Karlskrona Hemlig Official Preorder Announcement

Discussion of microbrand watches
Bradystraps
Name: Todd

Karlskrona Hemlig Official Preorder Announcement

Post by Bradystraps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:09 am

Hi all,
I’m pleased to announce the official opening of my Preorder on Monday 1/20/20. Those that have signed up for the Preorder will receive an email with instructions on securing their watch.
After the initial Preorder member period, the public Preorder opening will start.

Feel free to contact me with any questions through either PM or email at: sales@karlskronawatch.com

Best,
Todd

gonzomantis
Name: Mike

Re: Karlskrona Hemlig Official Preorder Announcement

Post by gonzomantis » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:22 am

What is the anticipated delivery date?

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:30 am

gonzomantis wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:22 am
What is the anticipated delivery date?
May

gonzomantis

Post by gonzomantis » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm

When I go to check out, the price is zero (which is awesome), but the page shows the cart is for "Best Sportshoes." Is this correct? I'm looking for the no-date with 12 hour bezel.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:47 pm

gonzomantis wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:58 pm
When I go to check out, the price is zero (which is awesome), but the page shows the cart is for "Best Sportshoes." Is this correct? I'm looking for the no-date with 12 hour bezel.
That is correct. There should be instructions on the page stating "The Preorder is now OPEN. Once you purchase a Preorder watch voucher here, you will receive a Paypal invoice for $395.00. A shipping invoice will be sent at a later date. Please be sure to include your Paypal email address in your registration/voucher purchase here. Any questions can be sent to: sales@karlskronawatch.com"

ktran58
Name: Khoi

Post by ktran58 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:15 am

I placed my order and got an order number. Did not receive an invoice for $395 or voucher.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:14 pm

ktran58 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:15 am
I placed my order and got an order number. Did not receive an invoice for $395 or voucher.
you should email him directly if you want a reply anytime soon.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 am

ktran58 wrote:
Yes, just saw it come across on Friday. I’m sending invoices out today.

ktran58

Post by ktran58 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:18 am

Bradystraps wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 am
ktran58 wrote:
Got it. Apologies on the quick reaction. I wasn't aware it was a manual process, thought it was immediate and system generated.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:37 am

ktran58 wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:18 am
Bradystraps wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:45 am
ktran58 wrote:
Got it. Apologies on the quick reaction. I wasn't aware it was a manual process, thought it was immediate and system generated.
No worries. I certainly understand. :thumbsup:

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:47 pm

If any forum members are interested in the Preorder, let me know. Offering an additional 5% off and adding it to the Make a Wish donation.

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:20 pm

Bradystraps wrote:If any forum members are interested in the Preorder, let me know. Offering an additional 5% off and adding it to the Make a Wish donation.
This is confusing me....

You’re discounting the watch 5%, donating 5% to Make-a-Wish, or both?

gonzomantis

Post by gonzomantis » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 pm

Do people who already paid get a 5% refund?

ktran58

Post by ktran58 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:57 am

gonzomantis wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 pm
As much as I would like a refund, i don't think that's how it works. I'm sure he's just trying to secure more funding to get these watches into the production stage, which I'm all about.

gonzomantis

Post by gonzomantis » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 am

ktran58 wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:57 am
gonzomantis wrote:
Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:42 pm
As much as I would like a refund, i don't think that's how it works. I'm sure he's just trying to secure more funding to get these watches into the production stage, which I'm all about.
I think it would be a bad practice if a company offers a discount, after the initial offering, and before delivery, but doesn't adjust the price for the first people to buy. if this is done in the spirit of charity, they could just increase the charitable contribution without changing the price. If the discount is to get more funding, the message to the early adopters is that they were suckers to pay the initial offering price.

Bradystraps

Post by Bradystraps » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:35 pm

I am discounting the Preorder price 5% for all DWC members. If you have already paid, please message me and I will refund you the 5%. As I accumulate additional Preorder sales, I will be taking 5% and donating to MAW down the road after the project concludes.

Sorry for the confusion. Juggling 37 glass balls right now. ;)

hoppyjr
HJ
Name: Hoppy

Post by hoppyjr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:55 pm

Bradystraps wrote:I am discounting the Preorder price 5% for all DWC members. If you have already paid, please message me and I will refund you the 5%. As I accumulate additional Preorder sales, I will be taking 5% and donating to MAW down the road after the project concludes.

While they may be sensitive, Ben’s balls are by no means glass.

amckiwi
Name: Stu

Post by amckiwi » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:06 pm

Sorry for the confusion. Juggling 37 glass balls right now. ;)[/quote]

While they may be sensitive, Ben’s balls are by no means glass.
[/quote]

I love when the voice of experience brings clarity and knowledge to the BOD threads

ktran58

Post by ktran58 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:19 am

Bradystraps wrote:
Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:35 pm
I am discounting the Preorder price 5% for all DWC members. If you have already paid, please message me and I will refund you the 5%. As I accumulate additional Preorder sales, I will be taking 5% and donating to MAW down the road after the project concludes.

Unexpected but appreciated! Thanks!

Fiery
Name: Fiery

Post by Fiery » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:24 pm

Bradystraps wrote:
Juggling 37 glass balls right now. ;)
That's probably why I haven't got a response to my inquiry in Instagram direct msg :rolleyes: Posting my question here too, maybe it helps others too who may be interested in the Hemlig.

I'm thinking about ordering the Hemlig. But, as a NATO strap enthusiast, I’m not sure about the space between the springbar (between the lugs) and the watch case. In other words, I’m not sure if there’s enough space there to fit a thicker NATO, Zulu or canvas strap without removing the springbars. I've seen photos with classic NATO straps fitted on the Hemlig, but none where it would hold a seat belt NATO strap or canvas strap. Can you please advise me on this particular property of your watch? Thank you!

jtbenson
Name: jason

Post by jtbenson » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:42 pm

Fiery wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:24 pm
Bradystraps wrote:
That's probably why I haven't got a response to my inquiry in Instagram direct msg :rolleyes: Posting my question here too, maybe it helps others too who may be interested in the Hemlig.

I'm thinking about ordering the Hemlig. But, as a NATO strap enthusiast, I’m not sure about the space between the springbar (between the lugs) and the watch case. In other words, I’m not sure if there’s enough space there to fit a thicker NATO, Zulu or canvas strap without removing the springbars. I've seen photos with classic NATO straps fitted on the Hemlig, but none where it would hold a seat belt NATO strap or canvas strap. Can you please advise me on this particular property of your watch? Thank you!
appropriate screen name bud

ktran58

Post by ktran58 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:51 am

Fiery wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:24 pm
Bradystraps wrote:

I had this issue with my kemmner 007, tolerance between the springbar and case were too tight. Enter the curved springbar and all is resolved.

Fiery
Name: Fiery

Post by Fiery » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:45 am

ktran58 wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:51 am
I had this issue with my kemmner 007, tolerance between the springbar and case were too tight. Enter the curved springbar and all is resolved.
I've already had a springbar failure incident after replacing an OEM springbar with one that provided a larger gap (looser tolerances) to install thicker NATO straps, so from now on I'd prefer to stick to the factory default springbars. It would be great if it was possible to install 1.0 to 1.5mm thick NATO straps on the Hemlig, but looking at its lug design I don't think it's possible without removing the springbars...

JDC222
Demander of Intro Threads
Name: Dave

Post by JDC222 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 am

Fiery wrote:
ktran58 wrote:
I've already had a springbar failure incident after replacing an OEM springbar with one that provided a larger gap (looser tolerances) to install thicker NATO straps, so from now on I'd prefer to stick to the factory default springbars. It would be great if it was possible to install 1.0 to 1.5mm thick NATO straps on the Hemlig, but looking at its lug design I don't think it's possible without removing the springbars...
You would have never had an SFI with the OEM. When you use the LTS, you’re odds of a SFI increase significantly. Always stick to the FDS and you’ll be AOK! :rolleyes:
Whisky has killed more men than bullets, but most men would rather be full of whisky than bullets.
Winston Churchill.

toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Post by toxicavenger » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:23 am

Fiery wrote:
Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:45 am
ktran58 wrote:
The correct tip diameter and springbar length is the key to a good spring bar fit. Not really whether or not it is factory part