Ares Auto GMT

Come on in and introduce yourself!
General watch talk.
User avatar
tmw
Posts: 3101
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Name: The Enabler
Location: Philly

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by tmw » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:23 am

Im in for the stainless.

As to pricing, we each have to judge.

I like what matt is doing - and glad to support a DWcer trying something new.

Im a gmt junkiee with watches. This one to me gives the best of both worlds that is rare - with two fully adjustable bezels - a diver and 24 hour. The only one close to this that I am aware of is the Omega Bond 2535...with dive bezel, and 24 hours on the dial - with it being fixed.

I thought with the price that what matt is adding is a nice offset: "And the GMT is backed by one of the strongest Warranties in the industry: Lifetime on the the case construction and a full 5 year Limited Warranty on the ARES ETA movement - which includes one complimentary service. "

That is not a bad thing with a service.
“To absent friends, lost loves, old gods, and the season of mists; and may each and every one of us always give the devil his due.”
― Neil Gaiman, The Sandman

I bought a cheap watch from a crazy man
Floating down canal
It doesn't use numbers or moving hands
It always just says now
Now you may be thinking that I was had
But this watch is never wrong
And If I have trouble the warranty said
Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On

- Jimmy Buffett

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 32632
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Ares Auto GMT

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am

Too rich for my blood right now. Maybe there will be a 3 hand, no-date automatic in the future.
This one looks great, but I don’t leave Florida often enough to need a GMT.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
mattcantwin
mattcreatestonsofwatchrelateddrama
Posts: 15728
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by mattcantwin » Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:35 am

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am
This one looks great, but I don’t leave Florida often enough to need a GMT.
Florida: The majority of Florida's panhandle, including the city of Pensacola, is on Central time.
Image

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 32632
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by CGSshorty » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:09 pm

mattcantwin wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am
This one looks great, but I don’t leave Florida often enough to need a GMT.
Florida: The majority of Florida's panhandle, including the city of Pensacola, is on Central time.
That’s basically Alabama. I don’t go there.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
jeckyll
Honorary Assistant Jr. Hall Monitor in Training
Posts: 11402
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:11 pm
Name: Björn

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by jeckyll » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
mattcantwin wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am
This one looks great, but I don’t leave Florida often enough to need a GMT.
Florida: The majority of Florida's panhandle, including the city of Pensacola, is on Central time.
That’s basically Alabama. I don’t go there.
Image

1 hour offset, you can probably do that math in your head too. Image
If you believe the doctors, nothing is wholesome; if you believe the theologians, nothing is innocent; if you believe the military, nothing is safe.
--Lord Salisbury

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by BacoNoir » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:42 pm

The ETA movement means the jumping hand for time zone changes is the GMT hand, rather than the hour hand - right?
Image

User avatar
matt.wu
Wu
Posts: 28925
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Name: m@
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by matt.wu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:51 pm

BacoNoir wrote:The ETA movement means the jumping hand for time zone changes is the GMT hand, rather than the hour hand - right?
Yup
:htfu:

User avatar
BacoNoir
Posts: 3294
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Name: Roger
Location: Colorado

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by BacoNoir » Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:59 pm

matt.wu wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:The ETA movement means the jumping hand for time zone changes is the GMT hand, rather than the hour hand - right?
Yup
That makes ETA based GMTs so much less functional.
Image

User avatar
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Posts: 45627
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:25 am
Name: HeadDIK
Location: Colorado Springs

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by toxicavenger » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:00 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:09 pm
mattcantwin wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 10:21 am
This one looks great, but I don’t leave Florida often enough to need a GMT.
Florida: The majority of Florida's panhandle, including the city of Pensacola, is on Central time.
That’s basically Alabama. I don’t go there.
LA - Lower Alabama. Or the redneck Riviera

User avatar
Seppia
Posts: 5461
Joined: Wed May 20, 2015 5:06 pm
Name: Andrea
Location: Italia

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by Seppia » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:42 pm

BacoNoir wrote:
matt.wu wrote:
BacoNoir wrote:The ETA movement means the jumping hand for time zone changes is the GMT hand, rather than the hour hand - right?
Yup
That makes ETA based GMTs so much less functional.
So much agree, ETA GMT movements are a total pain

User avatar
Joeprez
Wants to see pics of your wife
Posts: 12619
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:36 am
Name: Joe
Location: Puerto Rico

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by Joeprez » Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:27 am

Love the design of the watch, but I thought the quartz model would be released first (that's the one I want).

These should sell fast. Congrats Matt!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image

Image

Omega / Tudor / Rolex / Sinn / Hamilton / Seiko / Citizen / G Shock

juliawhite
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by juliawhite » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:31 pm

Congrats buddy!! :clap:

User avatar
CGSshorty
Admin
Posts: 32632
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:18 pm
Location: Boynton Beach, FL

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by CGSshorty » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:04 pm

juliawhite wrote:Congrats buddy!! :clap:
Let’s not make this awkward, Julia. Just admit you are here to spam us and we can all go about our business.
"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."
David St. Hubbins

User avatar
JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Posts: 16276
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:30 pm
Name: Dave
Location: Canada

Ares Auto GMT

Post by JDC222 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:10 pm

CGSshorty wrote:
juliawhite wrote:Congrats buddy!! :clap:
Let’s not make this awkward, Julia. Just admit you are here to spam us and we can all go about our business.
She can’t be a spammer!!! She’s a lawyer...Image

Image
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34325
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

JDC222 wrote:
CGSshorty wrote:
juliawhite wrote:Congrats buddy!! :clap:
Let’s not make this awkward, Julia. Just admit you are here to spam us and we can all go about our business.
She can’t be a spammer!!! She’s a lawyer...Image

Image
I would.

She has the Mary Kay Letourneau before arrest look.


User avatar
BBK357
Ban Jacobs
Posts: 25753
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Name: Vladimir Makarov
Location: Ohio

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by BBK357 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:10 am

Picture tells that she has a clean B hole


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEATH FROM ABOVE
:ak:

User avatar
dnslater
Posts: 5994
Joined: Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Name: Nick
Location: Indiana, USA

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by dnslater » Thu Jan 09, 2020 10:31 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

She has the Mary Kay Letourneau before arrest look.
You really know your female sex offenders - I had to google. I'm impressed.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34325
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am

dnslater wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

She has the Mary Kay Letourneau before arrest look.
You really know your female sex offenders - I had to google. I'm impressed.
She was local to me so I saw her on local news a lot when it happened.

I was disappointed back then. If she needed to let her freak flag fly she could’ve called me and most likely stayed out of jail.

User avatar
Henryj
Bubblehead
Posts: 4051
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:17 pm
Name: Abu Shanab
Location: Rossford, Oh.

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by Henryj » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:24 am

hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am
dnslater wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

She has the Mary Kay Letourneau before arrest look.
You really know your female sex offenders - I had to google. I'm impressed.
She was local to me so I saw her on local news a lot when it happened.

I was disappointed back then. If she needed to let her freak flag fly she could’ve called me and most likely stayed out of jail.
Hot school teachers that have old guy fetishes don’t make the news. I know I’d keep it quiet.
Live slow, die old, leave a thoroughly used up corpse.

User avatar
hoppyjr
HJ
Posts: 34325
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:05 am
Name: Hoppy

Re: Ares Auto GMT

Post by hoppyjr » Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:51 am

Henryj wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:09 am
dnslater wrote:
hoppyjr wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:49 am

She has the Mary Kay Letourneau before arrest look.
You really know your female sex offenders - I had to google. I'm impressed.
She was local to me so I saw her on local news a lot when it happened.

I was disappointed back then. If she needed to let her freak flag fly she could’ve called me and most likely stayed out of jail.
Hot school teachers that have old guy fetishes don’t make the news. I know I’d keep it quiet.
For sure. I’m like a bank vault.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kwiteaboy and 29 guests