atlanta OTP

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Steve O. » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:20 pm

Joeprez wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:54 pm
Steve O. wrote:Looks good Joe. Congrats!
Thanks but that’s Matt’s wrist. It will look bigger on mine :lol:


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bad. :oops:
“The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” - Mark Twain

User avatar
Ryeguy
Posts: 3581
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:03 pm
Name: Chris
Location: Rye

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Ryeguy » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 am

Henryj wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 am
Henryj wrote:Probably asked before, but I’m too lazy to look. Any chance of a Diver with date?
The upcoming gmt has a date
I saw that. I’m not as sure as I was on the GMT. Something about the hand length, dial, bezel relationship doesn’t quite work for me.
I’m on the other side of the fence. I applaud Matt for making a GMT with a functional timing bezel.

Everyone seems to make a GMT with a 24 hour scale rotating bezel insert which I find kinda pointless. I much prefer the 24 hour scale to be printed on the rehaut and allow me to have a timing bezel for everyday tasks.

The fact Matt the 24 hour scale rotatable to track a third time zone is just icing on the gravy (to quote Yogi) although it is a feature I’d likely never use. Two zones is confusing enough.

User avatar
Henryj
Bubblehead
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Name: Abu Shanab
Location: Rossford, Oh.

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Henryj » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:10 am

Ryeguy wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:20 am
Henryj wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:09 am
hoppyjr wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:34 am
Henryj wrote:Probably asked before, but I’m too lazy to look. Any chance of a Diver with date?
The upcoming gmt has a date
I saw that. I’m not as sure as I was on the GMT. Something about the hand length, dial, bezel relationship doesn’t quite work for me.
I’m on the other side of the fence. I applaud Matt for making a GMT with a functional timing bezel.

Everyone seems to make a GMT with a 24 hour scale rotating bezel insert which I find kinda pointless. I much prefer the 24 hour scale to be printed on the rehaut and allow me to have a timing bezel for everyday tasks.

The fact Matt the 24 hour scale rotatable to track a third time zone is just icing on the gravy (to quote Yogi) although it is a feature I’d likely never use. Two zones is confusing enough.
I agree with you. By adding a rotating internal bezel, I think it adds to the real estate out past the ends of the hands and that’s what throws it off to me. A simple fixed chapter ring with the 24 hour scale would’ve let the hands be longer. As for the outer bezel being a count down, I think it’s great.

Like you said, two time zones are enough, and a timing bezel is more useful. That’s what I like so much about the Diver 1, the main hands and the dial make the watch very readable at a glance, and the bezel makes cooking rice a snap. That’s the watch I’d like to see with a date. White numbers on a black wheel so it’s there when you look for it, and not so much when you don’t.

Nobody makes exactly the watch I want. Even the GS quartz GMT is a movable bezel away from perfecto.
Gods may note the fall of every sparrow, but they make no effort to catch them.

User avatar
HapaHapa
Posts: 7942
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:57 pm
Name: Eric
Location: Redondo Beach, CA

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by HapaHapa » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:35 pm

This analog GMT set-up seems very functional and easy to use. Just did a little reading on 24-hour hand functionality. Learned a lot, and learned that I didn't know much about that function. Matt's choice seems to be simplest method for my feeble head to read a second time zone and retain the countdown feature.
The Hapa

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11595
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Joeprez » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:41 pm

I like it a lot. Yes I would be fine with two time zones but actually like the movable 24 hour bezel (and the red crown). I prefer a diver’s timing bezel instead of a count down, but its not a deal breaker for me. The lug to lug may be a deal breaker for my girly wrist, but I’ll try one out anyways... should wear fine in a rubber strap.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

User avatar
Chocodove
Posts: 6235
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:35 pm
Name: Todd
Location: NJ/NY

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Chocodove » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:10 pm

Joeprez wrote:I like it a lot. Yes I would be fine with two time zones but actually like the movable 24 hour bezel (and the red crown). I prefer a diver’s timing bezel instead of a count down, but its not a deal breaker for me. The lug to lug may be a deal breaker for my girly wrist, but I’ll try one out anyways... should wear fine in a rubber strap.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do we know the specs on this one yet? If it’s the same as the three hander then it will probably be fine for you. I also have a small wrist (6.5”) and it wears very well.
- Todd

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 11595
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Joeprez » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback! I understand its the same case as the Diver-1.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

JonCustis
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm
Name: Jon

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by JonCustis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:29 pm

Mr. Graham,

PM sent.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 33487
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy
Location: Washington State

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by hoppyjr » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:46 pm

JonCustis wrote:Mr. Graham,

PM sent.
I’m not sure how often he’s here anymore, so you may want to email him through his website.

JonCustis
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:17 pm
Name: Jon

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by JonCustis » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:08 pm

Yep, I’m tracking on that. I’m trying there as well.

Thank you.

TedRzad
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue May 14, 2019 9:39 pm

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by TedRzad » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:21 pm

Great looking gear. I’ll be tracking Ares for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
Sidheguitarist
Man of many calibers.
Posts: 10257
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:16 pm
Name: Michael

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Sidheguitarist » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Need more urinal shots... ;)
mens room warfare.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Adrien79
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:49 am
Name: Henry Drou

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Adrien79 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:53 am

Joeprez wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 am
Image transfers Dieppe


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm in love

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 14879
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by mattcantwin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:50 am

Adrien79 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:53 am
I'm in love
Me, too.


Image
Image

User avatar
Henryj
Bubblehead
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Name: Abu Shanab
Location: Rossford, Oh.

Re: ARES Watch Company

Post by Henryj » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:33 am

Joeprez wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:35 am
Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oddly, this picture leads me to reverse part of what I said earlier. It’s the offset inner bezel that reminded me that there are +-15, 30, and 45 and minute time zones out there. All the GMT hands I’ve seen move only in full hour increments.
Gods may note the fall of every sparrow, but they make no effort to catch them.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests