Newmark 71

Discussion of microbrand watches
toxicavenger
President Tranny
Name: HeadDIK

Newmark 71

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:42 am

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/56 ... escription

Whilst we make no claims to the history of the original Newmark brand, it is nonetheless an interesting history which dates back over 100 years and it’s a name that we are extremely proud to able to use on our watches.

Originally an importer of Swiss watches, Newmark manufactured under their own name from 1950 -1960 at their factory in Croydon, near London. During that decade they produced some 7 million wristwatches with models such as the ‘52’ the ‘Crescent’, the ‘Calendar’ and the ‘Phantom’ amongst others.

From 1960 to around 1980, Newmark switched back to importing Swiss watches in a vast array of designs and styles, updating their range as much as four times a year. This period produced some interesting designs to say the least! It also produced designs which have become classics in their own right and which many manufacturers shared. One such design forms the basis of our Newmark 71.

Amidst a sea of so called 'homage watches', we like to think that the Newmark 71 revival is a little different...

We wanted to bring the vintage Newmark bang up to date so we’ve equipped it with a modern high beat movement known for its reliability; in addition we’ve added:

a screw down crown
a double-domed sapphire crystal
a ball-bearing bezel with lumed sapphire insert
a silky smooth bracelet
three dial options (all featuring some of the best lume in the business)
We prefer to call this a Sports Watch rather than a Dive Watch…with a classically sized 39.5mm bezel it won’t look out of place with a suit (be it a wet suit or a dinner suit) and the integrated curvature of the crystal and bezel means that it will slip beneath your shirt sleeve with ease...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

deepcdvr
Flipper Extraordinaire
Name: Paul

Re: Newmark 71

Post by deepcdvr » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 am

I like them, although I wonder why they would use the Newmark name. I get that it's an homage to the brand but to start off by saying "we make no claims to the history of the original Newmark brand" - then.. ?
VR/
Paul

SI VI PACEM, PARA BELLUM

Torrid
Name: Heath

Post by Torrid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:55 am

Looks nice but I don’t know how original it is. The dial looks like an Eterna to me.

JBZ
Mr. Tasseled Loafer
Name: Jeff

Post by JBZ » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:57 am

Very Zodiac-ish.

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:58 pm

deepcdvr wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:32 am
I like them, although I wonder why they would use the Newmark name. I get that it's an homage to the brand but to start off by saying "we make no claims to the history of the original Newmark brand" - then.. ?
the bought the name if i recall

toxicavenger
President Tranny

Post by toxicavenger » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:00 pm

Torrid wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:55 am
Looks nice but I don’t know how original it is. The dial looks like an Eterna to me.
original
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AtomicTom
Nuclear Personality!!!!
Name: Tom

Post by AtomicTom » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 am

These are nice Terry, and like the guys are saying you can see a lot of Eterna,
and even Zodiac in these ! :excited: Kind of classic, but not something we see all of
the time, or from every other brand.

Yowza, even the bracelets look extra cool ! 8-) 8-) Hadn't seen these sir. THX a lot !!!